2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

Great Eastern Cutlery got the Dark Chestnut correct on this knife. I bought the DLT SFO Trading Tidioute #12 dark chestnut knife. Everyone of these SFO knives are a factory mistake. Every DLT SFO #12 knife is copperhead jigged bone , not dark chestnut like it says on the tube cover. My DLT SFO #12 knife is a shade lighter than my Northfield #12 copperhead pony-cut bone knife. That just can't be. It has to be a factory mistake. These two #12 knives look like twin brothers. Neither looks even close to Dark chestnut jigged bone. Baw-ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Mr. Charlie , I call my DLT Trading SFO #12 dark chestnut jigged bone knife. "THE EMPEROR WEARS NO CLOTHES KNIFE !" If this knife was a comic book or a trading card , it would be worth 50% more over the retail price. I am not mad , I find it funny ! Hey Mr. Charlie , those knives are selling slow. When collectors realize the factor mistake , they might sell for crazy prices. G-d uses the fool to teach the wise !
What?

They Have arrived!!!! My first self-labelled knives and I couldn't be more proud of them.
The springs are firm, but there's lots of leverage on those long blades! The blades snap firmly into working position but are not a chore to close. Fit and finish on the first ones are excellent.
You can't ask for a better looking or working knife!! I'm stoked - a dream fulfilled!!Thanks for all the encouragement on this porch!!!View attachment 1148868 View attachment 1148869

Charlie, huge congratulations on seeing your hard work and enthusiasm come to fruition. The whole package is great including the wonderful labels. These are beautiful knives that I will be very proud to carry.

Last edited:
I just got my 93 black canvas in... this may be my favorite GEC pattern to date! Great size, and blade is very pinchable. Great action too!
A few comparison shots with a 15 and 77.

nUITa5d.jpg

9ycb0mc.jpg

7y9a53q.jpg

Very smart looking example there Frank, The Micarta goes very nicely with that shield and being Barehead.:cool:

I might get tempted over the Frontier Bone if one is available;)

Thanks, Will

Is the blade shape different on the Black version ? It looks more sheepsfoot like or maybe just an illusion due to angle of the pic.

Very smart looking example there Frank, The Micarta goes very nicely with that shield and being Barehead.:cool:

I might get tempted over the Frontier Bone if one is available;)

Thanks, Will
Thank you Will and I don't think you can go wrong with any 93, I'm hoping to get 1 or 2 of the Northfield's when they're available. I'm really impressed with this knife in my hand, the blade has some weight but it's balanced just right, thanks Frank

Is the blade shape different on the Black version ? It looks more sheepsfoot like or maybe just an illusion due to angle of the pic.
I don't think the blade is different between the 2 micarta's, I'm not the best at taking pictures

waynorth waynorth : Tonight I am a very happy guy thanks to your persistence on seeing it through . Although I have not received my Jigged Bone version yet , I am sure that it will be everything that I thought it would be . You may be happy to know that one of my nephews also reserved one after I talked to him last year about it . It will be his first GEC and Lambfoot .
Thank you again my friend and I certainly hope that you will be able to make it to Titusville in August .

Harry

They Have arrived!!!! My first self-labelled knives and I couldn't be more proud of them.
The springs are firm, but there's lots of leverage on those long blades! The blades snap firmly into working position but are not a chore to close. Fit and finish on the first ones are excellent.
You can't ask for a better looking or working knife!! I'm stoked - a dream fulfilled!!Thanks for all the encouragement on this porch!!!View attachment 1148868 View attachment 1148869

Bravo Charlie. They look great. Thanks for all the work you and Jack Black put into it.

I can't wait to see one in person.

He posted the same thing on FaceBook. I mean, I guess I don't know for sure that it's the same person. But it's the same message with the same writing style.

I think it is mostly a misunderstanding of how GEC works. As I posted on the similar Facebook post;
The rule with GEC's bone naming is inconsistency. Sometimes the same type of bone/jigging is named different things on two different runs, and sometimes two different types of bone/jigging is named the same thing on two different runs. It doesn't mean it's a factory mistake.

Bravo Charlie. They look great. Thanks for all the work you and Jack Black put into it.

I can't wait to see one in person.

He posted the same thing on FaceBook. I mean, I guess I don't know for sure that it's the same person. But it's the same message with the same writing style.

I think it is mostly a misunderstanding of how GEC works. As I posted on the similar Facebook post;
The rule with GEC's bone naming is inconsistency. Sometimes the same type of bone/jigging is named different things on two different runs, and sometimes two different types of bone/jigging is named the same thing on two different runs. It doesn't mean it's a factory mistake.

Like how my 66 in hemlock green jig bone is more like a blood red ? :)
I just go off of pics.. I’ve never taken the names too seriously.

Yes...I realize that...I was commenting on a ridiculous post.

Back