Fell Beast Pre-Order 52100 +3V Closing 5/15

Any more updates? Peter's is usually really on point with their heat treat and time lines.

Grunt, I called Peter's today and they are still being HT. Brad said their main HT oven system is down and they are having to HT them at another facility.

These have taken months longer than expect and I need to clear the air here with you guys.

I had the order for these 3V blanks placed in mid August. At that time I was dealing with getting the Nitro V replacement blanks cut as well that so that delayed the order by maybe a week or two tops. That is 100% my fault.

However, I have had no part in the remainder of the delay and have been extremely frustrated through this whole process.

Long story short, my steel supplier/ water jet cutter who I have been working with for over 5 years never cut the blanks. I spent all of September assuming they were at HT. When I posted on Sept 27 and said there was a water jet error, the error was that my blanks were never cut in the first place. There is some ebb and flow in having the blanks cut and sent directly to Peters but it has never been a problem. So after I found out that the blanks were never cut, I called them and was assured that they will be cut and sent out immediately. Weeks go by and after many unanswered emails I'm told that they were sent out. They weren't. I had been told at several different points that the blanks were cut and sent out but Peter's told me they did not actually receive them until 2 weeks ago or so.

I'm not trying to call anyone out here. Mistakes happen and when my supplier has to send me 40+ replacement blanks + other orders mistakes and miscommunications can happen. I just want to be completely honest and let you guys know exactly what's going. At the end of the day delays are never OK and I'm going to be making up for the wait on these with a discount for everyone who has ordered.

Last edited:
Any more updates? Peter's is usually really on point with their heat treat and time lines.

Peters has been having a lot of problems lately with machines and there is a lot of 3v backed up waiting to be heat treated.

This isn’t a problem specific to Huntsman. It’s affecting many customers.

To be clear, this isn’t information obtained from Peters directly, but what I’ve gathered from reading other subforums here.

Thank you sir. The honesty is all I'm looking for. Mistakes and timeline issues happen I just like to know what's going on, as unfortunately I have been burned by a couple makers. Not you but it happens in this trade. The updates at least keep us from worrying.

Thanks for the information

JoeG26er,

These are at HT still but they will be in the shop soon. Once they are in its full steam ahead.:thumbsup: I'm making all of the sheaths ahead of time and getting everything set up to crank these things out.

Blanks just came in :thumbsup:

Ill be getting all of the orders done over the weekend/ Christmas

Thanks so much for your patience and understanding everyone. I really have the best customers in the world. :thumbsup:

Quick update,

The first of these are shipping now. Most of the 3V blanks came from Peter's with warpage so I had to spend most of my shop time straightening blanks instead of grinding o_O

Good news is I've started churning these out and they are KILLER. The stock for the 17.5 models came thicker than I ordered so what I've ended up with is the "Fell Beast Heavy." 1/8th stock with a higher grind. These things are just downright nasty in hand.

S1TDOTp.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4230 (1).jpg
    IMG_4230 (1).jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 11
Back