Your recent opinion on Nick Shabazz ?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Chapp, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 14, 2015
    I like his reviews, he is a big part of the knife scene, wether you like him or not, his podcast with everyday commentary is entertaining and informative, just ordered two Skiff knives after first hearing from them and then doing my research

2. Ron Sabbagh

Ron Sabbagh Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 15, 1999
    I think he tries to be as fair & respectful as possible. I appreciate his take as “a scientist” and I do find him humorous at times. Overall I enjoy his videos but they do not necessarily influence my knife purchases.

P.S. his voice is the majority of his success

3. amunderdog

amunderdog

Feb 19, 2013
    Seems to have changed slightly since marriage.

bigsurbob likes this.
  4. bigsurbob

bigsurbob Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2016
    I really like Nick and his reviews.

In the other thread about Nick, @Icky Thump wisely pointed out, "If you find yourself getting high emotions from a Youtuber... You should probably get more exercise."

Also profound,

Pomsbz likes this.
  5. jacinda

jacinda

Mar 3, 2020
    I like watching his reviews and disassembly videos[​IMG]

6. Hackenslash

Hackenslash Don't feed the Trolls Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I've been generally watching Nick less lately. I can take a look at a knife on his table and know exactly what he's going to say; I'm rarely surprised. I also feel like his reviews are more influenced by his personal preferences/biases, most of which work well for me but may not serve well for many knife users. I greatly enjoy his nerd cred with periodic references to DnD, Star Trek and Star Wars. I appreciate his honesty and integrity. I think Nick's channel needs a shot in the arm, but I'm not sure what that should be. As the owner of one modest wristwatch and a couple nice pens, I need to be careful that Nick doesn't become a gateway drug to more dysfunction! :p

Lately, I've been watching Slicey Dicey with my knife video time. I find his reviews to be informative, entertaining and amusing. I like his "battle to the death" format between two or more knives. I appreciate how he shows actual carry in a cut up pair of Wranglers.

There are a lot of good knife reviewers out there, and many clowns too. I still appreciate a well written review like Tony at Everyday Commentary. Besides, I can't be watching some clown/lunatic rave about apocalypse knives on the YouTube while I'm supposed to be working.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    DaveDM likes this.
  7. BenjaminRush

BenjaminRush Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2015
    I generally like his videos. Some of the things he reviews are out of my reach, but I appreciate that he also posts disassembly videos, even for the higher end stuff on his channel. I think that he conducts himself with integrity and is very transparent about his opinions, supporters, and processes. I find that we have similar opinions about many things, so generally I like the knives that he does. Definitely someone with whom I would enjoy sitting down and talking knives.