Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Great looking 294 Justin!! I think that was the one I was watching as well... I do like that serpentine jack pattern!!

Yesterday, 2 LVS Abalone GEC #48 Improved Trappers landed at my door. I'm really liking the abalone on these.

Just got this one out of the mailbox. The color on the scales is great, some of the best I have gotten from Case.

Just got this one out of the mailbox. The color on the scales is great, some of the best I have gotten from Case.

If that's a Chestnut Bone Peanut, that's one of the best examples of a modern Case Peanut I've seen. They tend to be very inconsistent but it looks like you got a winner. How's the centering on the blades?

Great looking 294 Justin!! I think that was the one I was watching as well... I do like that serpentine jack pattern!!

Yesterday, 2 LVS Abalone GEC #48 Improved Trappers landed at my door. I'm really liking the abalone on these.

Very nice improved trappers, love the abalone.

The 294 is pretty sweet, hoping to bring it back to its former glory.

If that's a Chestnut Bone Peanut, that's one of the best examples of a modern Case Peanut I've seen. They tend to be very inconsistent but it looks like you got a winner. How's the centering on the blades?
It is Chestnut Bone and it's the consistency that is most impressive about the color. Even near the bolsters it's nice and dark. The centering is pretty good, the main blade is slightly off but not bad and the pen blade is perfect.

Got these two in today.

59vbes.jpg

Such a busy day prevented me from getting to snap some shots of this beauty in the good afternoon light. As it stands though, it is still stunning!

IMG_20140707_204955_579.jpg

Got these two in today.

59vbes.jpg

Well - KBA - I see you found the Charlow that I dream of finding - I just hope this was not the last stone that you uncovered sir. I salute you on the awesome find! :eek::D

Great looking #48s guys!! Really my favorite pattern :)

The African Blackwood above is my first 48. I think I may have to agree with you on this. It is an awesome pattern. I think I may have to find one in Bocote like Mannlicher's. That thing is gorgeous!

PRIMBLE - Thank you sir. I am sure there are few more stones. Thanks again for teaching me how to get a larger pic on here. It would not be the same always using thumbnail pics.

CSISLAND - The bay did produce the 15. Wasn't really looking for it, it just popped up. I paid to much, but how often do they turn up. Had to grab it.

The African Blackwood above is my first 48. I think I may have to agree with you on this. It is an awesome pattern. I think I may have to find one in Bocote like Mannlicher's. That thing is gorgeous!

PRIMBLE - Thank you sir. I am sure there are few more stones. Thanks again for teaching me how to get a larger pic on here. It would not be the same always using thumbnail pics.

CSISLAND - The bay did produce the 15. Wasn't really looking for it, it just popped up. I paid to much, but how often do they turn up. Had to grab it.

You are welcome and sometimes one just needs to give a little more to get those "special" knives. ;)

Case CV Slimline Trapper bought today. F&F on the spine could be better, but the blade is centered, and it was only $25, so I'm pretty well satisfied.

Back