• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

The famous Chris Williams is back at it with folders now

I really wonder who is buying these knives. $150 folders and $400 plus fixed blades, without any clue about steel type or anything. "High quality stainless". How can you make and sell that many knives and never state what steel it is, and who spends that kind of cash without knowing? Depending who you ask, high quality stainless could be 8cr13, 440C, Elmax, and so on. Hell 300 series stainless can be called high quality if all you are making is a tool box lol. And given all the other misinformation, even the statement "high quality" doesn't hold much weight with me either.

I really wonder who is buying these knives. $150 folders and $400 plus fixed blades, without any clue about steel type or anything.
It's a great question. Knife fans should know better but I can't imagine a non-fan paying that much for a knife. How does a guy like this sell anything? Is there some kind of Instagram-only ignoramus knife crowd?

This guy seems like a con man, using Christian symbolism to gain the confidence of his buyers. He may be related to the "Irish Scottish Travellers" who use the same system, except they sell shoddy Asian made tools, and then claim them to be US made. Murphy village is not that far from John's Island.

Last edited:
This guy seems like a con man, using Christian rhetoric to gain the confidence of his buyers. He may be related to the "Irish Travellers" who use the same system, except they sell shoddy tools, claiming them to be US made. Murphy village is not that far from John's Island.

He do unlicensed home repairs on the side? Don't pay cash up front.

gXHYngN.jpg

Perfect! [emoji1362][emoji1362]

Dude blocked me on Instagram after I left a non-negative comment lol. Good business policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy crap, this "People who blatantly and fraudulently sell knives as hand made when they are blanks.." thread is crazy. How do you get so mad that you make a sock to accuse Spark of tax fraud?!

Also, I gotta say that Chris Williams is NOT a good writer. Accuracy, brevity, clarity. Walls of text with lots of polysyllabic, redundant words ain't it.

He do unlicensed home repairs on the side? Don't pay cash up front.
Check out Rebel Tool and Equipment Company of South Carolina. These guys do every type of con, including fake life insurance policies. They are a unique old world culture, smooth talking and polite enough to steal your money, and still make you like them. "Williams", is also a Scottish gypsy surname.

Last edited:
Does he make them in his state of the art facility, hidden in the Texas Hill Country?

I imagine there must be some people getting into being a chef that foolishly buy an expensive knife without researching. Perhaps in a foolish attempt to make them feel like they have "levelled up" their chef status they purchase one of these steel embodiments of snake oil.

I actually posted about those in the Benchmade knockoff and counterfeit thread back in September. I also got banned from Williams' Instagram and Facebook pages a few times for making comments about that particular design. They're pretty touchy about those idea theft accusations.

I think what astounds me the most here is how little effort was put into making it different.

Ganzo
1488399482428054763.jpg

Williams
3758_se_green_1.jpg

I mean, Ganzo did more work ripping it off from the original than Williams did ripping it off from Ganzo. THESE WORDS ARE SOLEY THE WORDS OF THE POSTER AND DO NOT REFLECT THE OPINIONS OF BLADE FORUMS OR BLADE FORUMS MEMBERS.

Original Snody 4200

bm-14205.jpg

He should have just stayed with putting fancy handles on fixed bladed blanks. Messing around with other people's folding knife designs, is going to get him a lot of negative attention, since the styles are so blatantly obvious. "Letting the dead dog lie", would have been smarter than once again provoking knowledgeable knife collectors.

Last edited:
Back