1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Your recent opinion on Nick Shabazz ?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Chapp, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Hackenslash

Hackenslash Don't feed the Trolls Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I enjoy the box openings with a Bic stick pen.

sabre cat likes this.
  2. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014
    LOL.

Yep. Then they steal your pen because theirs doesn’t write worth a darn.

3. dirc

dirc

Jan 31, 2018
    fwiw, 'knife user' skills to me would be people who use a knife for work, like a chef/butcher or a woodcarver

when these types of professionals talk about knife ergonomics, they have veritas (imho)

4. JD Bear

JD Bear Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 4, 2015
    Well, dang it....since I only sell truck parts, I'm obviously not qualified to talk about knives anymore. Where's my spoon???

bigsurbob and Rykjeklut like this.
  5. dirc

dirc

Jan 31, 2018
    that's just silly - of course you can talk about knives

I'm saying which knife users carry more weight (for me, personally) when they talk about ergos

6. evilgreg

evilgreg Why so serious? Gold Member

Dec 25, 2012
    FTFY. I would record a video demonstration but PETIA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Imaginary Animals) would come after me.

7. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    So not average people who use knives for average edc tasks talking about average edc knives? Nick doesn't really do kitchen or wood working knife reviews. His reviews are mostly edc type knives used for average edc tasks. His reviews are the topic of this thread.

Tseg, Frailer, evilgreg and 1 other person like this.
  8. Frailer

Frailer Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Gotcha.

But those guys/gals use specialized tools for their jobs. Tools that don’t generally fit in pockets.

What constitutes a “user” of pocket knives? I need me some pocket knife truth.

kefefs, Pomsbz, austonh and 2 others like this.
  9. Hackenslash

Hackenslash Don't feed the Trolls Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2014
    This is a knife user...
    44B69C5B-3294-4D7C-BB0B-D3F89B91E77D.jpeg

bigsurbob, UmnumMAN and Rykjeklut like this.
  10. Wowbagger

Wowbagger

Sep 20, 2015
    YOU DON'T CARRY A SPOON ? ? ?o_O :( :rolleyes: :(:rolleyes: o_O
    I never leave home without my entrenching implement (titanium of course).
    IMG_4198.jpg

bigsurbob and Rykjeklut like this.
  11. Wowbagger

Wowbagger

Sep 20, 2015
    My old boss:(:confused:
    A work shop FULL of box knives . . . she pulls her EDC = folded open scissors to cut open boxes and remove packing slips etc.

I did see something funnier knife wise once though : A machinist (no less) cutting up cardboard boxes with a serrated knife. Sawing away for what seemed like for ever, curls and shavings of the box all over the floor. It was at that moment that I figured that if I ever became a knife guy I wouldn't be into serrated knives for general EDC use. Sure they are good for somethings but . . .

At that point I was into box knives for cutting up boxes. Before the engine machine shop job I worked at a place where we had box knives and a hanging strop so everyone could keep their box knife sharp.

Then I became a knife guy and tried all manner of various folder and fixed blade . . . modifying them thinner or reprofiling them.

Until
    I came full circle and now use a box knife to cut up boxes ;) :cool:

bigsurbob and Frailer like this.
  12. Tseg

Tseg

Aug 25, 2018
    Box knife to cut up boxes? That’s crazy talk.

MtnHawk1 likes this.
  13. ScooterG

ScooterG You mean Ireland? Yeah, it’s mine. Platinum Member

Mar 15, 2016
  14. rxavage

rxavage

Aug 16, 2014
    This thread has shown me that nick is a decent guy, as well as an asset to our community.

I still imagine this dude when I hear him though
    [​IMG]

15. Cody Breshears

Cody Breshears

Apr 19, 2020

Scott J., evilgreg and sabre cat like this.
  16. stabman

stabman Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 17, 2007

17. mrd74

mrd74

Dec 1, 2001
    I find him very entertaining.

18. JamesofArc

JamesofArc

Apr 19, 2016
    Who is this Nick person?

19. CyberRacer

CyberRacer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 28, 2018
    I find the most pure entertainment value in watching him unbox a whole group of really craptasticly horrible knives. Always good for a load of LOL.

I always wonder if he just puts the whole pile in the dumpster when he's done.

20. JamesofArc

JamesofArc

Apr 19, 2016
    So I look him up to see what he is about. Is he also that Tac guy who wears the mask?

Dident see any Ontario SP10 Marine Raider reviews or any BlackJack 125 reviews so have no reason to watch him. Way too many other things to watch.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020