• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

The famous Chris Williams is back at it with folders now

When the IRS tax fraud division starts to investigate this creep, it will be the beginning of his end. They took down Al Capone, and they can easily take down this offender. If you study the history of the crime families, tax fraud is their Achilles heel. Maybe Benchmade can win some money in court before the IRS confiscates his assets.

Last edited:
This evening I received the following emails from someone claiming to be Chris Williams:

I apologize for the wall of text that follows, but this is how it arrived to me. I'm not going to try to edit this for readability.
The following message has been sent from Chris Williams <chris@williamsknife.com> (IP: 2600:1004:b00f:96f0:84d2:9e1e:c87f:9406) via the contact form at BladeForums.com.

Doxing
Let me start by saying this is not being directed at BladeForums or it's ownership in any other way than your asset is being used in direct violation of both your own site policy as well as Federal Doxing and Harrassment violations. I realize this will most likely be met with massive resistance, but for one second, please stop and decide if one individual should be capable of using your site in a way that violates aforementioned policies. One of your posters, using the alias Damage109, is now posting very personal information (albeit, completely false and unsubstantiated) pertaining to my home address, personal finances, etc. that could only be obtained through illegally pulling my personal credit report. Yes, do I have a mortgage on my commercial real estate that I used to purchase property like any other business owner taken out 3 years ago, of course. And do I own an Indian Motorcycle that I financed through them at 0% interest, yes. But this is personal financial information, at a minimum the latter in my personal name, however that could only be obtained through access to my personal credit report, of which he has no consent to do such. I am already in retention of counsel and have had numerous conversation with Law Enforcement pertaining to this situation. I have not brought up your specific site yet, as I have stayed far away from here out of respect for saying I would almost 5 years ago. I do not have the time to spend surfing internet sites, etc. However after being brought to my attention tonight, he is using your forum as a platform to broadcast very personal information. This is not only a direct violation of your own site policy stated clearly on the BladeForums site, but also a serious Federal violation of privacy. Not to mention your clear guidelines pertaining to the "Lynch Mob" prohibitation being strictly enforced. I have mounds of paperwork if you'd like to see how not only was this guy refunded his monies, but the knives in question were never requested to be returned for a refund (as a matter of fact I have emails stating how much he loved them), nor have they been; he simply disputed charges on credit card saying he never received, them, knowing we had UPS tracking receipts showing where he signed for them. His pictures on site clearly prove he did and this has been forwarded to the credit card companies in which he claims he never received the goods. The monies in question have long been swept from my accounts while the transactions are being reviewed by Square and his card companies. So I have no knives, nor any of the money. I haven't "ripped him off" of anything. He even agreed in his response to the BBB complaint he filed (of which we have documentation as well). I have only acted in disgust or Andre on one occasion, when on the day of my grandmother's passing, and his continuous sexist and violent emails that day, which I requested he quit sending; did I respond negatively when he said, and I quote, "Fuck your grandmother too, she was a cunt. Just like you." She had died 2 hours earlier. I'm certain you too would have been triggered at that point to let him know, enough was enough. I have all of this documented should you be so inclined to see. He's now posted numerous times to your forum with posts containing personal information, most seriously my home address that is strictly prohibited by Federal Law and considered doxing. Not to mention, his use of your forum, after both parties have been granted restraining orders as a means to try and communicate with me, is in direct legal conflict with the terms. He may think my products suck, he may think that I suck...I do not care one way or the other about that, that is not the issue...for each his own. I know the WHOLE truth about the very one sided story he is telling. It doesn't even matter what the BladeForum community thinks of my business, I most certainly don't wish I'll towards theirs nor stick my nose in people's livelihoods. What I do care about is my children's safety, first and foremost, my workplace safety and his total lack of disregard to use your forum as his platform to commit said violations. Your policies and guidelines are clearly stated. I will not respond to him on your site, as I actually AM following legal protocol and not communicating with him per order, and my ongoing case against him with law enforcement investigating him for doxing and harassment via the web. I respectfully request that you honor your own commitment to individual safety as outlined by your policies and put a stop to this violation. There are also repeated threats of harm to me personally throughout the thread from himself as well as other of your members; as well as posts related to the hopes for physical injury or harm. Again, a clear violation of your policy as well as Federal Policy. While you may or may not agree with my pricing or my product, that is not the matter at hand; it's hard to justify not agreeing with you're own BladeForum Policy. I respectfully request that this post be reviewed, as my team has done, and proper measures be taken to provide a safe environment for all individuals, both members of the site, and the general public, my family included, as a whole. I am requesting that you honor your stated guidelines and remove him from continuing to use a BladeForums in violation. In light of his continued aggression and growing cavalier approach to violating Federal Doxing Prohibitions, and Harrassment, as well as numerous cases of Libel, and threats and hopes of physical harm by both himself and other posters, it is opening up your site to litigation that you clearly have no business being drug into nor do I want that to even remotely happen. Thus I'm politely requesting you take a moment to consider the severity of his and others' actions and his and others' rogue use of your site as their medium. Your policy even calls for banning such activity and individuals, which should be exactly what should happen due to the severity of the situation at this point. I'll leave your interpretation for now up to you, but clear violations are present, and I ask you in an abundance of caution for my family, co-workers and myself, for this to cease and decist immediately. It was amusing when I read the first few lines, but now we have clear reason to be fearful and violated, of which we no longer intend to standby and be party to. Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter. I'm
grateful for your attention to the seriousness of this as internet laws have widely changed since 2012/2013. Don't let this gentlemen and others ruin a good forum you've clearly worked hard on and invested a lot of capital and time in a revamp, for your rationally minded, supportive members. Thank you!
Again, my apologies for that jumbled mess.

