Important Info! Bladeforums Knife for 2017 - 6/26 Update!

Charlie and Barry, thanks for making this happen, for pulling it off. Well done. :thumbsup:

Rockon75 - I wouldn't be posting in this thread if I hadn't been contacted by members, paid, and up to Moderator level, that didn't buy in for this forum knife, specifically because they were turned off by your repeated comments on low post-count numbers in the Traditional sub-forum, by those so interested. To that end, I understand and respect your concerns, but would ask going forward, unless a time-in-grade or post count is mandated, you keep those concerns to yourself. Clear?

Crystal

Just ordered! awesome looking knife at an amazing price I expected it to be more since it's a Barlow, thanks for putting this together :)

just ordered! thank you! have been on the hunt to find a 2013 model to go with my 2015, but a 2017 sheepsfoot will do for now!

I have an order confirmation and a paypal e-receipt from two days ago. Wasn't going to get one as it really doesn't turn me on, but had a change of heart. Something tells me it might be a future GAW, but who knows, it may be a keeper like last year's AWESOME knife.

That said, I'm humbled by the graciousness of Charlie and Barry taking this task and the associated risks (yet another time).

Last edited:
That's all she wrote! Glad I was able to get in on this one.

L leghog thats how I felt too. I'm not huge on micarta on slip joints, and barlows aren't my favorite pattern, but it's tough to say how I'll like it until I get to coonfinger it a bit. Worse comes to worst, you can get you $85 back from someone who missed out.

I'm in for one of the last ones. It was a late night decision, but I can always find a way to rationalize a knife purchase. There is a lot to like about this one.

I think that's what is best about this knife...that many will NOT be scared off from using it. It's pretty much the blue collar barlow - it is very reasonably priced, not fancied up much, and there were actually plenty to go around.

The sheepsfoot doesn't appeal to everyone (I love it), and I suppose it's a little less versatile than a clip or spear, but I bet a lot of folks will be keeping these in their pockets rather than the tubes. But if they keep them nice and new, that's cool too.

Thank you Charlie, Barry, GEC and everyone else involved. I'm very much looking forward to this!

The sheepsfoot doesn't appeal to everyone (I love it), and I suppose it's a little less versatile than a clip or spear, but I bet a lot of folks will be keeping these in their pockets rather than the tubes. But if they keep them nice and new, that's cool too.

My Stockman knives always have the most use on the coping/sheepsfoot blade. For general pocket duty, I think it's the tops.

Thanks to Charlie and Barry for what you've done so far, and also thanks in advance for what you may have to put up with in the coming weeks when these knives become available. :):eek:

44Qt027.jpg

Experienced a hiccup when trying to use paypal to order. Hopefully will get sorted in time to grab a place in line.
Guess it wasn't to be. The message I left on GSJ's site when I ran into this problem went unanswered and unresolved.

Guess it wasn't to be. The message I left on GSJ's site when I ran into this problem went unanswered and unresolved.
My email links are posted in my tag line; no other message received, sorry.

I posted this in the official sales thread as well:

Guys, I have purposely undersold the 2017 BF order to prevent overselling and consequential problems. Remember, the final number of 500 is not written in stone, and there will likely be some seconds. When all is said and done there should be a few knives left over for sale, both first quality product and possibly a second or two. At that time, I will post a thread for those of you who didn't get a 2017 BF knife and would like a chance to buy one. Winners will be chosen at random for whatever knives are available and I will then put up a link for the winners. OK?

This is as fair as I know how to be, but if you have a better suggestion, I'm open to hear it.

Dang it, i missed out as well me and the misses went on vacation to desoto state park in Alabama and there is no service there. Just checked this thread and sure enough i missed it by a day. I knew they were going to sell out fast. Congratulations to all who scored. Maybe i will still get lucky. Also thanks alot Charlie and Barry for doing this you made a bunch of people very happy.

Back