Your opinions why the ZT 0909 only lasted one year?

Function over form only works for some.
Pretty knives like the Benchmade Ti 761 have some guys taking "glamour" shots of them and posing them like their girlfriends!! A bit strange perhaps. The 761 is a good knife but not the one to take out to work hard with. I have both, as well as many others, and the 0909 is the "serious tool" of the bunch.
Function over form.
After seeing some of the liners of recent posts, this knife could have been offered in dressed up editions that might have helped sales. Spyderco's sprint runs of the Milly and the Para2 are good examples of marketing. The 0909 isn't. It is a Very good knife to use when you want a good cutting tool to use hard! But it ain't pretty!

Just my opinion of course.

I just didn't care for it as a flipper on bearings. If it had been a thumb stud opener on washers I would have liked it a lot more. That's why I sold it but still own these.

i.ashx

i.ashx

Function over form only works for some.
Pretty knives like the Benchmade Ti 761 have some guys taking "glamour" shots of them and posing them like their girlfriends!! A bit strange perhaps. The 761 is a good knife but not the one to take out to work hard with. I have both, as well as many others, and the 0909 is the "serious tool" of the bunch.
Function over form.
Just my opinion of course.

I agree with your opinion. Probably because I rely on larger knives as work knives. If I have a knife that can't cut it on the job site, it gets traded, gifted, sold, or tossed in a box. I like my hunting knives to be pretty, and certainly my traditionals. I have some really nice traditionals with stag scales and other nice appointments. But they aren't job site material. I won't cut thin copper cable or whittle on a 2X4 with them, but wouldn't think twice about using the 0909 or its cousins for that.

Robert

Back