Survival knife ?

Yeah we'll do a pre-order at some point, but should I do a preorder before there have been any made and sold? It seems a little early to start selling something that isn't more established. What if you change your mind? Unlike other folks who do preorders, ours are non-refundable and no changes, otherwise it gets too much for me to handle. Given that constraint do you think it's early to start a pre-order?

IMHO, I think it would be wise to put a couple of back-to-back weekly sales out there of maybe 15-20 each, and then slam it with the pre-order.

Yeah we'll do a pre-order at some point, but should I do a preorder before there have been any made and sold? It seems a little early to start selling something that isn't more established. What if you change your mind? Unlike other folks who do preorders, ours are non-refundable and no changes, otherwise it gets too much for me to handle. Given that constraint do you think it's early to start a pre-order?
No Nathan it is not to early, as stated above if the wait time is reasonable (Subjective-for me I would say 6-8 months max)! If delivery could not be guaranteed at the 6-8 month mark, I would hold off! An estimate on the price would be nice though:thumbsup:

I'm a ready for a pre order right away even if there are no more pics, vids or other teasers.
This knife will be as amazing as any of the other 5 CPKs I've owned and without a doubt will become an instant classic.

I think you can go right in to a pre-order no problem. It's not like this is your first knife, you have an established, well-respected brand so customers (me included) would be happy to sign up so they are guaranteed a blade.

If it were up to me, I would consider doing a pre-order list as soon as the first couple o Fridays' sales are completed. Also since I think that this pattern is going to be just a HUGE smash hit, I would urge the Friday's sales participants to stick to one unit per sale occurrence and then the winners wait their turn on the pre-order list for more desired units so that 20-30 other folks can also score one on your Friday's sales. I know that everyone has someone else they want to get one for, but I think some common courtesy will be certainly appreciated during that very competitive intro phase.

I gave up on the Friday sales a long time ago. It was just frustrating and made me not want the knife anymore. I'm very glad there will be a preorder.

^^^ this is not good! However I am glad that Nathan had reconsidered doing preorders despite his initial hesitations and trepidation. I am not sure but I'd just assume that all the recent preorders went quite well for both parties involved.

If it were up to me, I would consider doing a pre-order list as soon as the first couple o Fridays' sales are completed. Also since I think that this pattern is going to be just a HUGE smash hit, I would urge the Friday's sales participants to stick to one unit per sale occurrence and then the winners wait their turn on the pre-order list for more desired units so that 20-30 other folks can also score one on your Friday's sales. I know that everyone has someone else they want to get one for, but I think some common courtesy will be certainly appreciated during that very competitive intro phase.

I wouldn't mind a one per person at least for the first few offerings. Let the most people experience the love.

yep. I think you should. Reward the folks who've been known about this for the past while with a guaranteed knife, and open up the BF sales to more people

I wouldn't mind a one per person at least for the first few offerings. Let the most people experience the love.

Yes, this is all that I was suggesting. Just some common courtesy to other fellow CPK'ers during the initial first couple of offerings :thumbsup:

I'd be down for a preorder, based in just what I've seen, and I'm sure there would be lots of folks who would also happily plunk down their deposit.

yep. I think you should. Reward the folks who've been known about this for the past while with a guaranteed knife, and open up the BF sales to more people

Open to those who suggested a name for the knife!

IMO, what little it is worth, I don't think the pre-order should start now.

I think it should start at earliest after the current LC pre-order is complete. Starting the pre-order now, before the final version is ready, and when Nathan already has a pre-order will add unnecessary wait time and no matter what people say now, the longer it takes to fill the order, the more frustrated people will become.

TL:DR:

Finish the LC pre-order, finalize the Fluffers specs, then open the next pre-order. Fluffer, unless it's time for the EDC to have one, though I suspect with the amount sold much of the overwhelming demand has been met.

I down for a pre-order whenever the time comes, interested in 2 but if it is limited to one per person, I'm good with that too.
Can pay for the knife/knives when I pre-order just need to know the TeroTuf color selection so I can choose the perfect color for me.:thumbsup:

WOW, I am really feeling the Love here!
images.png

I also agree that everybody but ME should only be permitted to purchase 1 Survival Knife! I think
I should be the ONLY ONE allowed more than 1! Just Because :confused:

Last edited:
I think it should start at earliest after the current LC pre-order is complete. Starting the pre-order now, before the final version is ready, and when Nathan already has a pre-order will add unnecessary wait time and no matter what people say now, the longer it takes to fill the order, the more frustrated people will become.

Finish the LC pre-order, finalize the Fluffers specs, then open the next pre-order. Fluffer, unless it's time for the EDC to have one, though I suspect with the amount sold much of the overwhelming demand has been met.

I see wisdom in this. What are the drawbacks to waiting and finishing the current preorder first?

I'm in for a pre-order, pay upfront, no changes, any time you make it available Nathan. The "Yet-to-be-named-new-knife" proto is frickin' awesome and I can wait... :D

I'm down with a pre-order. You have guys waiting a year or more for their Busse O2W orders. It's not a big deal.

I'm down with a pre-order. You have guys waiting a year or more for their Busse O2W orders. It's not a big deal.
This is true, just got charged for a knife I ordered a year ago! BUT the difference is Busse charges 1 dollar to reserve a knife! YOU CAN CANCEL the order at any time! I Have no problem paying for Nathan's work upfront! Excessive wait times are not good! Just my Opinion!

Back