What's that you're eating?

I saved a pinch of the dough from yesterday and fed it some whole wheat flour.

lnefQei.jpeg

Back in business.

Went grocery shopping earlier with expectations of cooking a good dinner of steak, roasted tomatoes, broccoli, and baked potatoes. Got lazy, and decided a cheese plate was the answer for tonight. Hope everyone has a good Saturday night.

View attachment 2524585

Food related, I also have 60 eggs currently in the freeze dryer for long term storage use. Delicious scrambled eggs on demand, with a shelf life measured in years/decades.

View attachment 2524596

View attachment 2524600

View attachment 2524597

View attachment 2524598
We've been freeze drying a ton of food lately. I hear the egg texture is better if you cook the eggs first and then freeze dry them. What's your opinion?

Made beef short ribs tonight.

Saute onions and garlic in the instant pot
20240312_170507.jpg

Season ribs with salt and pepper, roll in flour.
20240312_170505.jpg

Next, brown them in the instant pot.
20240312_170853.jpg

Deglaze pan. Add in the sauce/components to make sauce, onions, and garlic. Cook for 45 minutes high pressure. Then natural release for 15 minutes. Remove ribs, thicken sauce, and enjoy.
20240312_185729.jpg

Nachos look crazy!
They always do a great job! They’ve sold their old building and changed locations, but this was the place I took my wife on our first date. We’ve seen their menu items change quite a bit in the last twelve years. This is their small nacho. The wife orders drinks like an adult but I usually end up getting their sugary peach bellini slushy.

Catching up . . .

First, a pic of some Loco Mocco that I made at home with a poached egg, a hamburger patty and leftover beef stew gravy poured over reheated rice.

dSfgOXL.jpg

Second, a Lamb Kebab w/Hummus & Salad on the side w/a glass of IPA & Pita Bread for lunch before a movie the other day:

Gx1m3xX.jpg

Third, an after movie meal of 3 appetizers -- Gambari (shrimp), Arancini (fried rice/cheese balls) & a Charcuterie board w/a glass of an Italian IPA & a tumbler of Bruchladdich Port Charlotte Islay scotch (out of the pictures) . . .

TluFk5V.jpg

rFc1TmU.jpg

kkG8vXO.jpg

Third, a bowl of Pork & Preserved Duck Egg (Pei Don) Jook (Congee) with Chinese Fried Bread (Yow Til) for breakfast yesterday:

fQ3OyUE.jpg

Last edited:
Tonight is one of my favorite meals, either for dinner or breakfast. Very good with ice cold beer.

Pro-tips - get real chorizo, and also do not cook the eggs in the oven as the recipe directs, rather cook the eggs in a fry pan separate and plop them on each serving otherwise you just cannot control how cooked the eggs get.

Back