Lion Steel "Roundhead" Euro-Barlow

I'm very surprised that there is not more people ordering these. A little twist on the barlow m390 ,titanium.Sounds like a great user

They are kind of a departure from the norm so some may be holding off.
I think when they come in and the reports are good the rest will be gone ASAP.

I'm very surprised that there is not more people ordering these. A little twist on the barlow m390 ,titanium.Sounds like a great user
I am surprised as well. I was thinking that maybe some people do not look at this knife as "traditional" because of the modern materials. Who knows, I am probably way off on that.

I don't think you're way off at all NEWBLADES 16 I'm sure there are several people who consider this "Too modern" and even more that just don't like the design or materials used. However that being said there's plenty that do like it and even more that will "come around" once the Rave Reviews start. ;) I'm very happy to be one of the trail blazers getting in on this cool little guy:thumbsup::cool:

Last edited:
I think some traditional purists may be a little hesitant about the proud back square, and the screws in the bolster. And I can completely understand that hesitation. IMO it would look better without the screws in the bolster.

However :) :

A Barlow, in my absolute favorite blade steel, was way too tempting to pass up. I have a few on order and am very much hoping for thin blade stock. It would be a home run. Thanks again for taking the risk Mike, looking forward to a very successful launch.

I get hestitation from a purist view but to me it still looks so great I can't wait for it except I can because I need to wait for money ;_;

I agree 100% Whetstone39 about the steel. Witch was the first thing to surprise me. The thing that surprised me most came at the end of the first article I read or Video I watched I can't remember which lol. Was the price!!! :eek: As usual A great value IMHO.:thumbsup: Thanks Mike

In my opinion this will be a great marriage of modern and traditional. Whats "modern" now will likely not always be so. If modern materials and construction is what it takes to get more (and younger) people interested in traditional styles like the barlow, then I think it's a good thing.

I do not think that it will ever look as nice to me as what I perceive to be the Traditional Barlow for many reasons . It does meet the criteria to be called a Barlow and I do have a meager Barlow collection so I felt that I must have one for that reason alone . The other reasons that I felt that I should have one are: No BRASS , great material , and Ramshorn Covers . I want to make an EDC out of it . If that is not possible , then my Great Grandsons will get to fight over it someday .

Harry

I'll Agree it's going to be a great EDC.
Barlow. 3 3/4" closed, M390, can it get better.
This knife is going in my pocket an not coming out.

I know there are plenty of people on European forums who would have ordered one if international shipping had been an option. As it is it looks like only a handful will find their way into the hands of forum regulars who have friends purchasing it for them.

Personally I just don't like to involve third parties in money transactions be it friends/fellow forum member or shipping providers. So I will pass on this one. The irony, considering they are manufactured in Europe in the first place.

I know there are plenty of people on European forums who would have ordered one if international shipping had been an option. As it is it looks like only a handful will find their way into the hands of forum regulars who have friends purchasing it for them.

Personally I just don't like to involve third parties in money transactions be it friends/fellow forum member or shipping providers. So I will pass on this one. The irony, considering they are manufactured in Europe in the first place.
I don't really understand the thinking there. There are great companies that will consolidate/re-ship internationally for very economical prices. If I ship you a stag it would cost $120 shipping with Fish and Wildlife paperwork / inspection. If you fill out your own paperwork it would cost $20. Plus you can ship several orders from different places together. In 2017, there are alternate solutions to these problems that are no longer problems. I do understand that it adds a smidge of complexity, but there are thousands of people doing it...
Anyone outside the US that acts like they can't comprehend why a dealer would not want to break the law and send a package "hoping" that it gets thru some other country's customs intact; is just not being honest with themselves. The dealer is the only one taking a risk, on several levels. But I do understand that other dealers do it - and that is alright.

Anyone outside the US that acts like they can't comprehend why a dealer would not want to break the law and send a package "hoping" that it gets thru some other country's customs intact; is just not being honest with themselves.

I do not believe that the tone and implication of this sentence is justified by his comment. He is after all bemoaning the fact that he and others cannot give you additional business. We can mourn the loss of that ability together without having to make accusations.

Writing as a non US resident who has bought from you before and is eagerly awaiting this one (maybe 3 of them, two for me and one for a friend). I ship to a family member but would not rely or trust a forwarding company either.

Last edited:
Back