2020 is coming...

Dealers should have the new releases soon?
Yeah.
Does the SR1 Lite have metal liners? Thanks in advance!
No liners but it does have like 1/2 or 3/4 length bolsters for the lock.
Is the new 3V Tai Pan going to have a stonewashed finish like the Medium Warcraft Tanto?
Yep.
Cold Steel,
Does the SR1 Lite have the triad lock ?
Thanks,
Hank
Sure does, along with bolsters.

Starting to pop up at dealers. Looks like many (all?) new models at Minimum Advertised Price of 15% off. Hope I'm mistaken.

Cold Steel,
RE: 4-Max Scout
Are the steel liners inlet in the scale like the Spartan steel liners are inlet in the scale?
Hank

Starting to pop up at dealers. Looks like many (all?) new models at Minimum Advertised Price of 15% off. Hope I'm mistaken.
They are under MAP.
4 max scout hell yeah!
It's actually really awesome, not going to lie. I'm partial myself to the "budget" version of things, not really my style, but this thing is insane for the cost.
Cold Steel,
RE: 4-Max Scout
Are the steel liners inlet in the scale like the Spartan steel liners are inlet in the scale?
Hank
No, they are like the 4MAX.

They are under MAP.

It's actually really awesome, not going to lie. I'm partial myself to the "budget" version of things, not really my style, but this thing is insane for the cost.

No, they are like the 4MAX.

I'm also not a fan of the "budget" versions of thing(as i've been so vocal earlier this month) but i think for 4MAX Scout it works, since the price disparity with the "premium" version is so high, people get to enjoy the design and with relatively high performance.
IMO these AUS10 knives is kinda mid-range. The only thing i don't like is plastic(mainly due to the overall thickness), though i still own all Rajah III, Counter Point models. These could be nice G-10 models and may work well if made "premium".

The true budget one like 1.4116/8cr/5cr is probably what many enthusiast(keyword) dislike. Look at the majority of new CRKT lineup. Pretty sure they'll sell well, and the profit margin will be high if they sell a lot, but the true cost is the brand image IMO, which is obviously something that doesn't show on the balance sheet. E.g. CRKT and Gerber is so meme worthy nowadays for coming up with great design but cheap execution.

It's kinda like Porsche vs Toyota. One earns profit by charging a premium and brand image, another earns profit via the economy of scale of selling a crap tons of them. Obviously many others in between and above/below the range. It's just business strategy.

I'm okay with MAP if the company is making mid-high end product, e.g. Benchmade, Spyderco & ZT. People still buy a crap ton of them regardless. Don't think it works well for low end budget items since a part of MAP strategy is to protect brand image. E.g. Spyderco dropped MAP for their Byrd line.

Hey Cold Steel! I'm really excited for the Willow Leaf sword! Is it the same old oxtail dao or is it a whole new design?

Last edited:
All the regular vendors dont have them yet that I researched. Where your guys finding them? Specifically the 4-max scout. Thanks.

All the regular vendors dont have them yet that I researched. Where your guys finding them? Specifically the 4-max scout. Thanks.
On the online auction site, although the Scout does seem to be available yet.

Air Lite ordered.
As always, let me know what you think!
Hey Cold Steel! I'm really excited for the Willow Leaf sword! Is it the same old oxtail dao or is it a whole new design?
It is the same.
There is official video on CS channel about Air Lites. They look AMAZING! Gonna order myself a copuple!
Thanks!
They're buying them direct. They're under MAP, you're not getting a smoking deal somewhere else right now. Create and account and login on our website and the prices drop, a little trick most people don't know. I mean upwards of 30% on some items. Try it out, you may not need to order from a dealer.

As always, let me know what you think!

It is the same.

Thanks!

They're buying them direct. They're under MAP, you're not getting a smoking deal somewhere else right now. Create and account and login on our website and the prices drop, a little trick most people don't know. I mean upwards of 30% on some items. Try it out, you may not need to order from a dealer.

Thanks for the tip I will give it a shot!

Back