Whiskey flasks?

I bought mine on Amazon a couple years ago; but the recent pricing at the other place has been tough to ignore

You guys suck!!! :mad: Making me want to spend money! :thumbsdown:

;)

Where'd you see it at ~$55? I'm only seeing $75...

Sunny Sports had them on sale earlier in the week. Just checked my invoice price of $50.59 with the sale and free shipping. This website is pretty good when you catch their sales. I've occasionally gotten some smokin' good deals on Camelbak hydration gear, especially their vacuum sealed bottles. Patience pays off with them because normal prices are nothing special but, boy those sales ... :)

In my case, ~$25 off was enough to get me to 'impulse' buy, that and the talk about them here in this thread. ;)

I have several flasks. My favorite, is one I had made up custom. Glass may not be as durable, but it will keep your spirits in fine shape:

That's the type of glassware I'd like to find in a small shop somewhere along the road. The European beer bottles with wire handles was a thought I had but, the round shape doesn't really work for me. A more traditional flask shape would be sweet if I find one or two at a glassware shop somewhere.

I found some online but, COVID-related supply chain problems mean they are not in stock nor expected anytime soon.

Sunny Sports had them on sale earlier in the week. Just checked my invoice price of $50.59 with the sale and free shipping. This website is pretty good when you catch their sales. I've occasionally gotten some smokin' good deals on Camelbak hydration gear, especially their vacuum sealed bottles. Patience pays off with them because normal prices are nothing special but, boy those sales ... :)

In my case, ~$25 off was enough to get me to 'impulse' buy, that and the talk about them here in this thread. ;)
Thanks for the tip. I'll be watching for them or a Snow Peak on a good sale.

In the meantime, daddy has a couple Ragproper flasks on the way! :D Won't be able to open them until Christmas though, wife says they're my Christmas present. I'm ok with that... ;)

In the meantime, daddy has a couple Ragproper flasks on the way! :D Won't be able to open them until Christmas though, wife says they're my Christmas present. I'm ok with that... ;)
Please report back on them after Santa delivers them to you.

My friend loves his ragproper flask. He said it's tough and doesn't change the flavor at all. I'm definitely interested in one.

That's the type of glassware I'd like to find in a small shop somewhere along the road. The European beer bottles with wire handles was a thought I had but, the round shape doesn't really work for me. A more traditional flask shape would be sweet if I find one or two at a glassware shop somewhere.

I found some online but, COVID-related supply chain problems mean they are not in stock nor expected anytime soon.
We get this maple syrup and I pass over the old bottles to anyone making beer at home. But 500ml is pretty big for a flask.

They're flat so they pack really well if you want to take a beer on a ski.

20049221_lrg_1_@1x.jpg

Yep, not much smaller than the original bottle in most cases.

I see a small batch of Maple Syrup sample bottles with my next trip to Vermont and surrounding areas.

I also just bought a couple of the Ragproper, their 200+100ml deal. One for my dad and one for me. He drinks more at a sitting than I do and he does a lot of travelling (or did at any rate) so he's getting the big one. :D

My Ragproper flask set arrived, and while I don't get them until Christmas, I did have to "inspect" them to be sure there wasn't any shipping damage. ;) I'm pretty impressed with the build quality, they seem pretty robust. The larger 240ml (~8oz) is a bit thick, and heavier than I expected, but it's not one I'd likely be concerned about size/weight if I were using it. The smaller 100ml (~4oz) is much more carry-appropriate, perfect for a movie or play, sporting event, hunt/fish day trip, ski, etc. :thumbsup:

I look forward to using them.

My Ragproper flask set arrived, and while I don't get them until Christmas, I did have to "inspect" them to be sure there wasn't any shipping damage. ;) I'm pretty impressed with the build quality, they seem pretty robust. The larger 240ml (~8oz) is a bit thick, and heavier than I expected, but it's not one I'd likely be concerned about size/weight if I were using it. The smaller 100ml (~4oz) is much more carry-appropriate, perfect for a movie or play, sporting event, hunt/fish day trip, ski, etc. :thumbsup:

I look forward to using them.
I'm trying to decide between the two sizes. I'm leaning towards the smaller one. I like the look of the leather, but there is a huge price difference.

I'm trying to decide between the two sizes. I'm leaning towards the smaller one. I like the look of the leather, but there is a huge price difference.
Yeah, which is unfortunate. I really like the look of the leather, but when you can get both sizes in silicone for less than the small one in leather, well, just doesn't make sense to me. Plus, the leather is permanently attached, and they suggest not to get it too wet, which makes cleaning tricky.

Yeah, which is unfortunate. I really like the look of the leather, but when you can get both sizes in silicone for less than the small one in leather, well, just doesn't make sense to me. Plus, the leather is permanently attached, and they suggest not to get it too wet, which makes cleaning tricky.
Ah I did not know about it being permanently attached, you have made up my mind for me. You are a scholar and a gentleman, good sir.

Back