2012 HTM Forum Gunhammer: *Commitment/Sign-up* thread

But it would be a relatively short wait for you haha.

Sad to see you go Scurvy. This really went south huh? I was really hoping this would go well so we could do a couple forum knives. I probably won't do another, even though I am patient. Okay, I actually forgot about the knife almost immediately.

Good luck with your sale.

It's not really because it went south. My tastes have changed since this whole thing started and an opportunity came up for me to get a custom order in with Alan Davis so I need to free up some funds.

The wife has me on a knife diet right now and I have to sell stuff to buy stuff. I have really pared down my collection in the last few months and it is down to the point where the GunHammer is really the only other knife I can give up right now.

I really tried to make this a business decision than a personal decision.

Neuron, any news yet? Been a couple days. I'm beginning to think that HTM would do well to hire a dedicated person to respond to emails and so forth.

7-11 is when the thread started. I believe the deposits were all paid and the order was official sometime at the end of last August/early September.

Neuron, any news yet? Been a couple days. I'm beginning to think that HTM would do well to hire a dedicated person to respond to emails and so forth.
Still waiting...I've resent the emails, and if I don't hear back from them within a day or so, I'll just start calling Lacey or Darrel directly.

I agree that as HTM has expanded, having a single person, in this case Lacey, wear all the hats she does (customer service/responding to calls and emails, billing, etc.) probably isn't viable as it was when DDR/HTM was smaller.

Hey Guys- Lacey here - Great news! Bowie blades have arrived and knives are being built. I have 5 that are currently paid off and those are the first ones to go out. Please contact me at lacey@darrelralph.com to take care of the rest of your payments, for the most part the payment due is $190.00 including shipping, if yours differs from that then we'll discuss that when I talk with you: emailing to start out will be much more organized than everyone trying to call at once - which can be hectic.

I cannot express enough gratitude for your patience in this project nor my excitement that all of you will have your knives soon! Also please accept my deepest apologies for any lack of communication or feelings of not being a priority to us. This project has been at the forefront of our minds since BLADE, and before that, but we had to revamp some in-house organization and issues in order to complete this so please know that all of us here are deeply apologetic for the time that this project has taken as well as any frustration or doubt this may have cause you all to feel about HTM. We hope that you will continue your faith in us.

Thanks - Lacey

I got the call this morning. Paid my second half and I'm hoping it will go out today.

I'm still excited to get this knife, hopefully it will have been worth the wait, I'll love it and it will become a forever knife.

Email sent to Lacey for amount for mqqn - Max glide with Bowie.

best

mqqn

Shipping info received from Lacey for #5- thanks!

best

mqqn

Finally...

IMG_20130718_145924.jpg

IMG_20130718_150052.jpg

IMG_20130718_150102.jpg

IMG_20130718_150142.jpg

I feel at this point the need to be completely honest and my feelings are mixed on the result.

PROS:

-It is very pretty. The green handles are much nicer in person than in photos
-The lock is up ROCK SOLID.
-I like the size and comfort of the handle

CONS (from biggest issue to smallest issue):
-This is probably the dullest knife I have ever received new. Maybe my mini-barrage was as dull but no part of this blade will even try to shave hair.
-The anodizing on the frame chipped the first time I opened the knife from the blade stops. I do not wrist flick any of my knives, ever.
-The stonewashing is noticeably uneven
-The S90 stamp is missing completely. The other etchings are hard to read (took forever for me to get a picture showing #1) so I had to look very closely to make sure.

I'm debating on what I want to do. I'm pretty sure it is going to have to go back at the very least for a sharpening.

Sorry to hear about the issues with your knife. It makes me kind of nervous about mine, I just paid it off today. Could you take a picture of the anodizing where the blade stops contact?

Mine has a couple tiny nicks around the blade stop area, but nothing unusual. Its been opened somewhere in the area of 500x maybe?

My edge bevel also appears about 2x as wide as your Scurvy. Mine would shave arm hair with a small amount of pressure, but with about 20 passes stropping on each side it will shave hair easily, with no pressure.

Mine comes in around 17-18° per side.

Keep in mind, mine was a Torpedo blade and I have had it for a bit. My lockup is about 60% and solid as all get out. I can't flex any play out of out in any direction and its buttery smooth.

My stone washing also has some very uneven marks, one is about 1cm long on the non presentation side and stands out pretty badly.

After some use I decided it I don't care about its aesthetic flaws, because it is a very comfortable knife to use and it holds a great edge.

This brand has interested me off and on for a while now but after watching this debacle unfold there is no question for me. I will NEVER purchase one. If they can't pull off a relatively high profile forum knife what can be expected of rank and file production pieces. It is really just sad.

I hope they get you guys the knives you bought at the level of quality they should be. This is just getting painful to watch.

Finally...

I feel at this point the need to be completely honest and my feelings are mixed on the result.

PROS:

-It is very pretty. The green handles are much nicer in person than in photos
-The lock is up ROCK SOLID.
-I like the size and comfort of the handle

CONS (from biggest issue to smallest issue):
-This is probably the dullest knife I have ever received new. Maybe my mini-barrage was as dull but no part of this blade will even try to shave hair.
-The anodizing on the frame chipped the first time I opened the knife from the blade stops. I do not wrist flick any of my knives, ever.
-The stonewashing is noticeably uneven
-The S90 stamp is missing completely. The other etchings are hard to read (took forever for me to get a picture showing #1) so I had to look very closely to make sure.

I'm debating on what I want to do. I'm pretty sure it is going to have to go back at the very least for a sharpening.

This was my exact experience tonight when I opened my #30 gunhammer.

I received my Torpedo blade sometime ago. I had a bad attitude toward the blade and overall experience and basically threw it in the safe. It is a solid knife but I find the finish very lacking for a near $400 knife. The blade finish is inconsistent and the markings are as bad as I have ever seen. I recently purchased a HEST II Military for about half the price and every feature of the finish of the knife is superior to the HTM. Overall I am underwhelmed with the HTM.

I will say that the blade takes an edge like I have rarely seen. The S90V is a laser beam but I am done with HTM.

Darrel Ralph has behaved shamefully throughout this entire process. Taking money from multiple knife enthusiasts--waiting a year to deliver on a substandard knife that is overpriced given the "custom" pricing is just reprehensible.

It's clear this was never anything more than a cash-grab for him. Take the money and then deliver whenever he gets around to it. Who knows what level of craftsman even did the work. Maybe interns? Who knows. That might explain why it took so long.

It's shameful. Shameful. And he can't even do the right thing and give refund to the people who invested their trust in him with this project.

I have had numerous customs made over the years and engaged in countless group-buys, etc., and never have I seem a knifemaker--or any maker--conduct themselves in such a low manner.

I love the lipspeak they put out:

Please, just give us a chance to make things right. That is all we ask.

Sure thing, Mr. Ralph. How's about offering a refund to the decent folks who got taken by your Bladeforums knife scam, huh? That would be a nice start!

You guys are too nice on here. You ought to be more upset. We got taken, plain and simple!

Back