Where the snark is the snark?

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by NixKustoms, Jan 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clich

clich

Apr 19, 2011
    Bought one of them fancy brass bottle openers. Worst part of a new piece of a gear is it screws up pocket logistics of everything else you edc.

Side not, if I were to say hold said bottle opener with my fingers through the eyes, is that like shouldering a sig brace? Not it's intended use, and don't let the law see you do it?
    [​IMG]

2. NCSlice

NCSlice

Feb 22, 2015
    I have one word for ya...

RAPTOR

3. clich

clich

Apr 19, 2011
    Veloci.

Oh the truck. Yea that to.

4. dresnor

dresnor

Feb 1, 2011
    From what I was told I crushed the interview but was beat out by someone with more experience in that job function.

Jeremy

5. Murphnuge

Murphnuge Moderator Moderator

Feb 27, 2010
    I don't even want to think about it. I'll never forgive Jeep for the JK.

6. NCSlice

NCSlice

Feb 22, 2015
    Amen to that...
    Don't even get me started on that Caravan V6...
    Then those big plastic fenders?
    TJ FTW

7. granitestateofmind

granitestateofmind

Apr 20, 2013
    No. that little "~" thingy means "approximately".......so it was almost 50° here today. I will say that I have experienced that other sort of cold, though; There was a week during my freshman year of college that the temp did not go above -20°F for an entire week, and was regularly in the -40° overnight. Beer freezes solid in about an hour if left outside in those temps, and breathing and blinking at the same time flash freezes your eyelashes together. The town next to us (Massena, NY) set a record for the coldest temp ever in the CONUS at -56°F....though I believe that's been broken since (1981-82).

8. bigghoss

bigghoss

Jul 27, 2011
    Did you tell them I said you have the job? No, because if you did you'd have it.

+1

9. Tdhurl1103

Tdhurl1103

Dec 6, 2012
    Boooooooo!!

10. Psyop

Psyop

Oct 17, 2011
    I really really would like a Jeep truck with a diesel

11. daizee

daizee KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 30, 2009
    I've got a bridge made of unicorns to sell you... meet me out back?

12. granitestateofmind

granitestateofmind

Apr 20, 2013
    I have a....sort of, ah...vehicle with a diesel. Maybe you should get one of the Dodge Cummins diesel models. Stump pullers, for sure.

13. JTmisterknifeguy

JTmisterknifeguy

May 22, 2013
    Would someone kindly explain to a noob (who's been lurking/sporadically posting for 2.5ish years) what these snark threads are about?
    They seem to be like a continuous stream of freely associated conversation...
    Just curious guys... Be gentle....

14. Psyop

Psyop

Oct 17, 2011
    Yup
    You got it

15. granitestateofmind

granitestateofmind

Apr 20, 2013
    Pretty much that's it. The Snark thread is where we get to just hang and talk about whatever....knife related or not (more towards NOT). Also there's a fair bit of ribbing that goes on....which tends to bleed out into the regular threads as, IMO, snark is what makes the Beckerheads Beckerheads. Notice that it says "Off Topic". NO politics, nothing R-rated (or above) and pretty much that's it. In a word, the snark threads are about nothing. Still, it's a fun place to hang out.

16. JTmisterknifeguy

JTmisterknifeguy

May 22, 2013
    It's all coming together now....
    Indeed about everything... And nothing at all! :)
    I'll be chiming in more often now!! :D
    Thanks guy! I love you Beckerheads! :)
    You guys never make a someone feel like a total moron (unless he deserve it!).

17. NCSlice

NCSlice

Feb 22, 2015
    Yeah, that pretty much covers it.
    A place to just pop in and see what folks are up to day to day, or as their day goes by. Also for one to post what's going on in their life, or to vent about real life stuff. You can expect sympathy and or smart Alec cracks.

Snark=snide remark so expect a fair amount of ribbing but nobody really takes it personally... This is probably the main thing that attracted me to start posting after years of lurking.

18. JTmisterknifeguy

JTmisterknifeguy

May 22, 2013
    Totally love it brother! :)
    Y'all are awesome!
    Doin' life with other knife nuts...
    Priceless.

19. Noswad0208

Noswad0208

Sep 8, 2014
    These guys are just snarking you. The snark thread is really only about bigghoss. :D

20. NCSlice

NCSlice

Feb 22, 2015
    Couldn't resist the clearance... Got the last one of these for $15...

[​IMG]

I'm digging it...good ole USA Blade. Cool color, all aluminum with the Buck 420HC BOS Blade.
    I def like the spine lock better than a liner lock.

Saw a couple other Bucks cheap but they were Chinese so I passed.
    Still got my eye on that Reaper tho...
    Even at $40 it looks fun to play with.

At $7 each, I couldn't resist 3 of these...
    No way I'd pay a penny more but worth it I guess to have in a little kit.

[​IMG]

I've been trying to catch a good price on the Ka-Bar hobo, but looks like they're stuck at $20+ everywhere so I'd just as soon carry some plastic ware...

That little k thing doesn't seem very useful. The Knife is OK, I guess.
    Don't really get the clip being all up in the fork thing.
    Hmmm...now I'm thinking refund on the other 2 sets since I opened one...but so cheap...
    I'm going camping in the mountains this weekend so I'll give the utensil a test run.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.