Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

I like the barlow you got there Thieves. I have two of them and the steel holds a great edge. :thumbup:

Loving the sheepie!
DSC_3809_zpsc1200ae1.jpg

Acquired a couple of older fixed blades this week; the Buck 120 General I bought off a fellow BF member in the classifieds, the Schrade DU was found yesterday in a pawnshop. OH

Buck_120_with_sheath.JPG

IMG_39482.JPG

How are you liking the #82 so far? That micarta is looking plenty nice!
The micarta came out a little dark in the pics. I think with a little use, some it'll lighten up a bit and be a little redder and look better. I haven't put it in my pocket and used it yet. I did take some comparison pics and posted some thoughts here:http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/975391-Great-Eastern-Cutlery-(-GEC-)-group-shots-photo-requests?p=13686627#post13686627 and in post #498 further in. But in short, I think that if you like stockman knives and aren't in need of a high riding sheepsfoot blade then you'll love this one.

I guess it was a week for new #25s. Got this one with HME Granite covers.

granite1blade_zps2379afe4.jpg~original

granite2blades_zpsabad8d16.jpg~original

Last edited:
The Clip Micarta Hawthorn arrived a few days ago. The rest arrived today.

The Clip Micarta Hawthorn arrived a few days ago. The rest arrived today.

Nothing like buying one of every version of your favorite pattern. Color me green with envy. I need to order mine before they are all gone.

Nothing like buying one of every version of your favorite pattern. Color me green with envy. I need to order mine before they are all gone.

If you're looking for one of the blue ones then I wouldn't wait if I were you... you can see both sides so take your pick while you can. Unfortunately, I won't be getting them all... but I'm happy with the ones I did get.

If you're looking for one of the blue ones then I wouldn't wait if I were you... you can see both sides so take your pick while you can. Unfortunately, I won't be getting them all... but I'm happy with the ones I did get.

I agree, I didn't plan to wait. The mammoth ivory ones are beautiful, but I can't pay that much for them. I really like the blue bone.

Couldn't wait any longer.... blue bone wharncliffe inbound.

What number did you get in the blue bone wharnie?

Just received a well used Schrade 294 and mint Schrade 825.

Charlie's barlows and harness jacks dominate talk around here but the trapper jack is probably my favorite of his GEC SFOs. I have been lusting after a legit 294 after seeing a mint one posted here some years back.

Years of surfing the bay finally provided me with something I could work with. I didnt want a mint one as I wouldnt want to use it. Its a little rough around the edges but it is begging me for some jigged bone scales and TLC. I hope to enlist the services of one of our craftsman around here to make it happen.

So hopefully in a few months I will have something to rival my GEC trapper jack. Looking at them side by side you can definitely see that the 294 was Charlie's muse when he came up with that one.

It has pretty full blades and the pen looks almost unused. Good snap and nice patina.

Wow, congrats Justin! Great score on both Schrades, and I'll be willing to wager that trapper jack will get plenty sharp. You might try contacting Glennbad here on the forums for customizing. Although I've never had anything done by him, I've seen multiple examples of his work here on the forum and it's pretty darned sweet.

Edited to add: Here's a link to a picture from Charlie you might like: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/981923-Shapleigh-Diamond-Edge-oldie?p=11176391#post11176391

Last edited:
Back