2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

Just curious, is there only interest in the Ram if the Lamb cannot be obtained? I guess, the question is - would everyone "rather" have the Lamb given everything else was equal? (equally available, priced, etc.)

From a users standpoint I don't think there is an ounce of difference between a run of the mill Ramsfoot or a CC Lambsfoot……… From a collectors standpoint there is a heck of a difference between the two...……. Since I don't use my knives, it is easy to see where my interests lie....

From a users standpoint I don't think there is an ounce of difference between a run of the mill Ramsfoot or a CC Lambsfoot………
I think there is a world of difference between the two blade shapes, especially as a user.
The Lamb's tip is much more precise, has much more control, feels more balanced, and fits into more places.
The Lambsfoot is a perfect blend between the pointy-ness of the Wharncliffe and the robustness of Sheepsfoot.

Last edited:
ABSOLUTELY!
If the Lamb was a regular run knife, I'd be saving every penny right away so I could buy one or two. I have no chance at the SFO, nor do I want to even bother to fight for it. I'm not even going to bother with the Ram at all. But a regular run Lamb would be amazing and offer more people a chance to get it, I'd be all-in. I'm sure the enthusiasm for the Lamb far exceeds that for the Ram.
I agree with JohnDF JohnDF except I still want at least 1 93 Ram style

knifeswapper knifeswapper I think everyone would agree that your early reserve system is the best in the industry and the fairest way to alert customers of new drops. Keep up the great work and don't sweat the haters! :)
J Jondllas311 since you replied to Mike's comment to me I never said I hated his early reserve, the CC 93 is not even on his early reserve, please read the post again before you throw me under the bus

See my post No.20 ;)

The Lambfoot bladed version is the only one I have real interest in, those 'Ramsfoot' are just Sheepfoots and I'm not at all interested in them. Others might like them but the Lambfoot is the unusual one and it gives an American cutler a shot at their interpretation of a foreign pattern, this also interests me. Oh and it's Bone for me please no Ebony thanks:cool:

I agree with JohnDF JohnDF except I still want at least 1 93 Ram style

J Jondllas311 since you replied to Mike's comment to me I never said I hated his early reserve, the CC 93 is not even on his early reserve, please read the post again before you throw me under the bus

Apologies Texoma Texoma My comment wasn't directed at you specifically. It was just to let Mike know that his early reserve notification system is the best I've seen for announcing new knife drops. I definitely wasn't trying to throw you under the bus. Good luck in getting the knives you're after.

Apologies Texoma Texoma My comment wasn't directed at you specifically. It was just to let Mike know that his early reserve notification system is the best I've seen for announcing new knife drops. I definitely wasn't trying to throw you under the bus. Good luck in getting the knives you're after.
J Jondllas311 apology accepted, the Italian in me took it to heart

What Mike said, supply vs demand. Those with a keen interest watch daily for updates. I am only interested in the lambsfoot in ebony, for reasons that would take too much bandwidth to explain

I'd like to request that we keep this thread focused on the topic of the new 93 and things related to the knife...versus where to buy, reserve systems, or our opinions on how dealers operate their business. I did us a disservice by entertaining requests for reserve contacts, etc. earlier here and that's my bad. I just like to help folks out but I will refrain from that from now on.
So to get us back on track...I took the libery to mock up a #93 Ramsfoot in Glitter Gold with banana shield. Enjoy.
Ramsfoot_glittergold.jpg

Last edited:
I'd like to request that we keep this thread focused on the topic of the new 93 and things related to the knife...versus where to buy, reserve systems, or our opinions on how dealers operate their business. I did us a disservice by entertaining requests for reserve contacts, etc. eariler here and that's my bad. I just like to help folks out but I will refrain from that from now on.
So to get us back on track...I took the libery to mock up a #93 Ramsfoot in Glitter Gold with banana shield. Enjoy.
View attachment 1127430

Glitter Gold and the Bananas are two different series I believe, so I don't think that'd come to fruition unfortunately.

But make it a shadow pattern with a Mardi gras acrylic bolster and you've got my gaudy knife dream!

Also, from talking to Will I don't think there's gonna be much more Glitter Gold. But they could surprise us!

knifeswapper knifeswapper The 93 Ramsfoot looks great and will be great(I’m a big fan of the Sheepsfoot pattern, and this one looks fantastic), but as regular in the Guardians, with a keen focus on all things Lambsfoot, combined with the upcoming Forum knife, leaves me with zero desire for the Ramsfoot. Of course who doesn’t want one of Charlie’s cream puffs? But I would be thrilled if GEC were to make the Lambsfoot pattern as a continuing normal pattern.

I think you have also read too much into something someone said somewhere.... I don't even have the details on Charlie's Lamb from the man himself, but expect allocations to be in 40pc range. Since the OP opened this can and now wants to close it :D you can pm / email me to clarify further.

Just curious, is there only interest in the Ram if the Lamb cannot be obtained? I guess, the question is - would everyone "rather" have the Lamb given everything else was equal? (equally available, priced, etc.)
I much prefer the Lambfoot version instead of the Ramfoot . I have used both the Lambfoot and a Sheepfoot for the last 3 years and the only advantage that I see of the Lambfoot is it has a smaller presence in the pocket than the Sheepfoot does . I would expect that there would be even a bigger difference with a Ramfoot .

Harry

Back