Your favorite movie where a knife almost takes centerstage.

The Golden Child with Eddie Merphy

I I I I I... want the knife:D

Ok, I may be the only one that gets that.:p

Nope, it's when he was scratchin on the column. Funny movie. And the things I would have done to the girl in that movie. Shweet.:)

Night of the Hunter (1955). Robert Mitchum is an evil preacher who befriends young widows, marries them and murders them with his switchblade. Throughout the movie, the knife is used by Mitchum's character as an obvious phallic symbol. Good old-school suspense movie.

I also love The Edge.

I don't know if the knife plays a major role in this movie, as it's only shown a couple of times, but I really like The Client, with "Barry the Blade" and his customized Spyderco Police.

Full Contact (1992). Chow Yun-Fat wields a bali-song. I don't know much about balis, but I thought the two fight scenes where he uses his bali are the coolest bali scenes I've seen in a movie, because his character doesn't just flip them around but actually used them. Though most of the fights are gunfights.

Rob Roy had both swords and daggers.

And obviously this is NOT a knife, but my favorite movie of all time is Excalibur (1981). IMO, the best screen adaptation of the King Arthur legend.

Jim

I used to love the MacGyver show too,probably why I still always have a SAK handy somewhere. Like MacGyver,it could be a different model everyday,including a lockblade if I felt like punching through a metal door as in one episode where the distinct handle shape was visible. In a blade magazine article,somebody asked Wayne Goddard what SAK M. used. His response was that it was MacGyver,he probably MacGyvered his own version of the SAK.
Cyborg was way cool too

The number one movie has to be Exposure with Peter Coyote. That's a move that not only has great knives (like the Randal 14 as I recall) but its ABOUT knives. The cult of the knife. The allure, danger, and power of knives. Knife training sequences that are pretty good, considering its a movie. Shame its not out on DVD.

The Hunted had some good knife stuff, but the thrown-knife-goes-through-a-tree scene had me laughing in disgust. It was as bad as the sunlight going right through the bullet hole in the bad guy in that Sharon Stone western the Quick and the Dead.

And of course Predator, and Kill Bill and all them other movies we've mentioned...

Dark City

dark03.jpg

In "Seraphim Falls", the Bowie was the actual star. :thumbup:

Back