Lion Steel "Roundhead" Euro-Barlow

I sympathize with the producers and the suppliers of a product as eagerly awaited as this knife. Everyone in the process gets ambitious with expectations of production dates. Everybody wants to please, but it's the guys on the production floor, this time in Italy, who have to produce to meet sometimes overly ambitious delivery forecasts.
A friend of mine who worked for me, when asked "When will it be done" used to reply "It'll be done when it gets done". He meant no disrespect, and no attempt at humor. He just stated that that was the most honest answer he could give. He was right. He'd been burned too many times by his own overly ambitious answers. Hey, the anticipation is half (or maybe just a little bit less) of the fun!
What you say is true to some extent , but time expands and contracts to meet schedules . In my entire work life of designing and production , I had schedules made for me that I had to meet . This is no reflection on CK and Mike , but it is on the supplier who made the promise. Right now the delay is just saving me money .

Harry

Right now the delay is just saving me money.
I don't know, the dollar has lost against the euro every since the due date....
And, I have three large orders get done at once, so I am not sure I could pay them if they said they were ready to ship tomorrow :oops:

I sympathize with the producers and the suppliers of a product as eagerly awaited as this knife. Everyone in the process gets ambitious with expectations of production dates. Everybody wants to please, but it's the guys on the production floor, this time in Italy, who have to produce to meet sometimes overly ambitious delivery forecasts.
A friend of mine who worked for me, when asked "When will it be done" used to reply "It'll be done when it gets done". He meant no disrespect, and no attempt at humor. He just stated that that was the most honest answer he could give. He was right. He'd been burned too many times by his own overly ambitious answers. Hey, the anticipation is half (or maybe just a little bit less) of the fun!
Yes but realize that what help up production is the fact that Lion Steel moved into a new factory. We all found this out late in the game. So, if not for this circumstance then I think product would have been delivered at this point.

Yeah but you should be more worried if nobody was talking about it. Look at all the business you are getting from this Euro Barlow experience. When they come in you will be pumped that they are flying out the door!
It means if you made a reservation anywhere at any time, it is good. It seems A) my wording on everything lacks, because it always confuses; and B) People don't have much faith in my ability to plan and maintain their information ;>

7 posts removed. Should have been more, but I thought the posted information was worth breaking the rules. This is not the place to talk about store web sites or reservations. This is the place to talk about knives.

Being that the knife is coming from Italy, I thought this might be fitting;
Chi aspettar suole, ha ciò che vuole.

As long as it takes to get into my hands, is as long as I will get to enjoy my other knives in their spots in the rotation. For once it gets here, who knows...

It will be great, no matter how long it takes. I keep ckecking this thread to make sure I haven't missed an email.

Being that the knife is coming from Italy, I thought this might be fitting;
Chi aspettar suole, ha ciò che vuole.

As long as it takes to get into my hands, is as long as I will get to enjoy my other knives in their spots in the rotation. For once it gets here, who knows...
Good way to look at it. :thumbsup::cool:

I changed my reservation to Carbon Fiber after seeing the video. Those of you who have had carbon fiber covers... after a month in your pocket with a few coins, will the covers still look the same, or do they get dulled and scratched?

I changed my reservation to Carbon Fiber after seeing the video. Those of you who have had carbon fiber covers... after a month in your pocket with a few coins, will the covers still look the same, or do they get dulled and scratched?
If there is any discoloration or marks on the CF, it would just be trace amounts of the coin itself on the surface of the slabs. The smoother the slabs, the less that should be deposited, and the easier cleaning should be.

That being said, a toothbrush, baking soda and water would be my guess though it might polish the slabs slightly so I would try it on the inside of the detached slabs to check. No one will ever see it, and it would be an easy test.

Last edited:
"Since we placed this order, the Euro has strengthened 12% against Dollar; thus the prices above will be adjusted by that amount at time of sale. Currently ($100, $125, $117, $190, and $120), if things hold steady a couple more days.

8/2 Update: Items should leave the factory the week of 8/7"

Was just looking the reserve is closed so from those with experience dealing with CK does this mean it will be very soon we should get our emails? I am little disappointed it is closed was hoping to get and set aside the funds tomorrow and updating my reserve to Sure but when I last checked it was still a green option.

I think as time went on and this thread grew, we inadvertently advertised and highlighted something people may not have known about. I would guess there are a lot of new reservists on this one, hence the full (red) reserve status. I did a sure on the wood, maybe on the CF, so I would think I'm good on at least one. With all the talk and picture of the carbon fiber, I can only hope there are enough to get to me.

Taditionalists will not rave about it, IMHO. But for those who are open to modernness, I think this knife with give all others a very good run for their money! I am expecting fit and finish to be nothing but stellar, coming from Lion Steel.

Back