Your favorite movie where a knife almost takes centerstage.

Spartan.. The end scene seems to be set up for a big protracted shootout and suddenly, in the blink of an eye, the folding knife kills the badguy. :D

Haha not at all ;)
Lets face it they are pretty similar knives based on the ole Fairbairn-Sykes fighting knife, with a broader point to avoid the risk of breakage. I just have a vivid memory of it cause I almost stood up in the movie when I saw it, its bloody awful when you get so excited by a hobby that freaks out so many people :(

I think the members of the House of Atreides wore the Sykes-Fairbairn daggers in the 1984 David Lynch movie Dune. heh heh heh.

Knife in the Water (Polish: Nóż w wodzie) made in 1962. A subtitled film directed by Roman Polański. The female lead takes my breath away while the banned-in-Boston wood scaled gravity knife is a character in its own right with a prominent role and many close-ups.

oregon

Hey... CorpsmanUP. Saw you name and had to say hello. I was an FMF Corpsman during Vietnam. That kinda gives me a soft spot for the Ka-Bar... Welcome Home

Thank you. I'm sure you've seen your share of action. someone recently told me when marines talk about a few good, men they are refering to their corpsman. my first knife as a kid was usmc ka-bar. the knife i just made looks like a ka-bar.

Not my favorite, but just saw Seraphim Falls. Not only used for killing, but for survival as well.

Benchmade automatic...forget what model (presidio?) from The Heist with Gene Hackman and the penguin, i mean Danny Devito!

I think the knife was actually an Emerson CQC7 with the BT finish.

Thomas Jane was shown using a lot of cutlery in The Punisher. I think that was the first movie of that type that actually showed a karambit (also Emerson) in use.

The Matador with Pierce Brosnan. That was one beautifull knife.

My favorite movie with a knife taking center stage has to be "The Edge" with Anthony Hopkins.

Two faced, I think it's called with Nick cage and John travolta. Where the girl stabs the guy in the thigh with that bali song

"Chronicals of Riddick" is a cheesey sci-fi movie (but I liked it anyway) in which the protagonist favors blades to other weapons.

The knife didn't really take center stage throughout the plot, but it was used in The Abyss by Michael Biehn to carve his arm up under the table.

Back