1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by waverave, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Seems to be an awful lot of traffic about how to obtain this that or another.....;):rolleyes:

Jack Black, Nature Boy, L.H.S and 2 others like this.
  2. cbr1000

cbr1000

Jan 31, 2013
    Agree, I wish it would stop. Seems like more and more of it in several threads.

Jack Black, L.H.S, Jathes and 2 others like this.
  3. MerryMadMonk

MerryMadMonk Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 22, 2011
    Yep, it's getting beyond tiresome.

4. NewBlades16

NewBlades16 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2015
    That’s exactly how I took it. When I read some comments after your initial post, is when I began to question my thought process. I’m with you!!

5. knifeswapper

knifeswapper Knife Peddler Dealer / Materials Provider

Sep 3, 2004
    Yes, many ship outside the US. Charlie's bone #93 should be no problem; but the ebony would require a $95 inspection fee if done legally.

6. hamsco

hamsco Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2015
    Is there any idea about the time frame for the type of jigged bone ?

7. Jiki

Jiki Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 12, 2018
    Well I will talk about the knives. Someone call Bill and ask him to put a pruner on this frame at the end of the run.:D It will be in line with the frame ergonomics and I get the sense we won't see a 47 run this year.

8. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Wow a big ol pruner blade would be sweeeeet.

cigarrodog likes this.
  9. waverave

waverave Gold Member Platinum Member Gold Member

Jun 7, 2018
    I've been trying to envision what the royal blue SFO is going to look like. I might have to mock that up but I picture royal blue having more of a purple-ish tint vs all the standard blue camel bone I've seen thus far. It seems like there is a lot of handle material on the 93 (extra butt width & no bottom bolster) which means extra real estate for dyed camel bone color variations. The aqua camel bone we are seeing now has quite a bit of color variation.
    I greatly underestimated the green boot #14 when that came around but it is also a lot easier to show better bone and color on a small, double bolster pattern like that.
    Can't wait to start seeing more 93 production photos :thumbsup:
    RoyalBlueCamelBone.jpg

Last edited: May 12, 2019
    JohnDF, t.willy and tmd_87 like this.
  10. knifethetank

knifethetank Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2018
    selling an item that's not available to all customers because of seller rules

Leslie Tomville and Old Engineer like this.
  11. gaj999

gaj999 Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 25, 2004
    Oh yeah. Pruner instead of yet another Sheepsfoot ... I'd have been on that like a chicken on a junebug.

12. HEMI 49

HEMI 49 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 9, 2018
    I personally prefer some order to a sale versus a mob approach and cart snatching that that occurs with drops..... So, 2 thumbs up to a seller that creates order even if it means I'm excluded...…...

Pgg365247, Jathes, cigarrodog and 5 others like this.
  13. knifeswapper

Sep 3, 2004
    Then I fear it is a bit late - the "tactic" rules. Every single dealer out there given 8 knives and 400 interested customers "sell an item that's not available to all customers".

But, every dealer has a way to do this that I guarantee if the facts be know - there would be sour grapes spewed somewhere. I could just put one on the website and sell it, then do what I wanted with the other 7 or such and nobody would be the wiser. Personally, I believe in being upfront - knowing full well that nobody alive could come up with a detailed solution that everyone could agree was fair.

mrknife, boykinlp, gaj999 and 10 others like this.
  14. knifeswapper

Sep 3, 2004
    He said "No".

tmd_87 and waverave like this.
  15. Jondllas311

Jondllas311 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2014
    @knifeswapper I think everyone would agree that your early reserve system is the best in the industry and the fairest way to alert customers of new drops. Keep up the great work and don't sweat the haters! :)

gaj999, TFBraden and tmd_87 like this.
  16. knifeswapper

Sep 3, 2004
    Just curious, is there only interest in the Ram if the Lamb cannot be obtained? I guess, the question is - would everyone "rather" have the Lamb given everything else was equal? (equally available, priced, etc.)

Old Engineer, knifethetank and JohnDF like this.
  17. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    ABSOLUTELY!
    If the Lamb was a regular run knife, I'd be saving every penny right away so I could buy one or two. I have no chance at the SFO, nor do I want to even bother to fight for it. I'm not even going to bother with the Ram at all. But a regular run Lamb would be amazing and offer more people a chance to get it, I'd be all-in. I'm sure the enthusiasm for the Lamb far exceeds that for the Ram.

JB in SC, mitch4ging, gaj999 and 4 others like this.
  18. Dschal

Dschal Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Ah, yes. But I’ve reserved a Ram with you anyway.

19. Frailer

Frailer Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2009
    For my part, I am only interested in the lambsfoot.

20. lambertiana

lambertiana Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2000
    @knifeswapper Due to the available handle choices, I will not purchase the Lambsfoot version (and the price doesn't help, either). But I am interested in a cocobolo-handled ram.

If they started using crelicam-sourced ebony I would be interested in that, but until then I no longer purchase ebony.