What's that you're eating?

So this Rabbi, a Mohel, and an Alligator walk into a bar... 🤣

The Mohel offers the bartender a free circumcision in exchange for a drink, and the Rabbi offers a free prayer for healing afterwards if he can have a drink; but the Alligator eats everyone except the bartender and says, “keep the tip, now where's my beer?" :eek:

Also, I wrote that joke, but I don't know if someone else planted that subliminally into my mind, or if it's original...

If you like ice cream, and gelato…… then I recommend this brand from WA state.

I am enjoying their mint chip, and despite a high price, this is some of the best store bought ice cream I have had.
Hey cool! Thanks! There’s an ACME Valley Ice Cream Cafe right down in Fairhaven. We often go for walks there, and a few of our favorite restaurants are there. I’ll drag the wife in and take some pics next time we’re out. We sometimes stop into Sirena Gelato after walks in the summer.

Bread. Turned out great: springy, chewy, crusty, and light. I'll try it again soon.

1Tyk0r9.jpeg

W5603gj.jpeg

Nothing was snipped in the making of this loaf.

Bread (and baked goods in general) have always been an aloof mystery to me. To be fair, I'm not great at following recipes and measurements (plus dont bake enough), then when you throw in: type of flour, age of yeast (don't bake much), temp and humidity factors, I rarely can repeat the same recipe twice (both in quality and effect) if it comes out of the oven.

That bread looks great, though oldmanwilly oldmanwilly ! 😍

Eta: spelling

Last edited:
Bread (and baked goods in general) have always been a aloof mystery to me. To be fair, I'm not great at following recipes and measurements (plus dont bake enough), then when you throw in: type of flour, age of yeast (don't bake much), temp and humidity factors, I rarely can repeat the same recipe twice (both in quality and effect) if it comes out of the oven.

Same. Cooking feels like art. Baking feels like math. It’s why I brag so much when the wife makes bread. It’s like a miracle to me.

Bread (and baked goods in general) have always been a aloof mystery to me. To be fair, I'm not great at following recipes and measurements (plus dont bake enough), then when you throw in: type of flour, age of yeast (don't bake much), temp and humidity factors, I rarely can repeat the same recipe twice (both in quality and effect) if it comes out of the oven.

Same. Cooking feels like art. Baking feels like math. It’s why I brag so much when the wife makes bread. It’s like a miracle to me.

Yup, I failed pretty hard at sourdough but found this recipe that was incredibly easy:

I'd rather wing-it than have to meticulously measure out ingredients, but I think that just comes with practice. My batch probably has a bit too much moisture, making it a bit more dense than I'd like, but still light and springy enough. I'll be trying this again.

Edit: Thanks for all of the positive reinforcement!

Back