Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Just picked up this unusual pattern from Robt Klaas Kissing Crane, a 1980 NKCA knife. Sort of a Eureka cattle knife more than any other name I could come up with. 4 inches closed, the spear master is mirror polished, while the secondaries are close to "as ground." Long pulls and cut swedges on all blades, gorgeous stag and pinched bolsters deck this one out.

7c6b1248-ef33-4956-8e15-b555be5c2261_zpsjsnhdipx.jpg%7Eoriginal

84014543-8448-4571-bf3e-5531644b09e7_zpsftql3f2t.jpg%7Eoriginal
That is really striking, an unusual frame and groovy stag. Wow!

My newest addition just got here. It's nothing fancy, but I really like carrying a knife with a punch, and decided to buy another one in case Case decides to discontinue it. (They discontinued the Chestnut CV Sway Back Jack, which I thought was a very popular knife, but I forget that we knife knuts on The Porch are a very small percentage of their knife sales, so I don't really know what's a good seller for them.)

I got one in yellow since I already have the amber bone version.

Thank you, Will, Rick and r8shell, for the kind words. I'm definitely a sucker for nice stag and an unusual pattern.

Picked up this beautiful IRJ on the exchange a few weeks back. Its coming back home to the good ol' USA all the way from Sweden! There have been some issues with the IRJ's over the years but its still a fantastic pattern and excellent size. This particular one is hands down the best F&F of all the IRJ's I've come across so far.

4XH0E3f.jpg

The first Case I've actually purchased. It's a behemoth. The red hardwood and inlay caught my attention, I am hoping they're not restoration materials but knowing me they could be. It has peppering on the swedge but also the blade a bit so I don't believe it's been buffed out too bad but I'm no expert. Has anyone else ever seen a king of the woods Case with red hardwood covers and an inlay such as this?
k3xjd5.jpg

212wmrb.jpg

Too much process for me to do pics, but picked up my Amber Tribal Lock today at the PO. Turns out it is a "Pilot Test Run". Also picked up my Stag Mini Muskrat. Very nice 2nd cut Stag. :)

Don

Nice CASE Danny. I have not seen one with the reddish covers like yours before. The one's I've seen have very dark wood covers. I can't say if anything's not original but it sure is a very nice find:thumbsup::cool:

My knife purchases seem to follow a 3-4 month cycle: "window shop" and do research and put items on dealers' wish lists for several months, letting my modest monthly knife budget accumulate, and then go on a buying frenzy where I buy 10-12 (or more) inexpensive knives! :rolleyes: I last placed an order Thanksgiving weekend, and I've been doing "due diligence" since then. But then on March 31, I went on a buying spree and 11 knives eventually arrived a little over a week ago. I'll gradually reveal them over the next few days in this (and other) threads. (My current spree is likely to continue as I order from another dealer the knives the first one didn't have in stock!)

So here's a Marbles Handyman's Helper II, as the stamp on the stainless cover makes abundantly clear:
nghmBp7.jpg

But what exactly is it? It reminds me of some knives I've seen on Jack Black's kitchen table :cool::
a slender single-spring two-blade pen knife with a built-in RULER (with both metric (cm) and Imperial (in) units)!!
ta9uVy3.jpg

But, wait, isn't it odd that the ruler seems to run from 6 to 10 inches?? Unusual range. :confused: Closer examination reveals that the ruler actually has several sections! Not JUST a folding knife, but a folding ruler, too! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: Watch this!!
rhzd1GI.jpg

That's right, FIVE (5), count 'em, five sections to form a 16-inch ruler. AND,something that "floats my mathematical boat", you can play around with the sections to make all kinds of cool geometric shapes in addition to the pentagon pictured! :cool::D:thumbsup:

I'm really not much of a handyman, but I'm looking forward to this tool helping me to follow the famous advice: measure twice, and cut once!
tGqq93E.jpg

- GT

rhzd1GI.jpg

That's right, FIVE (5), count 'em, five sections to form a 16-inch ruler. AND,something that "floats my mathematical boat", you can play around with the sections to make all kinds of cool geometric shapes in addition to the pentagon pictured! :cool::D:thumbsup:

I'm really not much of a handyman, but I'm looking forward to this tool helping me to follow the famous advice: measure twice, and cut once!
tGqq93E.jpg

- GT

That is seriously cool!

Been hunting the elusive chestnut Swayback Jack for some time now and finally caught one!

ddde4b6c0d13afbeb8c169226e54964f_zpsuwgoxu26.jpg

WOW! those bone covers are really, really something else! Gorgeous knife!

My knife purchases seem to follow a 3-4 month cycle: "window shop" and do research and put items on dealers' wish lists for several months, letting my modest monthly knife budget accumulate, and then go on a buying frenzy where I buy 10-12 (or more) inexpensive knives! :rolleyes: I last placed an order Thanksgiving weekend, and I've been doing "due diligence" since then. But then on March 31, I went on a buying spree and 11 knives eventually arrived a little over a week ago. I'll gradually reveal them over the next few days in this (and other) threads. (My current spree is likely to continue as I order from another dealer the knives the first one didn't have in stock!)

So here's a Marbles Handyman's Helper II, as the stamp on the stainless cover makes abundantly clear:
nghmBp7.jpg

But what exactly is it? It reminds me of some knives I've seen on Jack Black's kitchen table :cool::
a slender single-spring two-blade pen knife with a built-in RULER (with both metric (cm) and Imperial (in) units)!!
ta9uVy3.jpg

But, wait, isn't it odd that the ruler seems to run from 6 to 10 inches?? Unusual range. :confused: Closer examination reveals that the ruler actually has several sections! Not JUST a folding knife, but a folding ruler, too! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: Watch this!!
rhzd1GI.jpg

tGqq93E.jpg

- GT

Now that thing is cool! Nice score!
I've seen those before, but I don't think with that many ruler section.. Interesting!

2017-04-22-18-04-32-jpg.jpeg

Been wanting a Case stockman this size for a while(6318) This one is new to me, bug not "new"(will run date code later, for exact year). Truesharp, and I believe this to be the amber bone(?).

True color is about half way between the front and back side pics for tone and brightness.. Looks like it's been dropped to a hard surface, cracked good, but no pieces loose.

Blades are also shiny inside the frame, or behind other blades, but satin or etched somehow where exposed.(??!?) Weird!

Sheepsfoot is sharp, spey sorta sharp, main blade is duller than dish water. ;)

Overall not bad for $20! I'll give the bone a stabilizing treatment, clean it, sharpen it, and carry it!

2017-04-22-18-04-02-jpg.jpeg

img_20170422_171720_035.jpg

img_20170422_171720_030.jpg

img_20170422_171720_031.jpg

2017-04-22-18-05-17-jpg.jpeg

Any ideas what might cause the odd exposed blade area etch?

Back