Who gives a hoot? I do. Let's see some White Owls

I don't have a 68 yet. . . and I stress yet. I'm wondering if they make or made one in snake wood without the bail.

I'm sure this info is available elsewhere, but I prefer talking to you guy's rather than looking up production totals on some spreadsheet.

Great looking knives all around from everyone!

CB-R, the 2011 production totals don't list any without the bail. I'm not aware of any short runs other than ivory where Northfields were produced without the bail but they're not in the 2011 totals.

Look what the postman delivered today:

WhiteOwl1.jpg

WhiteOwl2.jpg

Looking forward to putting this little bird to work. Say, what have you folks put on your bail, if anything?

Look what the postman delivered today:

WhiteOwl1.jpg

Say now, isn't that a (familiar) beauty? :) I'd forgotten how good it looks new. Nice pick-up!

Mine came from the seller with a very simple, minimalist lanyard, a 1/4" strip of soft leather that was "braided" by cutting equal slits in each half and then threaded into itself.

IMG_2139.jpg

The result is unobtrusive yet helpful-- it doesn't add bulk or get in my way, but gives me an extra bit of something to pull on when retrieving the knife from my pocket, etc.

Plus, I happen to like how it looks, except when taking pictures and I can't figure out how or where to drape the thing.

7311493458_0884b338d0_z.jpg

Congratulations on a beautiful knife! I do like your knife holder.

~ P.

Wait a minute...wait a minute
Mr. Postman...can't you see

I've been waitin for you to make a delivery to me
So many times...you just pass me by
I needed you to stop and make me feel better
And I ain't talkin about no letter

So wait a minute ...wait a minute
Mr. Postman
You know what I'm waitin to see
Can you take a look for me

Cause I'll never throw in the towel
Until I've got my White Owl
An Un-X-LD from GEC

It's a really comfortable carry, good size, excellent weight. I'd like to get a Spear bladed version too, no bails for me though!

Regards, Will

Congrats on your new White Owl F.G.! Great little knife, there are days when I am tempted to get another in Snakewood to join my autumn gold spear point.

I've been totin this white owl around with me for the past week and a half and I didn't even realize it. Without hesitation every morning I chose the white owl. It had plenty of competition from a brand new #76 yellow rose and a #12 powderhorn I had just received, but I still chose the white owl for some reason. I wasn't expecting to be so impressed with it, but it really works for me. It's small but has a surprising amount of grip, it packs 2 super useful blades on a single spring and the blade grinds are just astounding. The pen blade is perfection, 1/16" blade stock just slices anything with precision. I'm so impressed because I thought myself to be a dedicated 2 spring jack kind of guy, little did I know of the efficiency of a single spring design. I never even planned to buy one, but I happened upon it through a trade and now...I'm hooked.

2WqDr.jpg

qEO3I.jpg

Nice Vic! My ebony spear point is easily top 3 of my rotation. Since I'm an office type, it's about the perfect work knife for me. Anyone got the scoop on the circle "P" etch?

Nice looking horn on that one Vic. Autumn Bone is a classic on this pattern Phillip. It looks great!!

I think some of us shop at the same tailor... :)

IMG_20120426_105803.jpg

How do you make the braided lanyard? You and pertinux have convinced me that a Northfield White Owl in autumn bone is going to be my next GEC, and I really like the lanyards on your knives.

How do you make the braided lanyard? You and pertinux have convinced me that a Northfield White Owl in autumn bone is going to be my next GEC, and I really like the lanyards on your knives.

Have I mentioned recently that you have very good taste?

PM sent. :)

~ P.

I have been accused of many things, madam, but never that. Heh, heh...

Anyway, thanks for the info.

Back