Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

I finally took the plunge and grabbed a Nifebrite acrylic Calf Pen. Very high build quality, firm pulls . . . NICE!

jqqvfnN.jpg

I finally took the plunge and grabbed a Nifebrite acrylic Calf Pen. Very high build quality, firm pulls . . . NICE!

jqqvfnN.jpg
I've often looked at them, but always figured a two blade F&F would be too thick.
Could you do a comparison shot for me with another two blade GEC? I'd appreciate it. :)

John, I put it up against my other #35, a stag Churchill, and they both measure 0.56" at the center pin. The Calf Pen is slightly longer because of the driver extension between the two blades, and the bolsters taper a little more on the Churchill. The driver extension and the "one-arm" hook on the secondary blade make the Calf Pen a little less pocket friendly, but I'm using it as a desk knife, right next to me as I type this.

ciO0hlj.jpg

John, I put it up against my other #35, a stag Churchill, and they both measure 0.56" at the center pin. The Calf Pen is slightly longer because of the driver extension between the two blades, and the bolsters taper a little more on the Churchill. The driver extension and the "one-arm" hook on the secondary blade make the Calf Pen a little less pocket friendly, but I'm using it as a desk knife, right next to me as I type this.

ciO0hlj.jpg
Thank you very much, Jeff.
It looks pretty thick. It's an odd duck design but it really looks versatile and useful.

Both arrived this week, Russlock for front pocket, one handed opening for general heavier use; the mini trapper w/ cap lifter for back pocket, cutting food and opening bottles of beer. My first foray into carrying two pocket knives.

upload_2020-2-12_6-25-38-jpeg.1282455
Beautiful set.
I have the mini trapper with caplifter in amber jigged as well. It's a super piece :thumbsup:

jqqvfnN.jpg
As much as I love my orange one, which has become indispensable to me, a Nifebrite would be pretty awesome as well. Sometimes I'm underneath houses using a knife and I have lost a leatherman rebar under one. A glowing knife would be good idea. As to the "hook" extension on the blade grinding off about an 1/16 to 1/8 inch works wonders for in hand comfort. I just wish the onearm blade didn't have a half stop actually. Would make using it in that manner smoother imho. I do use that feature, especially if I'm on a ladder and need it. Here's a pic of how I ground mine back and rounded itva bit
rToDJHS.jpg

Still works as intended ;):thumbsup:

Beautiful lineup. :thumbsup:
I like the Tribal Lock, a model I have.
What's the third one in from the left? Is that another 86 SFO from Lone Star?
It is, easily my favorite knife in a long while too, such a great size and feel to this one and the damascus Makes for a great user so its been in my pocket over everything else lately.

It is, easily my favorite knife in a long while too, such a great size and feel to this one and the damascus Makes for a great user so its been in my pocket over everything else lately.
Very nice :thumbsup:
A special piece for sure.
Wish I'd known.

Back