Will Busse ever make a great all around camp knife?

I’d say my go to camp knife is a Hell Razor 2008 SE, it’s a perfect all around size. For something a little smaller, I think the Flak Jack, INFIDU, Swatmandu would all work great as a camp knife. The Sarquatch is also a legend as a camp knife, but I have never personally owned one. I recently bought a CS SFNO variant with a pommel delete that I could see as being a great cap knife as well.

For me the Camp Tramp is great but the Basic 8 is the winner for me in a true camp task knife. Either hiking in or car camping as it’s light and the edge geometry is a good slicer for the most part. Paired with a small fixed blade or folder

1706975917189.jpeg

For me the Camp Tramp is great but the Basic 8 is the winner for me in a true camp task knife. Either hiking in or car camping as it’s light and the edge geometry is a good slicer for the most part. Paired with a small fixed blade or folder

View attachment 2481497

I would agree that it is a contender along with the b9, b10 and b11.

View attachment 2481497

B8LE with a folder! All day, every day, until the end! That’s my high altitude combo 90+ percent of the time, because it works great!

Camp Tramp was a solid all around knife. I might have to get one (again) after having finally replaced my lost Gen 1 Howling Rat, which is another great camp side knife! And The SHBA, and Steel Heart. And Battle Mistress…….man, seems like Busse put out a ton of great camp knives……..

I don't have one but the Mountainmandu looks about right for the larger end of camp/chore knife duty. My RAD, MUK LE, and Alpha Regulator 9.5 all do camp chores with gusto.

Back