YOWZA!!!! . . . . "Operation 2 Weeks" . . . Battle Grade Active Duty!!!!!

I don't know. I'd be real happy if Jerry just keeps making Battle Grade SR101 knives in traditional BC shapes. I mean, anybody up for Satin Jack or a Badger Attack or a Natural Outlaw in Battle Grade? They'd certainly have my attention.

Here's a pic of the Active Duty and the Max Duty (Elmax profile), just to give an idea on the differences. Blade profile is different, but the handle is slightly different as well. I like them both.

I really like the pointy tip on the Active Duty. Blade profile on the Active Duty with the handle of the Max Duty would be sweet.

The battle grade offered now in SR101 looks like it will be thicker than the Max Duty's slicy .09" (I believe that's what it is)

10587700-24C0-41A8-BE04-06A3A9BC3A2D_zpsyday4n5a.jpg

Here's a pic with the Rodent Solution as well, just cuz it's awesome, very similar dimensionally, and in SR101.

797458B6-E510-4503-9BFA-DED69D22D8F9_zpscppmvzjp.jpg

Is the AD as handle heavy as the RS? The weight seemed a bit "off" to me in the RS...

I understand the thought behind the small choil for sharpening, and the thought behind a larger choil to choke up, but don't understand the elf choil.

Could anyone chime in who knows the intended application?

I'm confused I thought the small choil was the elf choil

Is the AD as handle heavy as the RS? The weight seemed a bit "off" to me in the RS...

The three pictured above all have a balance point between the 2nd and 3rd hole. Slightly different locations probably because of different steel thickness and micarta vs G10 weights.

I'm confused I thought the small choil was the elf choil

I had thought there is a small choil (on the Rodent Solution above), and an elf choil (on both ADs), and then a larger one that we're all familiar with and some love some hate.

I could have it all wrong though. Wouldn't surprise me.

The choil pictured in the first post should be perfect for a HACKtive Duty mod! ;) I passed on the ASH, but this is much more tempting!

Just might try this out as my EDC at work knife in place of the Rodent Solution. Would like to loose the choil though, always catches when cutting rope or mule tape.

I'm thinking it should come in around $137...Jerry could always sell for less if he wants though...

The choil pictured in the first post should be perfect for a HACKtive Duty mod! ;) I passed on the ASH, but this is much more tempting!

That's a great idea. Looking at the pic again, it almost looks like it was intended to be modified.

I have no interest in non-INFI Busses, and I will only buy satin or DCBB INFI going forward except for AK and TTKZ.

I find it weird that Busse is using SR101, SR has used SR77, and SY is rumored to be moving to 5160.

Maybe INFI is in limited (or finite) supply. 😜

Last edited:
I have no interest in non-INFI Busses, and I will only buy satin or DCBB INFI going forward except for AK and TTKZ.

I find it weird that Busse is using SR101, SR has used SR77, and SY is rumored to be moving to 5260.

I'm with you Billy 100%.

I will never by a v6 mustang for the same reason BG knives won't make me open my wallet.

I buy Busse because they are the best. I rock infi because it's the best. Second best will always be just that, second. Thanks for trying to save money, but the time spent maintaining the blade because of its lack of corrosion resistance ultimately over time will cost you money through scrubbing (time), products (money), oils (both) all in maintaining something you cheaped on. Save another week and get something worth gloating over. "See my knife will do anything" and actually believe it and mean it. INFI All THE WAY

I find it weird that Busse is using SR101, SR has used SR77, and SY is rumored to be moving to 5260.

Maybe. Or maybe Jerry is just being Jerry and making whatever he darn well pleases out of whatever he darn well pleases whenever he darn well pleases. That is his prerogative, after all. And of course, nobody says you have to buy it. ;)

Last edited:
Back