2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

Here is a Lamb covering a viper
Lined up on the right

GdqO4pr.jpg

A 'traditional' vendor just dropped some oily creek 93's. Good luck all.

eta: And they're gone. Hope y'all got one. They said the cocobolo will drop there in a few days.

Last edited:
This thread has me feeling conflicted. I'm not really a fan of the lambsfoot blade, favoring the wharncliffe (and even then I don't really like it all that much). Yet the pictures I see here have aroused feelings of covetousness. I don't like it. I didn't try to get either the lambsfoot or the cocobolo ramsfoot, but if I did I probably wouldn't have used it all that much. I don't use either the lambsfoot I already have, nor do I use my old Camillus Coast Guard knife that looks like the granddaddy of the ramsfoot. These knives are just so classically beautiful though; they have triggered my love of knives gene. Doesn't happen very often anymore, but I realize I am not yet fully immune to the charms of the sharp and shiny. Congrats to the lucky few who were able to wrangle these knives.

Last edited:
Very nice blue on that one congrats!

The Olde Towne 93 is a beauty, that is the blue were all hoping to get.

Now to the pile side. When I first opened the knife I said, "WHOA!!!! that is a major mismatch, should have been a second." My first reaction was to send an email and ask for a replacement but then after looking it over a little, it dawned on me how unique it was! Where the bone is denser, it absorbs less dye, I know. Wish the sides matched better, but do like the stiped pile side. It looks stabilized and if so the light areas won't get any darker. Not weak snap, but with a blade this long there is plenty of leverage to pinch it open.

GEC93bluecamelbone-2.jpg

GEC93bluecamelbone-1.jpg

Now to the pile side. When I first opened the knife I said, "WHOA!!!! that is a major mismatch, should have been a second." My first reaction was to send an email and ask for a replacement but then after looking it over a little, it dawned on me how unique it was! Where the bone is denser, it absorbs less dye, I know. Wish the sides matched better, but do like the stiped pile side. It looks stabilized and if so the light areas won't get any darker. Not weak snap, but with a blade this long there is plenty of leverage to pinch it open.

GEC93bluecamelbone-2.jpg

GEC93bluecamelbone-1.jpg

I wouldn't have wanted to send it back. Its beautiful! Most knives I hate uneven dye. But some it looks fantastic on.
When I was looking at samples of other GEC models that were comparable I came across one that was spotted, and after looking at it, like you said its really unique and special.

Sharp looking blade bud!

I'm pretty sure these are all gone. With this type of SFO run you get what you get. I would say you did great with the luck of the draw.

GEC93bluecamelbone-2.jpg

GEC93bluecamelbone-1.jpg
I personally like it. It gives each it's own individuality, looks more like a custom, rather than just coming from a production line. Just my thoughts. Enjoy your new addition. From some reading i have done, the early stag handles quiet often did not match, even if they came from the same antlers.

Through a series of fortunate events and being quick with my phone I ordered a #93 Cocobolo today. As I mentioned in another thread, should arrive whilst I’m having another chemo session, so I will have something very nice waiting when we get home. Smile time!
Congratulations. Please accept my kind thoughts and best wishes on your journey.

Through a series of fortunate events and being quick with my phone I ordered a #93 Cocobolo today. As I mentioned in another thread, should arrive whilst I’m having another chemo session, so I will have something very nice waiting when we get home. Smile time!
Nice grab :thumbsup: I knew the cocobolo would be a winner but I didn't anticipate this level of madness :) You are going to love that one!

On a side note...I find it humorous and enjoyable to go back to the beginning of a thread like this and see how everyone's opinion evolves over time :)
There is the production announcement phase where you have a little "ooh!" but mostly "meh" and "yay my wallet gets a break this run".
Then comes the production phase along with photos and you get a few more "hmm" or "doesnt look too bad will see what it looks like when they are finished" and fewer "meh".
Next is the post-production phase and panic starts to set in with all the "where do I get one!" or "I missed the reserve!".
Finally, the drop phase where folks buy and acquire knives from the run. At this point, a lot of the "meh" is converted into "I scored!" and life is glorious :)

Back