1 CRK Knife For 1 Year!

One Month in the books - WOO HOO!!!

So far, so good. Not much has changed on the Small Inkosi other than some of the blue rubbing off the thumb studs. I'm sure it will start showing some more pocket wash/wear from use.

Also I am trying something new with this one, which is to leave this thing alone! I typically take apart, clean, sharpen and re-lube a knife when I get it. This small Inkosi is so smooth and sharp that I'm just going to let it ride and see how long I can go with it the way it is. I'm even going to try cleaning it with just soap and water when it gets a bit too dirty like I've heard others here do.

While it's only been a month, I think I made the right decision going with a smaller knife for EDC as it does everything I need, and it's so small and light that I forget I'm carrying it half the time!

One down, 11 more to go...

kDEiMlP.jpg

I “O.P.” starting now, June 30/19, will be edcing a Lionsteel SR-22 for a full year. This is my 1st, try.

I like this idea. I so need to stop buying knives, but mostly, I like the notion of “bonding” with one knife. I got the Lionsteel a couple three weeks ago and figure it’s the perfect mix of classy and utility. I’m pretty hard on my knives, the last time I carried a single blade for over a year, the knife (a Benchmade) looked pretty beat up, so I’m a bit worried I’ll destroy the Lionsteel... War wounds.

This should afford me some cash to buy some more stones lol.

One Month in the books - WOO HOO!!!

So far, so good. Not much has changed on the Small Inkosi other than some of the blue rubbing off the thumb studs. I'm sure it will start showing some more pocket wash/wear from use.

Also I am trying something new with this one, which is to leave this thing alone! I typically take apart, clean, sharpen and re-lube a knife when I get it. This small Inkosi is so smooth and sharp that I'm just going to let it ride and see how long I can go with it the way it is. I'm even going to try cleaning it with just soap and water when it gets a bit too dirty like I've heard others here do.

While it's only been a month, I think I made the right decision going with a smaller knife for EDC as it does everything I need, and it's so small and light that I forget I'm carrying it half the time!

One down, 11 more to go...

kDEiMlP.jpg

Cool pic, love the flowers!

I “O.P.” starting now, June 30/19, will be edcing a Lionsteel SR-22 for a full year. This is my 1st, try.

Well, this is a little bit awkward...

I guess I was under the impression that everyone knew this was a Chris Reeve Knife thread. After all, it's in the CRK Forum, and ALL the knives posted have been, well, CRK's.

I have taken the time to edit the rules in the 1st post and add the fact that the knife MUST be a CRK. To make sure there is no more confusion, I even changed the name of this thread to:

1 CRK Knife For 1 Year!

Sorry O O.P. , but if you want to post in this thread, you'll need to actually EDC some type of Chris Reeve knife.

Thanks!

Well, this is a little bit awkward...

I guess I was under the impression that everyone knew this was a Chris Reeve Knife thread. After all, it's in the CRK Forum, and ALL the knives posted have been, well, CRK's.

I have taken the time to edit the rules in the 1st post and add the fact that the knife MUST be a CRK. To make sure there is no more confusion, I even changed the name of this thread to:

1 CRK Knife For 1 Year!

Sorry O O.P. , but if you want to post in this thread, you'll need to actually EDC some type of Chris Reeve knife.

Thanks!
I don’t know what I was thinking lol! I’ll read the fine print a little more closely in the future.

Love the idea though. Think i’ll make a pact with me, myself, and I then. Problem is, when it comes to knives, it’s not like I have a track record for holding myself accountable lol!

Anyway, sorry. Best of luck.

O O.P.
No worries, and sorry for the confusion!

I actually had to do a double-take when I read the knife you were edc-ing your post, and looked to make sure I had posted this in the CRK forum!

Anyway, best of luck with that SR-22. Lionsteel makes a great knife, and that one should serve you well! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

It was a gallant effort, and I think ALL of us are proud of you for getting this far.

Oh, and remember - you have 2 more chances to do it!

I got sick of saying, "This just isn't as sharp as I would like," so I ended up cleaning/lubing/sharpening it yesterday. Problem solved! I also polished the hardware while I was at it as I think it gives it a little bling, as well as some nice contrast.

Here's a quick pic of the finished product...

RD2S5wY.jpg

I'm a little over a month in with my small Insingo Inkosi. I just got back from a vacation in CO, where we the Inkosi accompanied me as we toured the Garden of the Gods. Absolutely beautiful country!

fVDkFpb.jpg

M9X6XHV.jpg
Those rocks look familiar. Just visited there a couple months ago. Amazing views. This was taken in the garden
QmB2hgN.jpg

But I didn't have a CRK then, took my Benchmade Rift

I'm a little over a month in with my small Insingo Inkosi. I just got back from a vacation in CO, where we the Inkosi accompanied me as we toured the Garden of the Gods. Absolutely beautiful country!

fVDkFpb.jpg

M9X6XHV.jpg
You guys were right up the road from me. Hope you enjoyed your visit and come back soon. Can never have enough CRK enthusiasts visiting!

Back