Your ideal edc fixed blade.

One of these two:
Lionsteel-M1-Bradford-Guadian-3.jpg

Lionsteel M1 or Bradford Guardian 3

In 2017 San Francisco's population was 884,363. It has undoubtedly increased since then. Then there's the rest of the Bay Area which surrounds "The City"! Walk down the street with a large fixed blade hanging form your belt and you will be treated like an animal that escaped from the local zoo. These are city folks who "might" use a butter knife to spread some jam on their morning toast. To see a knife on the street is so foreign to their civilized minds that they panic and call the cops. That's another topic for a another day!!!!!!

Civilized people use tools.

Scratching at boxes and ripping things apart with claws like a little animal, isn't civilized.:eek:

This is probably my favorite size for an EDC fixed blade.
With the right sheath, it can ride in a pocket comfortably.
ghMWREp.jpg

Civilized people use tools.

Scratching at boxes and ripping things apart with claws like a little animal, isn't civilized.:eek:

This is probably my favorite size for an EDC fixed blade.
With the right sheath, it can ride in a pocket comfortably.
ghMWREp.jpg
Civilized: characterized by taste, refinement or restraint.

un·civ·i·lized
/ˌənˈsivəˌlīzd/
adjective
  1. (of a place or people) not considered to be socially, culturally, or morally advanced.
    synonyms:uncouth, coarse, rough, boorish, vulgar, philistine, uneducated, uncultured, uncultivated, benighted, unsophisticated, unpolished;
    ill-bred, ill-mannered, thuggish, loutish, redneck;
    barbarian, primitive, savage, brutish;
    archaicrude
    "we had been taught that working-class people were inferior and uncivilize

I carry this fixed blade more often than any other one that I own. It carries excellent and has a five inch blade which for me is kinda the sweet spot. The rounded pommel doesn’t dig into my side as bad as some others that get less carry time.8D604C97-ADE4-453E-8A53-7BFC41116695.jpeg

Civilized: characterized by taste, refinement or restraint.

un·civ·i·lized
/ˌənˈsivəˌlīzd/
adjective

• (of a place or people) not considered to be socially, culturally, or morally advanced.
      synonyms:uncouth, coarse, rough, boorish, vulgar, philistine, uneducated, uncultured, uncultivated, benighted, unsophisticated, unpolished;
      ill-bred, ill-mannered, thuggish, loutish, redneck;
      barbarian, primitive, savage, brutish;
      archaicrude
      "we had been taught that working-class people were inferior and uncivilize

Lol... Right on.
:thumbsup:
Thats what I said.
;)
That definition describes someone who forgoes proper tools and scratches/claws at boxes, or rips their food apart with fingers and teeth like a wild animal.
Tools separate man from beast.
:cool:

I thought I knew , but whatever I may have said before in any threads I was wrong .

I had no clue what my ideal EDC fixed blade was till I got it.
It turns out this is my ideal EDC fixed blade.

This early Rogers bone Queen #85 is like everything I generally like in a good slipjoint.
It's easy to carry and forget about, it's blade is real thin and slicy, and it takes a razor edge like nobody's business.
The handle is a bit small but it doesn't bother me, I'm not doing any heavy duty cutting with it or anything.

The Lionsteel M1 certainly looks appealing to me. I carry the Backpacker Pro sometimes. But I honestly seldom need a fixed blade other than my regular carry folder(s). The fixed blades are mostly unused or little used.

That Queen should work Hickory. EDC fixed blades are generally not a priority for me in general.

The Lionsteel M1 certainly looks appealing to me. I carry the Backpacker Pro sometimes. But I honestly seldom need a fixed blade other than my regular carry folder(s). The fixed blades are mostly unused or little used.

That Queen should work Hickory. EDC fixed blades are generally not a priority for me in general.

like most here I frequently change my carry ,
So while I have fixed blades in my rotation there are certainly more folders and there have been months where I did not end up carrying one.

Back