ZT 2018 LINEUP

the origional natrix was such a disapointment...

handle is too small, blade was warped, grind was bad...
Construction was bunk felt like a gas station knife and the stop pin would fly out.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 0804CF came back in some form this year without the DLC treatment. When the 0801 was discontinued the 0801Ti showed up quickly after right?

I wouldn't be surprised if the 0804CF came back in some form this year without the DLC treatment. When the 0801 was discontinued the 0801Ti showed up quickly after right?

I would buy a milled/contoured 804Ti :thumbsup:

The dlc is what ruined that one for sure.

Not a ZT - but released in mid-Dec 2017 was the Kershaw Deadline (love the sense of humor - the folks in Tualatin are having fun with it for sure) -

It has the tuned detent technology that was showcased in the ZT0427 protos, it's a KVT flipper with no assist and has a modified wharncliffe style blade.

For $35 it really is a nice knife - a little smaller than I usually go for, but just because I have XL meathooks. I like the styling too.

I will take some pictures and post a review elsewhere on the forum.

best

mqqn

Not impressed this year either. I preferred the original 0392 to the 0393. The 0609 is interesting, but not quite my kind of knife.
So disappointed in the 2018 offerings I bought a 2017 one, a 0801ti.....have to blow off steam somehow.

Thanks for the video.

It's looking like to me that the Hinderer hardware will not be able to fit the ZT 0393. At least not the pivot .

Thanks for the video.

It's looking like to me that the Hinderer hardware will not be able to fit the ZT 0393. At least not the pivot .

Per Jim of KAI, you can use some hardware from Rick Hinderer: pivot screws, filler tabs and pocket clips.

Check out the video below at the 6:00 time mark.

The dlc is what ruined that one for sure.

Agreed. I'd like to see the 804CF back without the blackout treatment. No need to upgrade the blade steel or do anything fancy to the lockbar side, just give us a nice sterile show side on the blade like the 462, keep the branding off the clip and maybe bead blast the Ti scale is all. Cleaner is better.

Agreed. I'd like to see the 804CF back without the blackout treatment. No need to upgrade the blade steel or do anything fancy to the lockbar side, just give us a nice sterile show side on the blade like the 462, keep the branding off the clip and maybe bead blast the Ti scale is all. Cleaner is better.

And how much it should be retailed at? Not $280 because it will not sell. $240 would be reasonable but still I suspect it will not sell well. $220 might not be much incentive to KAI.

Have we ever seen any ZT that was re-introduced with a lower price?

And how much it should be retailed at? Not $280 because it will not sell. $240 would be reasonable but still I suspect it will not sell well. $220 might not be much incentive to KAI.

Have we ever seen any ZT that was re-introduced with a lower price?

And remove the clip milling in the carbon fiber. I attempted a budget fill/conceal. But it still stands out. In some light worse than others.

I've never seen anyone show off their CF with a clip in front. Regardless of dominant hand. Personally I've never had a problem carrying in left pocket with RH configuration, with a manual opener. Now spring assisted knives without a positive lock, that's a different story.

33p7zpl.jpg

2d288ew.jpg

300$ MAP/MSRP, 250 in stores. Two milled sides of Ti maybe with a light stonewash, machine satin blade, a good regular pocket clip and maybe same pivot as the 0920 had. I think they could do it and it would sell (probably even better than the 0920)

bflying bflying : I actually attempted something similar, made a small plate out of aluminium, but I haven't found a proper screw and I felt silly to mail KAI about asking for a single clip screw for the knife :D

...For those dismissing these knives as "weak pocket jewelry"; I have a feeling these blades could outperform your "Proudly Overbuilt" liner locks with torsion bars. I don't mind the colors; there are plenty of black/gray knives in the world to choose from.

I feel the same way. I have nothing against blacks, and greys, and the silver of bare metal, but I don't mind the appropriate application of carefully selected colour(s) generally speaking.

Depending on how sales go I would imagine they also show an 0393 Prototype with a different blade, either as a production version or sprint run, Slicer or Wharnie probably. And I agree with you on the Les George and Sinkevich, I think however we see a new Emerson Collab before a Mini 0562.

ZT 0452 has been a great success for ZT ever since it was introduced at the 2015 SHOT Show three years ago. Good value at $220 MAP/street price (then and now) with S35VN and linerless CF on the presentation side.

This year some of the major knife makers increased their street pricing (lowering MAP discount off MSRP or increasing/higher MSRP) but ZT continues to not just hold the line but give you more.

Now, we have the ZT 0462 which gives you more for your money at a MAP/street price of $240. You get the superior 20CV instead of S35VN, a nicer CF and the internal milling to reduce the weight. ZT 0462 weighs just 3.7 ounces compared to 4.4 ounces for ZT 0452. All that for just $20 more!

I would be soooo happy if they brought back the 0804. Such a great feeling knife but I cant bring myself to use mine. Even though I got it for less than half price, knowing that it would cost $250 to replace it scares me.

Aside from this, Im looking forward to the new 0609. Im not sure I will buy one, but the design looks great and does not seem too over built. Later in the year I REALLY REALLY want to see some more sub $180 and preferably $150 knives. Not assisted opening, no ball bearings, maybe make some that arent flippers. Just a good quality working knife with g10 and washers, something like the 0200 without the recurve. There is such a big gap the kershaw line and zt line right now that I feel like was not allways there. especially since kershaw seems to be focusing on producing all the cheesy chinese made models.

Back