<<BECKERHEAD BEACHBODIES>> ;) *MYB* G~A~W !! {not just for fitness pros....}

Knuckle is slowly getting better (at least that's what I'm telling myself) - but it hates mowing the lawn more than I do, which is a significant feat.
Averaging 8-10k steps/day, planks & pushups...have been able to throw some weights into the mix; but my hand still gives out before whichever muscle group. No sense even messing with the sticks, and working strikes would just be stupid.
Second scuba class was tonight, so I was in the water for 3 hrs.

Wasnt so bad this morning. 2.5 run and some stretching.

Glad the hand is slowly getting better HH! I've always wanted to try scuba, a few of my buddies do it regularly.

Safe travels vik!

Rest day! Most physical thing I did today was wash the SUV, put up some cabinets in the garage, and move the snow blower to the shed! May take it easy tomorrow too, will see how we feel when I get up!!

Did a few hours of yard work yesterday, and then managed 6 miles on a bike.

Wasnt so bad this morning. 2.5 run and some stretching.

Glad the hand is slowly getting better HH! I've always wanted to try scuba, a few of my buddies do it regularly.

Safe travels vik!

thanks - trip was great.
we did a short hike through the woods and along a spring-fed rock stream, then threw hawks & knives for an hour or so before supper.

Today I moved just over a yard of dirt and soil, made a step and two planter boxes, then planted some veggies. Was on my feet all day. Even had a neighbor comments that he saw me walking his dog at 7am and 7pm lol ( I started at 645 and was finishing up around 745). Then the wife and I spent the evening going through an entire roll of duct tape on our ducts. Maybe get the air flow a little better to the bedrooms. Im tired, sunburned, and my joints hurt lol. Gonna sleep good tonight!

Yesterday was yard work. Mostly lawn mowing and general cleanup.

Today, in addition to push ups and crunches, I rode just over 18 miles.
6 miles on a gentle uphill to get to the trails, about 6.5 miles up and down singletrack and fire roads with a 1000ft elevation differential. Then back home on what must be a gentle down slope, but didn't really feel like it...
Beautiful day for a ride. Unseasonably cool, and breezy. But sunny and remarkably clear.

Moved about 1000lbs of rock and brick, then moved about a yard and a half of dirt over the entire back yard to level it all out. Ordered my sod to be delivered Friday, just need to pick up my top soil. Once that's all done the back yard is finito. Tomorrow the treadmil is calling.

Weekend was spent corralling a bunch of 10 yr olds in my backyard for my rugrats birthday...waaay more tiring than any exercise done lately lol.

Dog walk around the neighborhood this evening. Nothing too long. Will have to step up my exercise on.

Mowed yesterday, with almost no complaints from my hand. Certain things still tweak it; but it has improved significantly in the past week (about time - apparently my 6-8 week recovery time prediction was pretty accurate).
Came to work feeling physically drained tonight... sort of an all over muscle fatigue that I couldn't explain. (In retrospect, I was likely dehydrated & I hadn't eaten in 21 hrs; which, combined with the day's activities & stress level, took it right out of me.)
Tuesday won't be much other than walking and some weights. Wednesday will be more outside work, Thursday is scuba class. Hoping to do some hiking Friday, and finish up processing the trees I've been working on over the weekend.

Looks like a beautiful area, Bum.
What app is that? Do you like it?
I use Map My Ride for my rides, and Nike Run+ for walks & hikes. Both are okay, but neither is great.
Or maybe I just need to delve more deeply. I have to cycle through a couple screens to get the info you have all in one place. But I did just note that MMR gives me distance, time, and average speed on pg1, then overview map, distance, duration, avg speed, calories burned and elevation gain on 2. Followed by an option to "Analyze this workout" which shows speed at time, speed at time mapped over elevation, and elevation at time. Even breaks it down for max elevation, min elevation, and total elevation gain. So maybe it's a pretty good one after all!

Didn't do diddly yesterday. Maybe 3000 steps just around the office and home. But took the girls to see Wonder Woman - so it was a good night!

STRAVA
I've never used another app so nothing to compare it to.
It works for what I want.
Good Movie?

walked a LOT at work today -- 4 different sets of contractors in the building at the same time, and they all wanted my attention at opposite ends of the building.
once they were all gone for the day, I "got" to reassemble the guard station in the lobby that was torn down a week ago so one set could rip out the lobby floor.

Morning run 2.5 miles on the treadmill. Then physio work. After work I ran 2.5 with the dog. Started working on the side yard a smidge ended up putting the shovel through our cable line (oops). Trimmed the ends, used the female to female to reconnect and it started to work again. Three feet later my dumbass did it again. The line was only 2 inches under the ground.....it's supposed to be 6 or more. Swore up a storm, tried to reconnect the same way again, this time it ain't working. FML. Decided to call it quits and go to bed before someone dies. Not in a good mood right now.

That Strava app looks cool TB. May have to give it a shot.

.............ahhh...been AWOL for longer than I thought. There are just not enough hours in the day. Glad to see everyone still carrying on. Some stuff to give away, still, IIRC what it was I said originally. Haven't figured out the final GAW chicken dinner yet (but it will be a modified 14 - we'll get to that later), tho the Garmin VivoSmart fitness tracker/band/thingy is ready to get sent to its new owner. Congratulations to tjswarbrick! I'll be getting in touch and posting this in #002 as well.

Tho I haven't been checking in, I have been thinking of this thread often. It has been keeping me motivated to stay active - which is one of the reasons I haven't been checking in. Been enjoying the very cool weather (up until the end of last week - holy $#!+) and working outside on the garden, opening the pool, mowing the lawn, trying to get some riding in for the ADA charity ride I just did....Swim meets and concerts and driving practice and chauffeuring and playdates....
I have surprised myself by finding a little balance, if I stop to think about it - I wasn't nearly as well trained for the 100km ride (my brother and) I just did as I have been in all the previous events we've done (with the exception of the one after back surgery a few years ago), but we managed a pretty respectable pace up to the part where my legs blew up - with less than 4 miles to go (58 miles already done). And I honestly think that was a hydration issue, not a fitness one. Point being, I felt pretty good, even though I didn't train nearly as much. Decided shoveling dirt would count. I hope allay'all found some of the same.

Gonna keep this thread going, if no one objects....but I'm definitely changing the title. Apparently it wasn't able to digitally transmit my warped sense of a wink and a nod, nudge nudge.

Keep on keepin' on, friends.

And, trailbum! Outta nowhere, making the pass on the last turn to take the checkered flag! Well, not really - cuz this thread has no one winner, because
giphy.gif

Walked about 3 miles today. 2.25 with the 15 lb pack. Felt good to get out again.

Mike, if you need to contact me, it's my BF handle at netscape dot net.
I'll need to see what this VivoSmart gizmo is all about.

Wife and I headed to the beach next week for our anniversary trip. Been running 5-10 miles a week, pushups, situps and pullups. The old fashioned military way!

Back