Prototype AG Russell Folding Chef's Knife

I would have thought that these would have been available by now any word? Graduating from culinary school on May 3rd need one as a gift for another student hope they are out by then.

reminds me of a japanese folding santoku on chefknivestogo

Sorry, go back and look at the photographs at the start of this thread, the blade on my knife is at least fifty percent wider than that knife. If you just read the discriptions then they would sound the same. I really like the blade steel the Japanese have used, but I wanted to stay under $100,

yup. i just said it reminded me of that knife. nothing more than that.

and eventually when yours comes out, yours will be the one i will get.

=D

i don't really like VG 10 a whole lot and damascus cladding is not something i aim for in a knife.

I would have thought that these would have been available by now any word? Graduating from culinary school on May 3rd need one as a gift for another student hope they are out by then.

first shipment should arrive next week. When they have been inspected we will begin to ship

The first 600 were shipped about a week ago, check with the A. G. Russell Knives Facebook page in a day or so.

Hello there,

I just wanted to know if there were any developments about this beautiful knife and if anybody had a release date for those.

Thanks a lot !

I like it a lot, great design. I do think having a design more easy to take down could be helpful, but I don't think it's a deal breaker.

I never take down any of my EDCs and use them for food prep a lot. But I think for a dedicated knife like this, it could ease a lot of OCD knife users' minds...

Ever seen a folding cooks knife? Ever seen any folder with a blade so much wider than the handle" My guess is that when we get production that my customers will love it.

Actually, I thought you already had something pretty similar, called hocho? MAybe more santoku than chef though.

looks like I am going to have to give up on this one as there's no way they are going to be ready by graduation! thats a shame

Back