1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by waverave, Apr 26, 2019.

1. steelnut

steelnut

Jan 9, 2007
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

jkwithawave, Half/Stop, A.S. and 7 others like this.
  2. stevekolt

stevekolt Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Received my jigged bone Lambsfoot yesterday. Outstanding blade! It is thankfully pinchable to open. I knew I should have ordered an ebony also...

jkwithawave and TFBraden like this.
  3. Âchillepattada

Âchillepattada Gold Member Gold Member

May 17, 2012
    It's a great pleasure, Charlie, to show your creations the best way possible .:):thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Â

4. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Thanks Charlie. Once again very, very, nice SFO. A-one.

cigarrodog likes this.
  5. knifethetank

knifethetank Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2018
    I’m not sure if it’s just me but I don’t think these Lamb foot pictures will ever get old.

6. L.H.S

L.H.S Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2013
    That'd be great! It'd fit my tastes just right lol

I think there's going to be something special about this year's Rendezvous Specials

7. Buzzbait

Buzzbait

Feb 25, 2001
    My jigged bone Lambsfoot arrived today. I’m definitely impressed. It’s a superb knife. You did well, Charlie. Exceedingly so, in fact.

My first encounter with a lambsfoot shaped blade happened when I was a child. My father had a fixed blade of this shape, that he used for leather working. Now that I think about it, it may have been the first knife I ever used, outside of kitchen cutlery, working leather with my Dad. He gave me his box of leather working equipment maybe 15 years back, but unfortunately the knife was gone. So this a special blade for me, finally getting another lambsfoot, for use on my work bench, cutting leather as I did as a child.

Within 15 minutes of popping the tube, I was right into the garage, testing the knife on a few scraps of leather. It works beautifully. Nice and sharp. The tip is strong, but still very precise. More so than a sheepsfoot. The swayback frame is extremely comfortable in my hand, and provides excellent control of my cuts.

Walk and talk is incredibly crisp. Definitely strong. I’d probably rate the pull to be about a 6.5. GEC did a great job on the fluted bolsters. Everything is flush, even at the half stop. Lovely and thoughtful tang stamps. I normally hate blade etches, but this one is perfectly suited to the knife, and even adds to it aesthetically. The jigging is very interesting as well.

All in all, the new lambsfoot is exceptional, to say the least. This isn’t just a great first effort for Waynorth Cutlery, this is the esrly establishment of a legacy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Âchillepattada

Âchillepattada Gold Member Gold Member

May 17, 2012
    And these knife as something which come from the literature

[​IMG]

9. Boxer .45

Boxer .45

Jan 11, 2015
    Well, then I'm confused as to why they are in the same thread here then? :)

10. Wharn

Wharn Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2011
    My ebony Lambfoot just showed up and it’s stunning. I’ll get some photos up this weekend.

11. Boxer .45

Boxer .45

Jan 11, 2015
    Can anybody point me to what gives the oily creek bone its color and texture?

12. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017

Great story and pics !

cigarrodog likes this.
  13. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
    @waynorth Congratulations Charlie, your tang stamp says you've arrived! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

[​IMG]

14. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Because this is a Ramsfoot and Lambsfoot thread.
    The Guardians thread is limited to Lambsfoot knives only.

Prester John, r8shell, bbk357 and 3 others like this.
  15. bax229

bax229 Gold Member Gold Member

May 7, 2016
    Man, these Lambfoot photos are fantastic! Such a beautiful knife!

If only, someone had an extra one lying around :rolleyes: (in jigged bone)

cigarrodog and Boxer .45 like this.
  16. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    @Buzzbait - well said man :thumbsup: All that goes before & then in conclusion "... This isn’t just a great first effort for Waynorth Cutlery, this is the early establishment of a legacy."

Ray

cigarrodog, Buzzbait and TFBraden like this.
  17. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Charlie, could you share your thoughts on the frame itself? The Waynorth Cutlery lambfoot is so close in measurements to the 47 frame that it begs the question: did you specify exactly the frame you ended up with as an homage to an old Sheffield pattern, and/or did you ever consider using the 47 pattern, but just wanted something a little more svelte?

18. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
    ... something else that's stunning is your avatar! Sweet!!!

jkwithawave, cigarrodog and Wharn like this.
  19. KellyGlanzer

KellyGlanzer Gold Member Gold Member

May 4, 2005
    So many great pictures, these have to be among the best i've seen. gorgeous! of course you do have a very photogenic subject.

cigarrodog and Buzzbait like this.
  20. Wharn

Wharn Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Thank you. That’s my pup who just turned one a few weeks ago. The photo is her a few days before we got her on the Fourth of July last year.

redsparrow and cigarrodog like this.