Will Busse ever make a great all around camp knife?

While it doesn't check all the boxes, a Bog Dog is the right size & tough enough to outlast all of us. A very capable woodcraft blade. It's D2 with a Mudder handle.
Specs: 0.14" thick; 4.75" blade; 9.56" oal; 4.65 oz
There's also an SR-101 version, but I recommend the D2 version.
(photo courtesy of joker354 here on BF)

Attachments

• 20200520-085540 (1).jpg
    20200520-085540 (1).jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 9
This Question bring us to the One and Only.....

NMSFNO, maybe an anorexic Version.

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

My very first Busse was a NMSFNO with tan Coyote G-10.

I miss that one. I also miss my:

Gladius
Old school SHBM
Swamp Rat folder
Sarge 7
FFBM
Rat Daddy

The list goes on and on.

I’ve had some nice stuff from the big 3
Busse
Swamp Rat
Scrapyard

I went out on disability after an injury and sold my collection to cover bills until my disability checks arrived.

Slowly built my collection up again and same thing …. Went out on disability and had to sell my knives to cover bills.

Now I have a very small collection I am adding to little by little.

But the 3rd time is the charm. I wonder how I will hurt myself this time LOL

My very first Busse was a NMSFNO with tan Coyote G-10.

I miss that one. I also miss my:

Gladius
Old school SHBM
Swamp Rat folder
Sarge 7
FFBM
Rat Daddy

The list goes on and on.

I’ve had some nice stuff from the big 3
Busse
Swamp Rat
Scrapyard

I went out on disability after an injury and sold my collection to cover bills until my disability checks arrived.

Slowly built my collection up again and same thing …. Went out on disability and had to sell my knives to cover bills.

Now I have a very small collection I am adding to little by little.

But the 3rd time is the charm. I wonder how I will hurt myself this time LOL

I know how you feel. I had some issues in the last 3 years as well. The one knife that I missed a lot was my Rat Daddy LE that I sold off over a decade ago. I was able to score one recently, so that felt good.

Truth is that most Busses up to 16 inch OAL with a choil make excellent all around camp knives. I think that quite likely the most efficient Busse of all time is the Basic 11. Light, chops like a madman, can do small work easily. The Basic 8, 9, 10 also

rlacan71 rlacan71 - ScoMa ScoMa had a RatTrap advertised recently
Christmas is here. And just before Christmas my wife’s engine blew. The 4K emergency cash I had on hand covered the engine. Now I’m making payments on labor. That’s just the tip of the iceberg but at least I’m in a place where I don’t have to sell any knives lol.
And the first Busse I’m gonna try and get when income tax refund hits is my old FFBM back. The guy I sold it to in here said whenever I wanted I could buy it back. Crap that was like 9 years ish ago. I’ll ask to buy it back but if he says no I wouldn’t be mad it’s been a long time.
Then I’ll just schlep around here until I score one……

I know how you feel. I had some issues in the last 3 years as well. The one knife that I missed a lot was my Rat Daddy LE that I sold off over a decade ago. I was able to score one recently, so that felt good.
Hope all is going well for you now.

Truth is that most Busses up to 16 inch OAL with a choil make excellent all around camp knives. I think that quite likely the most efficient Busse of all time is the Basic 11. Light, chops like a madman, can do small work easily. The Basic 8, 9, 10 also
This ^^^ Love the B11, especially the asym ground ones. They eat, & fast 👍👍

Back