• Wood Jigged

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Micarta

Votes: 17 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My preference is smooth ebony. Desert ironwood would also be nice. However, the majority rules and that is fine with me.
Mike

Last edited:
So if jigged bone wins, will there be another poll for Type of jigging/sawcut etc.?

Yeah, but the word I've seen most often from the smooth bone advocates is "Ebony." Now I like Ebony just fine, but Ebony-clad GEC's are pretty ubiquitous. Seems like just about every GEC pattern gets an Ebony version. I'd be willing to bet that there'll be an Ebony in the standard #86 run.
About the only wood that I might like better than ebony is ironwood. Would be thrilled with either. I don't care if ebony is "ubiquitous" with GEC knives, the rest of this knife is quite unique.

Since waverave waverave has that handy database, how many smooth wood options would there be, if we really do have access to all of them?

Obviously, the really exotic is out, but that list could be really long.

ETA: Here's a question for the ebony proponents. Would you still want ebony if the shield was guaranteed to be the hotdog? Could happen!

Last edited:
Since waverave waverave has that handy database, how many smooth wood options would there be, if we really do have access to all of them?

ETA: Here's a question for the ebony proponents. Would you still want ebony if the shield was guaranteed to be the hotdog? Could happen!
These are all the production total entries that had the word "wood" in it used over the last few years (to 2015).
African_Blackwood
American_Chestnut_Wood
Beer_Barrel_Oak_Wood
Bloodwood
Brazilian_Rosewood
Brown_Dymond_Wood
Charred_Barrel_Oak_Wood
Che_Chen_Rosewood
Cherry_Stained_Wood
Cocobolo_Wood
Desert_Ironwood
East_Indian_Rosewood
Ebony_Wood
Exotic_Mexican_Bocote_Wood
Jigged_Brazilian_Cherry_Wood
Jobillo_Wood
Kingwood
Oil_Sucker_Rod_Wood
Old_Barn_Chestnut_Wood
Old_Pine_Wood
Osage_Orange_Wood
Palo_Santo_Wood
Pine_Deckwood
Ship_Deck_Wood
Snakewood
Teak_Wood
Tiger_Maple_Wood
Yellowheart_Wood

Last edited:

There will be no hotdog shield.

I've heard that all the Jigged Bone Gang is voting hotdog out of spite if the Smooth Wood Bunch wins out...

The only safe option is to go Acrylic!

ETA: Thanks, Darren for that list. Actually not as many options as I thought.
Anytime :) There are some more going all the way back but figured we are only going to have semi-recent options available.

These are all the production total entries that had the word "wood" in it used over the last few years (to 2015).
African_Blackwood
American_Chestnut_Wood
Beer_Barrel_Oak_Wood
Bloodwood
Brazilian_Rosewood
Brown_Dymond_Wood
Charred_Barrel_Oak_Wood
Che_Chen_Rosewood
Cherry_Stained_Wood
Cocobolo_Wood
Desert_Ironwood
East_Indian_Rosewood
Ebony_Wood
Exotic_Mexican_Bocote_Wood
Jigged_Brazilian_Cherry_Wood
Jobillo_Wood
Kingwood
Oil_Sucker_Rod_Wood
Old_Barn_Chestnut_Wood
Old_Pine_Wood
Osage_Orange_Wood
Palo_Santo_Wood
Pine_Deckwood
Ship_Deck_Wood
Snakewood
Teak_Wood
Tiger_Maple_Wood
Yellowheart_Wood

Aww man! The Beer barrel oak would be so great on this knife. I don't know if that would actually be a possibility, and I assume it would get maybe two votes, but I would like it. Ship deck wood would be great as well.

I voted for smooth wood. I would actually want checkered wood in my ideal universe, but I don't see that happening. Can you just imagine a nice checkered walnut. Mmm mmm mmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back