It was followed by another email:
The following message has been sent from Chris Williams <chris@williamsknife.com> (IP: 2600:1004:b00f:96f0:84d2:9e1e:c87f:9406) via the contact form at BladeForums.com.

Doxing, Harrassment, Threats - Removal of posts
Since sending my previous message literally 5 minutes ago, Damage109 has edited almost all of his original posts. Luckily we have screenshots since of everything prior. I suppose he's realized his violations of both site policy and Federal Policies. Again, out of an abundance of caution for my children, my family, my workplace, and myself, I respectfully request that you honor the guidelines outlined in your site policy to the full extent. He should not be able to act with such disregard, delete posts and think everything is fine. We plan to pursue every violation in which he's committed to the full extent. It is my hopes that he and his unsubstantiated claims vanish from BladeForums platform as you in no way condone nor solicit such violations, and shouldn't be a party nor burdened to the actions about to be taken against this individual and his Lynch mob. Thank you in advance for your attention and honoring your stated guidelines.

My response:
Mr Williams -

I find it strange that you are contacting us, since federal law hasn't changed in the years since the last time your behavior was discussed on our website.

I'd suggest that you research this topic, perhaps starting here: https://www.eff.org/issues/cda230

If you would like to pursue legal action against a user for defamation or libel, we will need a subpoena sent via certified mail in order to provide any information.

In the meantime, be advised that I personally respond poorly to threats, veiled or otherwise.

In the meantime, I'd suggest that you take some time to reflect on what led to this chain of events occurring, and why people take a dim view of the appearance of impropriety, especially when it pertains to copyright & patent infringement, counterfeit goods, false advertising & more.
Perhaps it would be wiser to spend more energy avoiding these situations rather than creating them.

Please note, I am making no claims about the accuracy of what he's stated, nor am I taking a position on what's been posted. This is the first I've read this thread, so I haven't seen content posted to it prior to my reply.

Here we go again. Hop on the BS carousel for another round kiddies!

Damage seems to be an upstanding and honest individual. Although in reality I don't know him he seems to be a reasonable guy. Reasonably angry though aswell. I would be too had I found out that in my attempt to obtain some heirloom quality cutlery I had accidentally bought a polished turd with some handle scales slapped on it. An elegantly curvacous turd as Williams would put it.

Honestly I don't know how this Williams guy has the audacity to think anyone would believe his side of things when his new custom designed folder he spent years perfecting is clearly a rebranded Chinese counterfeit of a discontinued Benchmade knife. He must have spent years scouring Ganzo's catalog.

One thing I will say is I have noticed a pattern with these snake in the grass types. (an unfair comparison to be honest, snakes have far more admirable qualities than this guy) It seems every time they are being cornered or they have taken money and not delivered product suddenly their Grandmother dies. I honestly have seen it time and time again ranging from "my grandmother is on her deathbead" to when they really feel cornered "my grandmother just died" and often the stress of the proceedings somehow contributed to them not enjoying their last moments with their loved ones or I've even seen claims that the stress somehow contributed to the beloved granny's death. For she loved her scumbag grandson so much to see him "unfairly" villified pushed her over the edge.

In all honesty I doubt that this many grandmothers die as a result of these types of proceedings and so atleast some portion (probably 99%) of these scoundrels are willing to lie about their own grandmas dieing to gain sympathy. I very much doubt Mr. Williams has a grandmother at all as I believe him and his ilk more likely randomly spawn when falling off the back of a manure truck.

This is not to make this about anyone's Grandparents just to point out who am I or anyone else supposed to believe? Damage who has been humble, admitting his mistakes and where he crossed the line; or Williams who we already know makes his livelihood lieing about his products and decieving the vulnerable?

In all honesty I doubt that this many grandmothers die as a result of these types of proceedings and so atleast some portion (probably 99%) of these scoundrels are willing to lie about their own grandmas dieing to gain sympathy. I very much doubt Mr. Williams has a grandmother at all as I believe him and his ilk more likely randomly spawn when falling off the back of a manure truck.

