2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

7tQWZQv.jpg

IgeVfy0.jpg

My jigged bone Lambsfoot arrived today. I’m definitely impressed. It’s a superb knife. You did well, Charlie. Exceedingly so, in fact.

My first encounter with a lambsfoot shaped blade happened when I was a child. My father had a fixed blade of this shape, that he used for leather working. Now that I think about it, it may have been the first knife I ever used, outside of kitchen cutlery, working leather with my Dad. He gave me his box of leather working equipment maybe 15 years back, but unfortunately the knife was gone. So this a special blade for me, finally getting another lambsfoot, for use on my work bench, cutting leather as I did as a child.

Within 15 minutes of popping the tube, I was right into the garage, testing the knife on a few scraps of leather. It works beautifully. Nice and sharp. The tip is strong, but still very precise. More so than a sheepsfoot. The swayback frame is extremely comfortable in my hand, and provides excellent control of my cuts.

Walk and talk is incredibly crisp. Definitely strong. I’d probably rate the pull to be about a 6.5. GEC did a great job on the fluted bolsters. Everything is flush, even at the half stop. Lovely and thoughtful tang stamps. I normally hate blade etches, but this one is perfectly suited to the knife, and even adds to it aesthetically. The jigging is very interesting as well.

All in all, the new lambsfoot is exceptional, to say the least. This isn’t just a great first effort for Waynorth Cutlery, this is the esrly establishment of a legacy.

fWVvrJph.jpg

HeCiFBGh.jpg

HGcopFsh.jpg

uRXHWP9h.jpg

rZ4GeONh.jpg

XihAYHlh.jpg

My jigged bone Lambsfoot arrived today. I’m definitely impressed. It’s a superb knife. You did well, Charlie. Exceedingly so, in fact.

My first encounter with a lambsfoot shaped blade happened when I was a child. My father had a fixed blade of this shape, that he used for leather working. Now that I think about it, it may have been the first knife I ever used, outside of kitchen cutlery, working leather with my Dad. He gave me his box of leather working equipment maybe 15 years back, but unfortunately the knife was gone. So this a special blade for me, finally getting another lambsfoot, for use on my work bench, cutting leather as I did as a child.

Within 15 minutes of popping the tube, I was right into the garage, testing the knife on a few scraps of leather. It works beautifully. Nice and sharp. The tip is strong, but still very precise. More so than a sheepsfoot. The swayback frame is extremely comfortable in my hand, and provides excellent control of my cuts.

Walk and talk is incredibly crisp. Definitely strong. I’d probably rate the pull to be about a 6.5. GEC did a great job on the fluted bolsters. Everything is flush, even at the half stop. Lovely and thoughtful tang stamps. I normally hate blade etches, but this one is perfectly suited to the knife, and even adds to it aesthetically. The jigging is very interesting as well.

All in all, the new lambsfoot is exceptional, to say the least. This isn’t just a great first effort for Waynorth Cutlery, this is the esrly establishment of a legacy.

fWVvrJph.jpg

HeCiFBGh.jpg

HGcopFsh.jpg

uRXHWP9h.jpg

rZ4GeONh.jpg

XihAYHlh.jpg

Great story and pics !

Charlie, could you share your thoughts on the frame itself? The Waynorth Cutlery lambfoot is so close in measurements to the 47 frame that it begs the question: did you specify exactly the frame you ended up with as an homage to an old Sheffield pattern, and/or did you ever consider using the 47 pattern, but just wanted something a little more svelte?

fWVvrJph.jpg

HeCiFBGh.jpg

HGcopFsh.jpg

uRXHWP9h.jpg

rZ4GeONh.jpg

XihAYHlh.jpg
So many great pictures, these have to be among the best i've seen. gorgeous! of course you do have a very photogenic subject.

Back