Your 1st Randall?

Hey Samael... what's the 'S' hanging on the side of the maker's mark mean, by the way?
Not to step on Samael's toes but it means stainless steel.

Mine was a #14 standard O1 w/Black Micarta. Was on leave status and was taking the wife to the Bahama's and it was too convienant to swing through Orlando and check out the shop for the first time. I could hear the grinding of steel coming up Orange Blossom Rd, went into the shop and met Gary personally and was fortunate enough to pick up my #14 from him on the spot, they were just applying the last buffing job on the blade. The rest of the vacation rather sucked as it rained 2/3rds the time in the Bahama's but picking up the #14 from the shop made it all worthwhile.

Yep, stainless steel it is.

And you know, unless you have a very, very early knife there lawp, Bo probably didn't "personally" make it either.

Don't have a pic, had to snag one from the web.

R15_A.jpg

A Model 15 Airman, mine had the forward curve Nickel Silver guard. I had potential prospects of going aircrew at the time, that didn't happen.

Wife bought it for me at Nordic, we used to go up to Solvang quite a bit. Turns out I didn't really care for the finger grooves, seemed limiting.

It eventually got traded off.

Unlike the finger grooves, that looks very comfortable!

Don't have a pic, had to snag one from the web.

R15_A.jpg

A Model 15 Airman, mine had the forward curve Nickel Silver guard. I had potential prospects of going aircrew at the time, that didn't happen.

Wife bought it for me at Nordic, we used to go up to Solvang quite a bit. Turns out I didn't really care for the finger grooves, seemed limiting.

It eventually got traded off.

This was also my first Randall, my dad bought it for me as a gift for my 18th birthday. I still have/love it. Hoping to get a Model 14 Attack to go with it.

Ooks like mammoth tusk to me, but I could be wrong. FYI, RMK will no longer make a handle from a "tip."

its a model 3-5"hunter stainless blade the handle is fossil walrus the handle seems to be very comfy but I have to say this one is a safe queen the reason I bought it was because it had the "tip" all the others I have seen were chopped off and I didn't like the look

My first Randall was a Model 2 8in ss blade, Black Micarta handle, NS guard, Alum butt.

Here is my first, and only so far but I do have a 5-5 coming in a few years.

DSCN0007.jpg

Psyop, that is a beautiful chunk of 19!!!

100_1464.jpg

My first Randall is the 14 which my Dad gave me after jump school back in 1987.This picture was taken at Ethan Beckers workshop and the 14 had just chopped through the log it is stuck into and would still cleanly shave arm hair.

Willis, nice pic! Turns out I know and think quite highly of your dad; the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. :thumbup:

Back