This is not to make this about anyone's Grandparents just to point out who am I or anyone else supposed to believe? Damage who has been humble, admitting his mistakes and where he crossed the line; or Williams who we already know makes his livelihood lieing about his products and decieving the vulnerable?

LMAO. this has to be one of the best posts ever. As an ex-fast food manager years ago you'd be amazed at the amount of dead Grandmothers some people have piling up in every nook and cranny if it means a day or two off. Some people probably have every closet in the house and most of the garage stuffed with dead relatives, if excuses are to be believed. I've seen Grandmothers die repeatedly, too- I guess some of these Grandmothers are pretty resilient and climb out of the grave for a second round- or third! I've literally asked kids: just how many grandmothers do you have, anyway? This is like the seventeenth Grandmother that's died on you. You're bad luck for Grandmothers. It's funny how it's always Grandma, too. An Aunt wouldn't bring the solemnity and importance that Grandma does, and lying about Mom dying is ..crossing the line? As for Grandpa, it must be assumed that the old fella is gone already? Poor Grandma, she an easy target I guess.

Last edited:
I don't know if someonenwould pay for a lawyer to recover the 180$ they were defrauded.

When the IRS tax fraud division starts to investigate this creep, it will be the beginning of his end. They took down Al Capone, and they can easily take down this offender. If you study the history of the crime families, tax fraud is their Achilles heel. Maybe Benchmade can win some money in court before the IRS confiscates his assets.

The foundation has cracks!

Last edited:
The foundation has cracks!

I guess CW isn't happy unless he is staying in the scandal spotlight. If a federal judge grants investigators a writ to "crack" into his other business entities, I wonder if all the attention will have been worth it for him, in the end.

Last edited:
I'm kind of an optimist who doesn't like to see others ruin their lives. I still would like to suggest that CW consider an exit strategy here, and turn all the negative comments into something positive.

If he can admit that he made some mistakes, mend things with Damage109, remove the Benchmade design from his lineup, stop trying to be a bully making threats, and then clean up his advertising campaign, so that it becomes more honest, perhaps someone could start a new thread, about how he is taking a new honest approach, that will enhance the image of knifemakers everywhere. This way CW can gain respect, stop ruining his family name, and be a better example to his children.

Last edited:
Here we go again. Hop on the BS carousel for another round kiddies!

Damage seems to be an upstanding and honest individual. Although in reality I don't know him he seems to be a reasonable guy. Reasonably angry though aswell. I would be too had I found out that in my attempt to obtain some heirloom quality cutlery I had accidentally bought a polished turd with some handle scales slapped on it. An elegantly curvacous turd as Williams would put it.

Honestly I don't know how this Williams guy has the audacity to think anyone would believe his side of things when his new custom designed folder he spent years perfecting is clearly a rebranded Chinese counterfeit of a discontinued Benchmade knife. He must have spent years scouring Ganzo's catalog.

One thing I will say is I have noticed a pattern with these snake in the grass types. (an unfair comparison to be honest, snakes have far more admirable qualities than this guy) It seems every time they are being cornered or they have taken money and not delivered product suddenly their Grandmother dies. I honestly have seen it time and time again ranging from "my grandmother is on her deathbead" to when they really feel cornered "my grandmother just died" and often the stress of the proceedings somehow contributed to them not enjoying their last moments with their loved ones or I've even seen claims that the stress somehow contributed to the beloved granny's death. For she loved her scumbag grandson so much to see him "unfairly" villified pushed her over the edge.

The guy looks at least in in early to mid 50's, it is a real stretch to believe that his "grandparents" are even still above ground, very doubtful unless she lived past 100. I tend to agree, that this is a common "excuse" for scammer to use to try and deflect and make the victim feel bad.

I heard the oldest lady in the world died recently. (Chris William's grandma!?)

Maybe we found some mystery link. If you have a scammer grandson then you can live forever. However it is a double edged sword (or preground blank), for as soon as your grandson is caught you immediately perish.

The guy looks at least in in early to mid 50's, it is a real stretch to believe that his "grandparents" are even still above ground, very doubtful unless she lived past 100. I tend to agree, that this is a common "excuse" for scammer to use to try and deflect and make the victim feel bad.

I heard the oldest lady in the world died recently. (Chris William's grandma!?)

Maybe we found some mystery link. If you have a scammer grandson then you can live forever. However it is a double edged sword (or preground blank), for as soon as your grandson is caught you immediately perish.

The story about his grandmother is true and I think it proves just how sick he is, it's not like I brought his grandmother up, he brought her into the argument. Think about that for a good minute, what type of person would use the very recent death of his grandmother to bait me into a response? Truly sick!

Well, now I feel bad.

Chris Williams if you are reading this then you deserve all our sympathy for your grandmother.

Back