Will Busse ever make a great all around camp knife?

I have not tried a SJTAC yet but its on my radar. I sold my TGULB after getting my Liberty Heart. The TGULB was wonderful but it just never felt right in my hand. The Liberty Heart is a perfect for me. This is my go to camp knife as well as my EDC (backpack mostly but IWB as needed).

Don't listen to that guy, he's just upset about me getting his tgulb from him for a killer deal.

Just joking but, if he is listing anything he's solid and fair dude.

As far as a camp knife, I think Busse offers a bunch, that can fit a different variety of uses.

When I discovered Busse knives, what I wanted existed, but I was priced out of it, I'm talking straight handle Badgers and SJ. Had to wait a long time for something to fit exactly what I wanted. I'm talking years until I bought boss jack proto, which I can't bring myself to actually use now.

TGLB is very hard to beat when it comes to weight size. I think if I had to pick a knife that is as tough as they come, and ruck 20+ miles without having a light axe or not much would rival TGULB.

The HR2 which I want to find a reason to hate and sell, is probably a perfect camp knife if it wasn't for the weight. It is heavy. But, the weight allows it to be a great chopper. Basically, if I'm 4 wheeling somewhere and didn't have to hump a pound+ knife for serious distance, HR2 is is beyond amazing. You can chop, baton, choke up It's perfect. Literally if not for the weight it would be absolutely perfect camp knife. Even the weight works for what ir can be used for.

Then there are basic series. Just amazing all around. I have b10 and b11. Res-c handles absorb impacts, the b10 is a big knife but is almost as light as TGULB, feels like a knife. It's magic, I have no clue how it's so light for It's size. And I think you can have it for around $500 to $550. B11 despite being just an inch longer is a chopper, knifes feel different, like a difference between an axe and a knife different.

The SoB, is amazing. Jerry once told me "It's going to be your favorite knife." And it is. I can go forever gushing about how and why. Honestly, even my mum tried to permanently borrow it twice for kitchen duty, and I moved out from my parents decades ago...

Now I'm sitting and impatiently waiting for TG Nano which should do what I want...

I think what ever you want, Busse will make a perfect knife for you...you might need to wait two weeks or so before it's going to be available from the shop...I mean we are closer then we ever were to a Busse Folder!

One of these days I'll do a full thread, just doing a little write up about my busse collection with why and what for each knife. I don't have as many as others, but I love the ones I have and had.

Back