Where the snark is the snark?

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's not the container that growls -- try to take one away from Murph or Jerry before it's empty....

I'm not doing a lift, at least not in the near future... Mostly because I refuse to go the cheap route with blocks/spacers and can't afford the full suspension lift I'd want... Saving up for months to add a couple inches height is just not that worth it to me...

Now if I could easily afford it I'd raise the front 3"and the rear 2" to make it appear taller and level... Love the look... But not the cost.

Besides... My truck mod list is long enough as it is and I currently have no truck to mod LOL

Did you find out if the insurance is totalling it or not?

I'd love to have a new/newer truck. Hell actually I be very happy with a half way decent older truck or even a beater. You never realize how handy and useful a truck is until you don't have one. Right now we don't have any car payments and that is nice as well. Probably next new vehicle we get will probably be for the wife, I dought that will be a truck :grumpy:

Mmm...truck. Not likely to happen for me in the next decade. Prolly have to wait til I'm of retirement age (don't think I will be able to retire, sadly....). Missed my chance when my dad sold his creampuff Dodge Dakota ('94? Don't remember - before they effed up the front end styling) with less than 20K on it for ~7G's. Extended cab....totally wanted that truck, but, you know....1 year old child...choices were made.

In other news, it was so cold here that some of my beer in the auxiliary fridge (the garage) kind of froze into beer Slushies. Supposed to be ~50°F tomorrow, so they'll be quaffable without the thawing in the kitchen part. Seriously schizophrenic weather.

In other news, it was so cold here that some of my beer in the auxiliary fridge (the garage) kind of froze into beer Slushies. Supposed to be ~50°F tomorrow, so they'll be quaffable without the thawing in the kitchen part. Seriously schizophrenic weather.

My basement got down to about 42. The auxiliary beer stash was conveniently refrigerated without the putting it in the fridge part.

So what you're saying is that it's 100°F hotter in Seattle (55°F tomorrow) than where you live? My eyes hurt just reading about that kind of cold.

Speaking of the auxiliary beer stash, this is what's in my fridge:

Arranged in descending order of IBU, more or less. Not a stinker in the bunch. It took me a couple tries to warm up to the Long Trail. I had to figure out that the weird taste was apples. Now it's a bit like a #9, though not quite as good.

IMG_20160214_210756-small.jpg

There is a pretty sweet version of the Colorado coming out in the next few months... Makes the Tacoma look like some paltry bull-ish.

I went and checked out the 2016 Colorado, Frontier, Canyon, Ram, and Tacoma. I didnt even have to open the door of the frontier to X it off the list.... But I like the 2016 Canyon more than the Colorado looks-wise. I like the fronts of the Toyota best.

Now this... I dont care for this personally...

2017-Chevrolet-Colorado-Concept.jpg

Too spaceship like i guess... I loved the pictures of the 2016 colorado, i went to look at it before the tacoma.... But in person the front of it throws me off..... from the front it doesnt really look like a truck exactly... Maybe an SUV or new type el camino, but not really a truck appearance to me.

Im picky i guess..... Hell i changed the grille of the tacoma too if that says anything LOL

But it might also say something that if this one is totaled, i could go get a different truck, but ill be sticking with a Tacoma.

Did you find out if the insurance is totalling it or not?

Got a call around 6pm yesterday from the field appraiser. There is NO frame damage what so ever. The engine was NOT pushed into the firewall. But it still might be totaled due to cost of damage. All airbags deployed ripping the seats and stuff and most the front end will need to be replaced. No real damage to engine except the radiator.

BUT, due to how new the truck is they are having issues getting prices for parts. SO they say. Its at the Toyota collision/body shop so i figured they'd have all the parts.... They told me within 48 hours from yesterday i should know for sure if it will be totaled or fixed.

Right now he said its a 50/50 chance it will be totaled.... (figured as much :rolleyes:)

I know i miss my truck.

woah, that is a bit spaceship, but I think I like it.
I wonder how the fuel economy is. Mine has gone to shit and I can't debug it.

But other than that I'm happy with my '08 Colorado. It looks decent, has good lights, drives well, etc. The super aggressive ones really aren't what I need for my 100% street driving. Once in awhile I drive on a well-maintained dirt road.

IMG_20150719_133606-small-small.jpg

I'm curious what the Italian overlords at Fiat have in mind for Jeep's rumored truck. Aside from that, the GMC Canyon with the 2.8 Duramax may be a tempting option when my Silverado tires out.

Daiz the older ones like yours is what made me think Colorado first. I had a buddy with one and I loved it.

I sometimes drive on a well maintained dirt road... Every few months when the town actually sends a "grader" out and fixes it... Most the time it's a mixture of washboard ruts in the limerock and soft sand or mud if it rained.

Most the people down this road have been asking the town to pave our road... They been asking for years... My father lives further down and also wants it paved... As far as I know I'm the only one wanting it not to ever get paved... I wanna live on a dirt road rest of my life if possible. They may eventually pave it.... But if they ask me I'm saying hell no lol

That duramax is sweet Jerry!!.

Hell I like the Silverado a lot. But a 2016 wasn't in my price range.

I have always liked Chevy trucks the most... That's why I went to Chevy first... But in my price range for brand new only left the midsized trucks, and Tacoma won after in person inspecting and test driving.

I wasn't a fan of the old first gen Tacoma at all honestly... Loved my little 1999 4cyl S10 back in the day... Things change.

I hear ford is bringing the ranger back.... Haven't looked it up though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back