What's that you're eating?

I don't celebrate Easter (or any other "holiday" anymore) but I couldn't resist buying this 5# Leg of Lamb during a pre-Easter sale for just $4/#:

6p2johD.jpeg

The package said it was "semi-boned" but there was a huge thigh bone that I chose to remove, which required me to truss the meat:

uODBoKE.jpg

After which I inserted garlic slices into the meat & rubbed the meat w/a combo of S&P, thyme, rosemary & lime juice prior to roasting:

8wjzPEI.jpg

Here's a Plate of Lamb topped with some Au Jus that I served to myself along with some Steamed Rice & pan roasted Brussel Spouts:

qxO79kN.jpeg

And here are all of the leftovers sliced & ready to eat (only 2# left out of 5#) which I've already vacuum sealed for later use:

0jL3QIK.jpeg

So, looks like I'm going to be eating Lamb for awhile longer. LOL! ;)

Last edited:
Enough cooking . . . just microwaved 2 pieces of deli Fried Chicken, added some store bought Potato Salad & some pickled Shredded Carrots & Cabbage that I made with a few Orange slices -- for dinner tonight:

lZFpNoA.jpeg

Last edited:
How many of you have food processors? I just got one and feel like an idiot for not having one sooner.

Great for making salsa, flavored butter, sauces, dough, and chopping/slicing/grating just about anything. It saves so much time.

Worth every penny.

I have a food processor -- a Cuisinart w/a steel body -- they don't make 'em like that anymore -- that I bought back in 1981 that I still use. :cool:

How many of you have food processors? I just got one and feel like an idiot for not having one sooner.

Great for making salsa, flavored butter, sauces, dough, and chopping/slicing/grating just about anything. It saves so much time.

Worth every penny.
Yup. Mine is All-Clad and it's great. I should use it more than I do.

I have a food processor -- a Cuisinart w/a steel body -- they don't make 'em like that anymore -- that I bought back in 1981 that I still use. :cool:
I just bought a cuisinart. It has a stainless steel body, but the top is plsdtic. It's the 14 cup model. Is that what you mean or are you saying the entire motor and control housing is steel?

I just bought a cuisinart. It has a stainless steel body, but the top is plsdtic. It's the 14 cup model. Is that what you mean or are you saying the entire motor and control housing is steel?

The model is #CFP 5A. The entire motor housing is made of steel and it weighs 14# based on my bathroom scale. I looked but could not find an HP rating for the motor but someone selling the motor says that it's rated at 1/2 HP.

Like I said, they don't make 'em like THIS any more! ;)

hB0eup3.jpeg

I still have all of the blades, steel & plastic, for it. I also have a juicer attachment (including the box) for it and should still have manual for it somewhere as well because I always keep the manual/instruction sheet for everything that I buy but here's what it looks like:

tkVre85.jpeg

Note the dates printed below the picture on the front page. I said I bought it in 1981 because that's when I moved back to SF from DC and I don't think I lugged it all the way across country in the truck but I lived in DC from 1975-1981 and could have bought it earlier.

Whatever the case, I've owned this food processor for at least 43 years which is a long time to own anything but it has 57 more years, to go before it can be classified as an antique. LOL! ;)

PS: Just noticed from the picture of that manual that I'm using the original spatula that came w/the food processor too!!! 🤪

Last edited:
The model is #CFP 5A. The entire motor housing is made of steel and it weighs 14# based on my bathroom scale. I looked but could not find an HP rating for the motor but someone selling the motor says that it's rated at 1/2 HP.

Like I said, they don't make 'em like THIS any more! ;)

hB0eup3.jpeg

I still have all of the blades, steel & plastic, for it. I also have a juicer attachment (including the box) for it and should still have manual for it somewhere as well because I always keep the manual/instruction sheet for everything that I buy but here's what it looks like:

tkVre85.jpeg

Note the dates printed below the picture on the front page. I said I bought it in 1981 because that's when I moved back to SF from DC and I don't think I lugged it all the way across country in the truck but I lived in DC from 1975-1981 and could have bought it earlier.

Whatever the case, I've owned this food processor for at least 43 years which is a long time to own anything but it has 57 more years, to go before it can be classified as an antique. LOL! ;)

PS: Just noticed from the picture of that manual that I'm using the original spatula that came w/the food processor too!!! 🤪
Wowza

That's exactly the same as mine, except what you pointed out, the full steel housing. That thing is awesome

Back