Where the snark is the snark?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought one of them fancy brass bottle openers. Worst part of a new piece of a gear is it screws up pocket logistics of everything else you edc.

Side not, if I were to say hold said bottle opener with my fingers through the eyes, is that like shouldering a sig brace? Not it's intended use, and don't let the law see you do it?

I'm curious what the Italian overlords at Fiat have in mind for Jeep's rumored truck. Aside from that, the GMC Canyon with the 2.8 Duramax may be a tempting option when my Silverado tires out.

I don't even want to think about it. I'll never forgive Jeep for the JK.

So what you're saying is that it's 100°F hotter in Seattle (55°F tomorrow) than where you live? My eyes hurt just reading about that kind of cold.

No. that little "~" thingy means "approximately".......so it was almost 50° here today. I will say that I have experienced that other sort of cold, though; There was a week during my freshman year of college that the temp did not go above -20°F for an entire week, and was regularly in the -40° overnight. Beer freezes solid in about an hour if left outside in those temps, and breathing and blinking at the same time flash freezes your eyelashes together. The town next to us (Massena, NY) set a record for the coldest temp ever in the CONUS at -56°F....though I believe that's been broken since (1981-82).

Would someone kindly explain to a noob (who's been lurking/sporadically posting for 2.5ish years) what these snark threads are about?
They seem to be like a continuous stream of freely associated conversation...
Just curious guys... Be gentle....

Would someone kindly explain to a noob (who's been lurking/sporadically posting for 2.5ish years) what these snark threads are about?

Yup
You got it

Pretty much that's it. The Snark thread is where we get to just hang and talk about whatever....knife related or not (more towards NOT). Also there's a fair bit of ribbing that goes on....which tends to bleed out into the regular threads as, IMO, snark is what makes the Beckerheads Beckerheads. Notice that it says "Off Topic". NO politics, nothing R-rated (or above) and pretty much that's it. In a word, the snark threads are about nothing. Still, it's a fun place to hang out.

Pretty much that's it. The Snark thread is where we get to just hang and talk about whatever....knife related or not (more towards NOT). Also there's a fair bit of ribbing that goes on....which tends to bleed out into the regular threads as, IMO, snark is what makes the Beckerheads Beckerheads. Notice that it says "Off Topic". NO politics, nothing R-rated (or above) and pretty much that's it. In a word, the snark threads are about nothing. Still, it's a fun place to hang out.

It's all coming together now....
Indeed about everything... And nothing at all! :)
I'll be chiming in more often now!! :D
Thanks guy! I love you Beckerheads! :)
You guys never make a someone feel like a total moron (unless he deserve it!).

Yeah, that pretty much covers it.
A place to just pop in and see what folks are up to day to day, or as their day goes by. Also for one to post what's going on in their life, or to vent about real life stuff. You can expect sympathy and or smart Alec cracks.

Snark=snide remark so expect a fair amount of ribbing but nobody really takes it personally... This is probably the main thing that attracted me to start posting after years of lurking.

Yeah, that pretty much covers it.
A place to just pop in and see what folks are up to day to day, or as their day goes by. Also for one to post what's going on in their life, or to vent about real life stuff. You can expect sympathy and or smart Alec cracks.

Snark=snide remark so expect a fair amount of ribbing but nobody really takes it personally... This is probably the main thing that attracted me to start posting after years of lurking.

Totally love it brother! :)
Y'all are awesome!
Doin' life with other knife nuts...
Priceless.

These guys are just snarking you. The snark thread is really only about bigghoss. :D

Couldn't resist the clearance... Got the last one of these for $15...

I'm digging it...good ole USA Blade. Cool color, all aluminum with the Buck 420HC BOS Blade.
I def like the spine lock better than a liner lock.

Saw a couple other Bucks cheap but they were Chinese so I passed.
Still got my eye on that Reaper tho...
Even at $40 it looks fun to play with.

At $7 each, I couldn't resist 3 of these...
No way I'd pay a penny more but worth it I guess to have in a little kit.

I've been trying to catch a good price on the Ka-Bar hobo, but looks like they're stuck at $20+ everywhere so I'd just as soon carry some plastic ware...

That little k thing doesn't seem very useful. The Knife is OK, I guess.
Don't really get the clip being all up in the fork thing.
Hmmm...now I'm thinking refund on the other 2 sets since I opened one...but so cheap...
I'm going camping in the mountains this weekend so I'll give the utensil a test run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back