<<BECKERHEAD BEACHBODIES>> ;) *MYB* G~A~W !! {not just for fitness pros....}

Well, over the weekend I managed to hike a few miles through the city, but probably offset that by the amount of beer I drunk on Monday. Oh well, still had plenty of fun.

Thanks Aikiguy!

Today I powered through a 2.5 mile in the morning then did a 12 hour work day :thumbsdown:

My body didn't let me get out of bed this morning. Immediately fell asleep again after turning my alarm off, guess I needed some extra rest. I feel like I could sleep all day, don't want to go to work lol

Keeping on with the normal stuff...
Last night, started the open water qualification course for scuba, which started with a 600 meter swim. It's been a long time since I've done any swimming, let alone distance in choppy water (this was in a pool; but, with 15 other people at the same time, it might as well have been a rough lake, lol)

Went for a hike yesterday before taking a 250 mile drive to visit family.
8 miles walked, most with the 15lb pack on my back, and B 16 on my hip.
A very good day. Almost didn't mind the extra hour of traffic getting out of town.

In the past week I've been swimming, walking, and a small amount of hiking (yay!) The most interesting day was when we drove out to this abandoned mine that Cameron had heard of and did a little hunting for rocks and exploring it was super fun. I did a bunch of walking and scrambling around on rocks that day, but I was extra careful because my center of balance has changed :p

Pics for funsies :)
NoKoiFEm.jpg

Sorry no becker content, took my Bark River Aurora out this time.

PpiT4apm.jpg

ne8lrZim.jpg

AKfgqrlm.jpg

Looks delicious!
Oh, wait. Those are rocks.

Walked about 3 miles today, including mowing my folks lawn.
Didn't bring the weighted pack on the trip.

Walked for a few miles around the town fare yesterday 2 maybe.

Today my week caught up with me, just tired and the rain doesn't help my joints any. Hot tub'd and stretched this morning. Think that's all I'm going to do today.

Edit: k so I got bored and ended up getting more work done in my backyard after the rain cleared. Picked up 50 more 12 foot long deck boards, cut them all (but 3) in half, then layed them down my boardwalk. Finished tacking down and trimming the first of the four sections. Then I got about 5 boards in on the second section and it started to rain again. Hopefully I can get it done tomorrow, I have yet to check the weather lol.

Last edited:
Hard to get out of bed again, but after snoozing for 45min I got up and ran 2.5 miles

Then did this:

Then a few of these:

I went to blade show -- stood a lot, walked a lot, did an appreciable amount of carrying, and forgot to eat lunch 4 days in a row. :(

Caloric defect promotes the burning of belly fat vik... but it sucks and makes you hungry. I'd feel bad for you if you weren't at the happiest place on earth :p

Got up this morning and ran 2.75 miles. Then did my physio and core work.

Edit: dog was pestering me when I got home, so I ran her another 2.75 miles :D

Last edited:
yeah - our hotel was 1/2 mile from the galleria. thursday and friday we walked back and forth, including walking to the restaurants we had dinner at -- Saturday I drove, because I was pretty sure my feet would hurt too much after standing on concrete for 10 hours.... It was a good call!

Standing on hard surfaces for long periods of time is killer. :thumbsdown: I totally get the soreness. Even the hardwood we installed in our main floor bugs me from time to time after a work day. I feel it in my knees and feet. Makes me think about getting orthopaedic slippers....I'm just not there yet lol

Did a little light jogging in the park while the kiddo tried out her new rollerblades...Then spent 1/2 hr. trying to brush the winter coat off my dog so he doesn't look so much like a chemo patient...

2.75 miles ran, physio work on my arm and some core

Lol we used to have a Shelty that we had to do that too. Every time we brushed it, you could make another dog out of the hair. We eventually just said screw it and shaved the damn thing lol.

weighed myself today -- apparently I misplaced 5 pounds in Atlanta.....

That sounds great!
I think I found 5 last time I passed through.
But had a good burger and discovered a new favorite bourbon.

Walked 3 miles yesterday, 1.5 with the 15lb pack. I'm finally to the point where I don't notice it on my back. Should increase the weight, but don't have a decent pack to handle or distribute it.

Only 2 miles today, but one wa

2.5 miles today and stretching, was hard to get out of bed this morning. Tomorrow will suck as well as I'm up way past my bed time lol.

lot of walking at work - contractors in the building.
tomorrow after work I drive to central Mo for the midwest get-together.

Back