Your ideal edc fixed blade.

what is your favorite edc fixed/pocket knife?
I like the Al mar pack rat, Wilkins Mini thorn tactical, and can’t wait my Busse MBC.
I was looking for a Vehement Knives EDC but it looks to be I possible to find or order...
Who can make good pocket sheath for knives?
What do you carry in your pockets or on your belts?

Favorite is tough, I like the Izula, BK11, bradford 3 ( don't own one ) I have some customs I like. Also looking for the next one.

In addition to any manner of Kershaw flippers or folding knife, I usually carry either my Kendrick Ackolyte or my Martin Kwaiken. I made the Kwaiken's IWB sheath.

IMG_2618.jpg

Speaking of Vehement I have a Bark River Knives MACV-SOG Bowie 3V but it is certainly flashy and I prefer something a tad smaller!

Something like
- KA-BAR / EK - Jarosz boot knife in S35VN
- Spyderco Jumpmaster 2 Fixed 4.5" in H1
- Winkler Knives/Jason Knight WK II Jaeger Fixed Blade Knife Black Micarta in 80CrV2

Out of all of my knives, my Winkler Knives have the finest leather sheaths. It is thick formed leather with a felt lining. Really nice.

I can't quite tell what you're asking here, is it our favorite EDC knife overall, our favorite EDC fixed blade knife, our favorite EDC pocket knife, or our favorite EDC fixed blade pocket knife, more specifically?

For fixed blade pocket knives I like the Morakniv Eldris a lot.

It's got a really thick sheath, which does detract a bit from it's pocketability, especially considering that my phone, keys and wallet already occupy that space in my left pocket and my EDC gun occupies that space in my right pocket. However, it's a solid and stumpy, hard working knife that I can rely on completely for almost anything I need a knife for. So, when wearing cargo shorts or jeans with extra large pockets, this is what I tend to carry, which is basically when not working.

I'm really falling back to where I started when I came here, caring more for budget, bang 4 buck knives than these overpriced super steel pieces. Honestly, I care way more for ease of sharpening than I do edge retention, and I think that the only intelligent stance to take.

As for an EDC fixed blade that isn't necessarily a pocket knife, I'd go for something a little larger, but doesn't exactly "stand out", because of comfort, when worn on the waist band. I usually wear my LW Seeker II. It's a cheap Chinese junker, just under $50, with a super thin spine (so not for heavy duty use like when camping), but as far as I can tell it's a solid piece in true VG-10 that is razor sharp and cuts like a dream and looks nice.

Now if it's my favorite EDC pocket knife you're asking about, not having to be a fixed blade, I love the Spyderco Manbug, either VG10 or ZDP-189, mine is in ZDP, but both are acceptable to me, as long as flat ground. It tucks away perfectly and easily into a fifth pocket, being absolutely unobtrusive and not at all bothersome or noticeable. I keep a short Paracord lanyard on it for quick access and it will perform any small, quick cutting need I might have with extreme ease. It's actually my go to, especially for work where wearing a knife with dress clothes just looks stupid.

The CRKT Folts Minimalists Wharncliffe. You can wear it as a neck knife, in your pocket, or on your belt. It doesn't have the best steel in the world, but you can get a custom one made by Alan Folts himself.

Your are right beyond the box, it wasn’t clear...
Just custom is to see what you carry and Use.
In my country a knife on the belt is illegal, and anyway everybody will look at me like an Alien. That’s why I carry in my pocket. I have a gorgeous Fikes Cabin Boy and Mc Williams 2 and because of the sheath I don’t take them everyday.
Somebody have an experience with vehement EDC knives?

Spyderco Mule Team in a good steel- kydex sheath in a horizontal carry

Prefer a small fixed blade on my belt. Too much junk vying for pocket space. Right now I am wearing the White River Backpacker Pro in its factory sheath vertical. May switch it to horizontal. But generally speaking I like small fixed blade to be in a cross draw position on my belt. I have a couple Dozier personals that work real well if I want to carry them.

For an EDC fixed blade, I think the Spyderco Street Beat is about as good as it gets. I have a nice custom sheath for mine (not leather).

Guardian 3 in 3v. Sometimes pocket in its leather sheath, sometimes pocket in a KSF Pocono with a slip joint, or horizontal belt in the leather or kydex sheath from Bradford.

As far as pocket sheaths go check out joufuu he's a forum member and makes good stuff!
For knives check out fiddleback forge they have a great assortment of smaller pocket sized models. I like to keep the overall length between 6 to 7.5 inches

I often carry a Bradford Guardian 3 or a Spyderco Street Beat on my belt with a SAK Farmer in my pocket, unless I am in a town or county that does not allow fixed blades.
full

If I want a pocket-able fixed blade, the A.G. Russell Woodswalker goes in my back pocket while the Guardian stays home:
full

Like B BeyondTheBox does, I also have a Mora Eldris. I have only carried it a few times, and it works. It is big for my front pocket with keys and a Bic lighter, so it lives in my truck's emergency kit at the moment.

Enjoy

If you are looking for something FIXED to throw in a pocket WITH A SHEATH (but you will need wide and deep pockets)

- KA-BAR / EK - Jarosz boot knife in S35VN
- Les George Galvos Daggers CTS-XHP with kydex sheaths
- Winkler Knives Everycarry

I don't own one, but my ideal edc fixed blade would be something like this:

db_knife-0244.jpg

Just a nice little three finger kiridashi for small cutting tasks. I don't like carrying things on my belt or neck, so it would have to be something small enough to drop into a pocket.

Note!!! I do not know the laws where you live and which laws you are willing to follow/ignore, but it is possible to carry a full size 5 inch to 10 inch long knife inside your waistband.

I do not do it myself, but in a SHTF scenario, we are pressed to do things we otherwise would not.

Search on YouTube for "Knife inside waistband carry" and you will find related videos.

Back