What's that you're eating?

Tonight is one of my favorite meals, either for dinner or breakfast. Very good with ice cold beer.

Pro-tips - get real chorizo, and also do not cook the eggs in the oven as the recipe directs, rather cook the eggs in a fry pan separate and plop them on each serving otherwise you just cannot control how cooked the eggs get.

I'm gonna try this! Looks awesome!

I can already smell and taste it, nice referral E Elgatodeacero 👍

IMG_3579.png

A pre-St. Patty's Day plate of Corned Beef & Cabbage w/a glass of Pinot & a mixture of Dijon Mustard & Horseradish on the side:

ZqGfBBB.jpeg

A Corned Beef on Rye Sandwich, including Japanese mayo, Spicy Mustard & Sauerkraut in the sandwich with some pickle & orange slices on the side:

h85cd9k.jpg

Just noticed that the pic is cloudy (too lazy to take another) but this is the result of a St. Patty's Day shopping session today -- $46 in food for only $20 -- 8 lbs of corned beef, 2 heads of cabbage, a large jar of sauerkraut & a loaf of "Jewish" rye bread:

VRjnGA6.jpg

Going to cook & freeze the corned beef for later & am going to make some stuffed cabbage & cole slaw with most of the cabbage. Will use most of the sauerkraut with the stuffed cabbage & will eat the bread up in due course.

BTW, don't know why it's called "Jewish" (as opposed to other types of rye bread. It was the only type of rye bread that they had on hand and all I know is that's what was printed on the bag. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Been trying not to look at this thread too much lately, until after Easter. But I popped in to disclose my Friday meal consisting of:

three small potatoes, diced;
two small to medium onions, chopped;
half a dozen garlic cloves, peeled;
one can of salmon, dumped;

into a pan with coconut oil, and seasoned with salt, oregano and cayenne pepper.

Sauteed then unceremoniously dumped onto a cheap, boring polycarbonate dinner plate of greens with olive oil.

Then eaten.

Given many of your meal pics, this pic probably would have been even less appetizing than the meal's description. 🤣 But I liked it.

Back in cooking mode . . . decided to try a simple recipe that I saw on America's Test Kitchen to make Chicken Teriyaki.

The recipe called for about 4 tbsp (or 1/4 cup) sake for the marinade & sauce but I usually don't stock any so I bought this 1.5L bottle for $9 which left a lot left over for drinking. LOL! ;)

nhZmUtp.jpg

The recipe also called for deboning 4 chicken thighs, cutting them into smaller bits, grilling them skin down to to make the skin crisp & finishing the chicken bits in a soy/ginger/sugar glaze before serving . . .

E0RHIN1.jpg

VlurC0t.jpg

VEXV8RV.jpg

A pretty easy/simple dish that I made for lunch today with rice & peas and a tumbler of bourbon on the rocks & some nuts on the side.

Ji7LwWs.jpeg

Finally got everything that I need to make some Stuffed Cabbage tomorrow, which will make use of most of the head of cabbage that I bought on sale last week and any left over cabbage will be made into coleslaw.

Last edited:
A leisurely Sunday, and grocery shopping day. Grabbed a 3# ribeye that I cut and stored a couple months ago from the freezer earlier this afternoon and started getting it ready for dinner tonight with some fresh vegetables.
View attachment 2535776

View attachment 2535772

Dropped the ribeye in the sous vide at 135* and let it go for several hours. Had a couple cold glasses of Riesling and enjoyed the nice weather while we waited.
View attachment 2535771

Got the vegetables prepped and on the roasting pan, 350* for about an hour.
View attachment 2535773

Pulled the ribeye from the sous vide and pan seared it with some butter, young vidalia onions, and garlic.
View attachment 2535774

Let it rest for 10 minutes and then sliced it up to serve.

View attachment 2535775

Back