Whiskey flasks?

On a flight the luggage compartment is at cabin pressure. If it wasn't then the pets in the hold would suffocate.

Glass bottles are very strong. Plastic ones are strong and shatterproof.

Do you really not have pints down there in the USA? Nothing like this?
liquor-lookalikes-1.jpg

There are such small bottles for sale but the selection of those down here tend to be limited to more generic stuff I believe...

Yes, around here those small plastic bottles are expensive and generally pretty generic low-end stuff. $6 for 3/4oz of low-grade liquor isn't a good option for me. Now if I could find a 200ml or 375ml in a reputable brand, I'd probably give one of those plastic bottles a "test drive".

On the flip side, most of the plastics I have been around really hung on to flavors so, I'd also have to dedicate each bottle to a single liquor type. Being a good "solvent", they penetrate a lot of plastics really well rendering them pretty useless in the long run.

Thinking this through some more, it may be worthwhile to just travel the ~2 hours each way to Dallas and hit the local liquor stores for small thinnish glass bottles and give it a go. Maybe I can score some 375ml glass rectangular bottles to play with.

Yes, around here those small plastic bottles are expensive and generally pretty generic low-end stuff. $6 for 3/4oz of low-grade liquor isn't a good option for me. Now if I could find a 200ml or 375ml in a reputable brand, I'd probably give one of those plastic bottles a "test drive".

On the flip side, most of the plastics I have been around really hung on to flavors so, I'd also have to dedicate each bottle to a single liquor type. Being a good "solvent", they penetrate a lot of plastics really well rendering them pretty useless in the long run.

Thinking this through some more, it may be worthwhile to just travel the ~2 hours each way to Dallas and hit the local liquor stores for small thinnish glass bottles and give it a go. Maybe I can score some 375ml glass rectangular bottles to play with.

https://www.gretnagreen.com/harris-...uifPxMgca4OqQtSJsoPTSXm7s6QcIEUcaAgNVEALw_wcB

The Stanley I saw at WalMart looked pretty sketchy for alcohol or really anything but water which wouldn't stain or leave a sticky residue on my gear.

The two Stanleys I have are both all stainless not sure how they would stain or leave any residue on anything? And the one with coating on the outside has been durable for me.

The two Stanleys I have are both all stainless not sure how they would stain or leave any residue on anything? And the one with coating on the outside has been durable for me.

Have you carried alcohol in either of them? Did the stainless taint the flavor? I've had issues with some stainless containers putting off flavors into various liquids with iced tea being the worst.

With most being made in China out of 'surgical stainless', I guess it could be a certain series of stainless steel that is the problem and not "ALL" stainless steel.

I have one on my bicycle for bachelor party rides. Never leaked a drop.

Not my photo.
_dsc_0442_1.jpg

:)

A bicycle bottle really would be best for that scenario IMHO, though a flask in a pocket or two would probably be along for the ride.

On the flip side, if I'm on a bicycle, I'm not at a bachelor party event and, drinking and 'riding' is not on my list of acceptable activities, just like driving! :thumbsup: Becoming an organ donor on a bicycle is not on my list of things to try.

Walking home (or to the hotel) or taking a cab/Uber/Lyft/etc is most likely. ;)

Have you carried alcohol in either of them? Did the stainless taint the flavor? I've had issues with some stainless containers putting off flavors into various liquids with iced tea being the worst.

With most being made in China out of 'surgical stainless', I guess it could be a certain series of stainless steel that is the problem and not "ALL" stainless steel.

All I've carried in one is whisky. The other has been used a couple of times for whisky and homemade wine ... I have never had any taste altered from anything in them. I always boil some water to pour in with dish soap when I first buy any stainless container. Yeti, Stanley, and Kleen Kanteen are the three brands I use most.

:)

A bicycle bottle really would be best for that scenario IMHO, though a flask in a pocket or two would probably be along for the ride.

On the flip side, if I'm on a bicycle, I'm not at a bachelor party event and, drinking and 'riding' is not on my list of acceptable activities, just like driving! :thumbsup: Becoming an organ donor on a bicycle is not on my list of things to try.

Walking home (or to the hotel) or taking a cab/Uber/Lyft/etc is most likely. ;)

Oh for sure. The flask is a symbol that's passed among friends during the ride itself for a sip and for connection with the group. It's not mean to be there to keep you drunk all ride. The current virus situation is for sure to put the brakes on that.

But then when I was in my late teens and early 20s we were cutting our hands and trading blood to bond with our new brothers. Not many people doing that since the 80s.

Oh for sure. The flask is a symbol that's passed among friends during the ride itself for a sip and for connection with the group. It's not mean to be there to keep you drunk all ride. The current virus situation is for sure to put the brakes on that.

But then when I was in my late teens and early 20s we were cutting our hands and trading blood to bond with our new brothers. Not many people doing that since the 80s.

Sharing drinking containers is not something I do, even among friends. I guess I paid too much attention in EMT school.

As for 'blooding in', no way. That's a really good way to get a disease you definitely DO NOT WANT.

Sharing drinking containers is not something I do, even among friends. I guess I paid too much attention in EMT school.

As for 'blooding in', no way. That's a really good way to get a disease you definitely DO NOT WANT.
Yeah well as noted the circumstances were different. When it was time to drink everyone would take a drink from the same canteen and pass it down the line . That was of course long before some of the current bugs weren't common.

B

BUrchbottle.com

The Titanium bottles and flasks solve a lot of the problems associated with taste transfer and breakability/leakability, but they can be stolen out of your luggage. I prefer to carry on empty Ti containers and fill them when I arrive.

I carry a Jacob Bromwell copper flask. The copper never changes the flavor of my bourbon. They're handmade in the USA by American craftsmen. Its really a work of art. A little pricey but you definitely get quality. Check them out.

Back