2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

I reiterate what I have already stated - @waynorth - I think you have, in fact (at the least, to my little way of seeing things ;)) put together the quintessential lambfoot folder profile - curvy and straight in all the right places and proportions, combined with an exquisite stag handle.

A real beauty! Very nicely done Charlie.

Ray

Looks like they are continuing to pound away at these. Some peeks at a couple more cover materials, the blue camel bone and cocobolo. I am generally not a fan of funky shields so I don't go for knives with boots, bananas, or old men but I can appreciate the significance and meaning behind them and that there are folks who do indeed enjoy such things.

The Oily Creek & Tidioute shield is actually coming together nicely, it will make for a nice user.

VeAIuU9.jpg

mk7xPmt.jpg

DpOZIFJ.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like they are continuing to pound away at these. Some peeks at a couple more cover materials, the blue camel bone and cocobolo. I am generally not a fan of funky shields so I don't go for knives with boots, bananas, or old men but I can appreciate the significance and meaning behind them and that there are folks who do indeed enjoy such things.

The Oily Creek & Tidioute shield is actually coming together nicely, it will make for a nice user.

VeAIuU9.jpg

mk7xPmt.jpg

DpOZIFJ.jpg
I wasn’t even considering the Ram, but the Oily Creek is saying Buy Me. Would actually make it into my pocket.

Not having a shield is one of the many reasons why I love Charlie’s Lambsfoot knives,

This is my first GEC knife and I only recently started to get into traditional knives, but I have to say this knife is amazing. I knew I wanted one of these rams foot knives when I saw them online and it ticked a lot of boxes for me. Micarta handle, sheepsfoot/rams foot blade, slipjoint and I will say it is also one of the sharpest knives out of the box I have received. (I'm still going to put my edge on it) This is an amazing knife so far and I intend to use it as much as possible.

It is because of this forum I was reintroduced to traditionals. So thank you all.

3ncx1q1.jpg

Holy crap. I decide to take a shower and get the notice from GPKnives that the black canvas is available six minutes after it was sent and they're already gone.

I find it hard to believe those sold out that quickly unless there were bots and scalpers waiting for the stock to open up so they could put in multiple orders. Black canvas Micarta seems to hold a hefty premium over natural canvas Micarta, which I found interesting.

Last edited:
It is fascinating what a slightly different shield and minor color difference makes in collector interest to any given knife.
Truly this is where madness dwells.

There will be more releases of this pattern in other colors and handle materials coming, right? It's sort of hard to figure out what is going on with GEC except that it's apparently impossible to get a reasonably priced, american-made, traditional pocketknife pattern that has some sense of quality to its construction. I may just still be a little upset about missing the note about the 5pm CST sale today...

Holy crap. I decide to take a shower and get the notice from GPKnives that the black canvas is available six minutes after it was sent and they're already gone.

I find it hard to believe those sold out that quickly unless there were bots and scalpers waiting for the stock to open up so they could put in multiple orders. Black canvas Micarta seems to hold a hefty premium over natural canvas Micarta, which I found interesting.

Scalpers probably. I read on a dealer's blog that he had several orders for multiple knives, the highest was for 12. He said he cut those down and is going to start dialing it back to 2 max.

I'm gunning for one of the Waynorth knives but if it doesn't pan out, I'll just have to be happy with one of the other few hundred knives I already have. :oops:

I won't pay scalpers, so win some, lose some.

Charlie, your knives look amazing! You have every reason to be thrilled with these! :thumbsup:

This is one I came across awhile back, Harvey. I found the shield intriguing but was turned off by the plastic covers. An older Wrights, I believe.

Gvg50gw.jpg
Thank you for sharing that, Dylan. Learning something new every day. That’s a good thing.

Scalpers probably. I read on a dealer's blog that he had several orders for multiple knives, the highest was for 12. He said he cut those down and is going to start dialing it back to 2 max.

I'm gunning for one of the Waynorth knives but if it doesn't pan out, I'll just have to be happy with one of the other few hundred knives I already have. :oops:

I won't pay scalpers, so win some, lose some.

Charlie, your knives look amazing! You have every reason to be thrilled with these! :thumbsup:
On the GPK website it said one per household if they caught you trying for more they would cancel all your orders. I just find it hard to believe since I basically did everything as fast as one could. Oh well if it’s not meant to be it’s just not meant to be I suppose.

Back