Latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very quick response and impressive customer service. It's great that RYP is an active participant in this forum and listens to constructive criticism well. I can't wait for the production version to arrive.

You guys are RIDICULOUSLY entertaining!:rolleyes: Really!!--KV

RYP,

Thanks for the updates. I appreciate that your company has taken whatever steps were necessary to correct production issues with this knife, and I'm glad that aspect of this whole deal was addressed.

However, I've decided to pass on this purchase. I'll email my official cancellation and request a full refund, forthwith.

I have no doubt someone will immediately purchase my knife as soon as I officially cancel my order.

Who knows, maybe I'll end up purchasing a production model down the road if it ever goes on sale.

Thanks, again.

risen

Smartest one in the bunch!:thumbup:--KV

I have decided to pass on mine too. There are a host of reasons why; but somehow I think that posting them would just be pointless.

I'll be in touch with customer service to make the arrangements. FYI, the knife is #181. (Sterile)

Good luck to the rest of you guys that are sticking it out; and I'm not being sarcastic, I really mean that. . .

I might request a refund as well on #39 Sterile. I'm still mulling it over but it appears mine might be going back to Italy because my tracking number issued last Saturday is not updated and I have no LE yet and I'm just one state over from Cali. I might not be 100% happy with an LE when it might actually require a new, longer blade altogether. I want one that has no exposed point which I consider a folder fundemental, I don't want one with a reduced belly on the blade to avoid being too close the backside handle gap and the lockup being potentially advanced. The handle might need to be widened or the belly reduced or something.

Hell, I can't even stand a knife with a blade slightly off centered. I might have to pout on this one. My two Production version orders have been cancelled. I can wait until later revisions are made to the design which I fully expect to occur. I've waited 3 months already anyway.

Last edited:
I'm gonna stick it out. I've waited this long. I have a couple spydies to tide me over. And hopefully I'll be able to pick up a mr. Dp version too.

I might request a refund as well on #39 Sterile. I'm still mulling it over but it appears mine might be going back to Italy because my tracking number issued last Saturday is not updated and I have no LE yet and I'm just one state over from Cali. I might not be 100% happy with an LE when it might actually require a new, longer blade altogether. I want one that has no exposedpoint which I consider a folder fundemental, a reduced belly on the blade to avoid being too close the backside handle gap and the lockup being potentially advanced.

Hell, I can't even stand a knife with a blade slightly off centered. I might have to pout on this one. MY two Production version orders have been cancelled. I can wait until later revisions are made the design which I fully expect to occur. I've waited 3 months already anyway.

I had two production versions on order. I'm cancelling those too. The quality issues being my top concerns but there are a whole lot of questions/concerns about this whole fiasco that leave me scratching my head. . . .

Whatever, it's not my problem anymore. I may go looking for a Startac. . . :cool:

Oooooooo! Yeah! I would have ordered that instead of my standard Zaan except I got that 10% on on the Zaan for a shipped total of $360 brand new. I'd much prefer the Startac for the looks!

I may go looking for a Startac. . . :cool:

ok, for any of you guys who have your folders in hand and feel like your itching to get the dremel out. you dont even have to take the knife apart to fix it, i took a very small amount off of the blade itself at the back where it contacts the stop pin a tiny bit at a time now the tip is fully in the scales and the bottom of the blade does not touch inside nor cut your finger through the bottom.

i'll take pics my camera battery was dead. its an easy fix.

take it easy
cricket

ok, for any of you guys who have your folders in hand and feel like your itching to get the dremel out. you dont even have to take the knife apart to fix it, i took a very small amount off of the blade itself at the back where it contacts the stop pin a tiny bit at a time now the tip is fully in the scales and the bottom of the blade does not touch inside nor cut your finger through the bottom.

i'll take pics my camera battery was dead. its an easy fix.

take it easy
cricket
That may change the blade detent position .

Be careful !

1234,,,,,,,,:)

Last edited:
I'm not going that route if I bail. I will contact DPx for a refund and let them dole it out.

Right now I have had $430 charged to my credit card for 3 months now for one Production and the LE with CC balance paid off since the first credit card staement. That will all go right back to me as a credit and the second production model was pay when shipped so that one will be easy.

Is everybody selling at cost and trading equal value?

And this is no hard feelings toward DPx or Lionsteel. This was one of only two most anticipated knives for me in recent times that I had on order. The other being the ZT 0551 of which I own three. And I even hate coatings but I didn't even care on this one. But at this point, it's lost it's luster.

It's obvious that breaking into the folder business is a lot more complicated than fixed blades . . .

I'm just disappointed at this point . . .

Last edited:
...There are a host of reasons why; but somehow I think that posting them would just be pointless. ...

...The quality issues being my top concerns but there are a whole lot of questions/concerns about this whole fiasco that leave me scratching my head. . . .

Whatever, it's not my problem anymore. I may go looking for a Startac. . . :cool:
Agreed.

For me, even the solution/s posted seemed a little vague/arbitrary. While I can certainly appreciate "leaving it to the experts", not knowing exactly how my knife is going to be corrected left me a little uncomfortable about the whole thing.

Another thing that didn't sit right with me was actually addressed by Gianni. He had no problem posting an apology for this mess, actually saying the word "sorry". That counts for a lot with me. It matters enough that just hearing that word from him will ensure that sooner or later, I'll be buying Lion Steel, as I indicated to him when I replied to his post.

Sure, one can go through the procedures/mechanics of addressing defects, but that's only meeting requirements that are to be expected to correct a problem with product.

Making it up to a customer with a simple apology is a different deal, imo. I certainly didn't get any apologetic vibe while hearing stuff like, "if you don't want it, we got a waiting list, someone else will want it" sort of thing. Hey, that's just how I feel about it.

For me, it really is just a knife, but it's my money. I'm sure I can find something else to spend it on. When improved production versions saturate the market, I'm sure sales offers will become available for this model. If not, there'll be sales on other folders. No biggie.

Anyway, I've already emailed my cancellation & request for a full refund. As soon as I get confirmation, #109 will be available.

...It's obvious that breaking into the folder business is a lot more complicated than fixed blades . . .
If anything, something good has come out of this for me. I definitely want to get a fixed HEST. They're still around on sale, so I'll be ordering one today. :cool:

I've got a standard edition pre-ordered (since August I think), and after seeing some of these oddities, latest of which was the snapped clip (clips are pretty important for me on a pocket folder) I'm contemplating cancelling it and letting someone else get in on it. There is apparently a waiting list for the second production run due out...this month..

Timeframes are a little too ambiguos and what are described as simple procedures seem to take weeks.

I really really like the design and hard use category the knife fits into...but if I can't get one, I can't get one. Maybe I just ate the hype up and I'm feeling let down, if so, then it's my fault.

ok here are some pics after the fix. its a very tiny amount to polish and fit.

168636_1848041367235_1426711158_32006121_1313124_n.jpg

180280_1848041727244_1426711158_32006122_6611238_n.jpg

180084_1848042087253_1426711158_32006123_108868_n.jpg

180964_1848042407261_1426711158_32006124_6600182_n.jpg

there you go if you have any questions just ask.

take it easy
cricket

I think I'm gonna wait until I get this thing in my hands, then I'll make the decision to keep it or not. I'm defiantly a little disappointed/concerned with what I'm hearing ( graphics, blade play, broken clip, and exposed tip issue). For me this ain't a cheap folder. I believe in that you get what you pay for so I expect this to be a damn good knife. I've got a Benchmade that I paid less than $100 bucks for. It's been tough and trouble free. I expect that and more with the HEST folder. Well see, hoping for the best and trying to stay optimistic....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back