The NEXT SALE

:D

Sorry Tim, couldn't help myself...

But I believe 4V is supposed to be the equivalent of Vanadis 4 Extra. This from Nathan might help:

4V is chemically the same and made with a similar process as Vanadis 4E, which Dan has been using to the win competitions for the last few years, so I want to look at offering it on knives that need edge stability and edge retention more than gross toughness. It's still a tough steel, just not 3V tough. I may use it on a chopper at some point too.

And I'm using D2 because, done properly, I think it's one of the most under rated steels there is. There are a lot of folks who have gotten into the super steels and have never really tried it (with an optimal HT) before and don't know what they're missing. If you're cutting things like hide or cardboard a lot, it really performs.

Last edited:
Our next sale will be in person at the Atlanta Blade Show. We're dusting off a few old patterns in limited quantities just for the show. We plan to bring:
Field Knife
8" Shiv
10" Light Chopper
3V and optimized 4V (HRC 63-64) EDC <---new
Potato Knife

Hmmmmmmm. Ooookkaaaayyy. I must prepare. I was so hoping for the new knife to be ready.

How will it work? First come first serve, can you buy more than one knife, more than one of the same knife?!

Will there ever be light chopper Friday sale again?

How will it work? First come first serve, can you buy more than one knife, more than one of the same knife?!

Will there ever be light chopper Friday sale again?

Yes, we'll be selling Light Choppers next Friday, in person, in Atlanta. It is first-come first-serve. We will probably also have more Light Chopper sales here on BF in the future, though I'm starting to wind down on that pattern.

Ok. Could someone hypothetically show up and buy every knife you have? Id probably want a shiv and a light chopper, possibly a 4v edc. Could I do that? Thanks so much for answering my questions!

Ok. Could someone hypothetically show up and buy every knife you have? Id probably want a shiv and a light chopper, possibly a 4v edc. Could I do that? Thanks so much for answering my questions!

Sure. I wouldn't let a flipper buy the table, but any individual that wants an assortment is free to purchase whatever they like. We'll be bringing much more inventory than we usually have available on a Friday sale.

You can pick me up another Shiv while your at ito_O:rolleyes::thumbsup:
BB.png

Last edited:
Yes, we'll be selling Light Choppers next Friday, in person, in Atlanta. It is first-come first-serve. We will probably also have more Light Chopper sales here on BF in the future, though I'm starting to wind down on that pattern.
Wait, there WILL be more Light Chopper sales in the future? If that's the case I will remove my WTB ad.

I thought I had read that you were done with it after the pre order....my mind is playing tricks on me..

Wow, so sorry I can't make Atlanta for the Blade Show. I will be right by there on June 10th-19th to visit my mother but not in time for Blade Show. So wanted a Shiv. Congrats to all that can attend.
Yep... +1000

Back