#35 Beer and Sausage Bar Tool Knife

Depending on how determined you are and how much time you have to "waste" ;), you might keep checking dealer sites. I missed the 33 drop and kept casually checking. Found a "store" model last week, long after they had sold out. Probably just a fluke, but....

They have pretty much all been snapped up at retail. Secondary is going to be your best bet. I recommend watching the Exchange here, as several have popped up in the last few days. Good luck!

I doubt you will find any at this point other than people listing on the exchange or ebay. These sold out within minutes of being listed on the dealers sites. The exchange is your best bet at getting one for $200 or less.

Thank you all. I was afraid that was the case. Ebay.. is about $250. I feel dumb paying double, but think its almost worth it. The exchange is awesome, but it seems they get snapped up almost immediately. I don't know how people see them so fast! I wish there was a way to know of restocks.. or even if there will be a restock.

Thank you all. I was afraid that was the case. Ebay.. is about $250. I feel dumb paying double, but think its almost worth it. The exchange is awesome, but it seems they get snapped up almost immediately. I don't know how people see them so fast! I wish there was a way to know of restocks.. or even if there will be a restock.

Contact me offline if you wouldn't mind a "S"tore version.

Smiling at the idea someone nice and polite may get a specimen they want thanks to the reflected kindness of our resident dealer.
I feel super fortunate at the generosity at the members of this forum. Its super great. And I have zero plans to ever sell this. I plan to edc it and eat tons of sausages and brush my beard with it! Worst case, if I don't love it I'll pass it onto a member of this forum at as good a deal as I get it for.. if not better. :)

I'm refreshing my email like crazy haha

Just pulled my #35 B&S out of the mail box and gave each of the blades/tools a good flushing.
I'm very happy to report that I received a good one. Fit n Finish is very good and the Micarta is beautiful.
Main blade has about a 4.5 pull, i could almost give it a 5. It snaps to half stop and strong snap open/closed.
The fork tool has a solid 5 pull and is super snappy at half stop, opening, and closing. I really like this combo tool.
The comb has a lighter pull, not sure if I'd give it a 2 or 3, so we will call it a 2.5 pull. The snap closed is solid, the snap open is "livable', and if you push on the spine while it's open it will snap back to open. That's really good enough for a comb. There really isn't a half stop to speak of on the comb, it's more of a bump in the road. There is a very slight rub on the comb and main blade, but it's a non-issue. Thank you knifeswapper knifeswapper for this wonderful GAW prize, I shall cherish it for many years to come.

The pull and snap you describe matches my ebony exactly. I would say the comb definitely stops at the half stop, but you can roll it back and forth a bit there. I actually find myself fidgeting with he comb opening and closing it. The light pull with the snap is satisfying.

I’m glad you were able to get ahold of one, especially the way you did. I know you were kind of back and forth on these. It really is a nice knife, despite the novelty factor.

HRVnqkytgkDcrjghf19L1wndO8Knkf9763hWG6GV36uxUvyPW-ocbI8NPOYTtFp_Kd_MIw5ILFRh31sWn4eynqIIDiGlLeehkTWwSv_gwGI_vqvUUyCeLHaGXlENccrdLvG3_4stJ4YrxS-By8FwRW49eHyW-3s7017OKXiUbJ4gqryfO__XQ8I2QW_YzM6g07U0RsSQgUGO3BDX1U0hs-IDUPlHHg8Ks5qflkwAyruY1W4wbNAunr3x5Ah0gmcI4h8sTCzad_zZg2rTHggmhb6_o04O55kcKyT64N-rxW0ZGzC6hkKiNoOH23NdlsbLtzChV-p6kFpFHOAe2kFzMfOKY9U2nB1sFYrW0pLL-2ec3B4z9TkzfQA2n8dl5jB3FZrG7qBLPSQglWYsrZztQSGQsozZVL5PWEdz5b8ZUx1VX6OOsnYQQkQ0lUc8YJvavafKvdKv3zWVEEEBv9VWz0Rsng888GakYa5LM3GFJLS0LF0yLo3te4fo6mGLB5uv7iKlFWRbL0QV2dp48kIC36HVWM0XkeHAJFyIYMI5651QD0DzsMrwDMLsHMlnOwcms-ddvCw12lINdRuW3Vgv80u7B_BHA-JdLoq1jhBrSZNmVlT4JRMidKRmc22f0Dks0-J_qUNIkkHkUd-lI5KLEn8Jd4snMQ6j-w_-B7DzW9RJgroLN92bnJicbWF1mA=w1026-h1366-no

I've only been carrying mine for two days, but I think this one is going to stick around along with my 82.

I received 2 of the Beer & Sausage knives yesterday and it was not a good day to take pictures and it is a little bit better today . Both of them will be Gifted at Christmas , so I gave them a quick check today before I will give them away . Both of them are well made . The color of each one is just a little different from the other one . That is Okay and even preferred to me . Other than the Colors , they are pretty much identical in every way . That is a good sign that the GEC Processes are pretty well under control . The Pulls of the Blades were probably 4-5 with Snaps . The Pulls of the Forks were probably 2-3 or a little less and with Snaps . The Pulls on the Comb were probably 0-1 with very slight Snaps on closing . I have read a lot of posts where persons are complaining about the Failure of QC on the lack of Pulls on the Fork & Comb . You can not judge that until you know what the design was and the Specifications . There is a distinct possibility that the Design or Specification is not what the Customer wanted in the first place . I also would like a little more pull on the Fork but I am not real sure that the structure of the Comb would take much of a Pull . If there was much more of a Pull on the Comb , I would have to have a Nail Nick in it . So unless I missed something , I will be proud to give these 2 knives as gifts and I think that the people in the GEC shop did a pretty good job on them . Now you want to see pictures .

I personally prefer the one with the most Red . Pictures 3 & 4 go together and likewise for 5 & 6 . Handles covers are well matched .

Harry

I received 2 of the Beer & Sausage knives yesterday and it was not a good day to take pictures and it is a little bit better today . Both of them will be Gifted at Christmas , so I gave them a quick check today before I will give them away . Both of them are well made . The color of each one is just a little different from the other one . That is Okay and even preferred to me . Other than the Colors , they are pretty much identical in every way . That is a good sign that the GEC Processes are pretty well under control . The Pulls of the Blades were probably 4-5 with Snaps . The Pulls of the Forks were probably 2-3 or a little less and with Snaps . The Pulls on the Comb were probably 0-1 with very slight Snaps on closing . I have read a lot of posts where persons are complaining about the Failure of QC on the lack of Pulls on the Fork & Comb . You can not judge that until you know what the design was and the Specifications . There is a distinct possibility that the Design or Specification is not what the Customer wanted in the first place . I also would like a little more pull on the Fork but I am not real sure that the structure of the Comb would take much of a Pull . If there was much more of a Pull on the Comb , I would have to have a Nail Nick in it . So unless I missed something , I will be proud to give these 2 knives as gifts and I think that the people in the GEC shop did a pretty good job on them . Now you want to see pictures .

I personally prefer the one with the most Red . Pictures 3 & 4 go together and likewise for 5 & 6 . Handles covers are well matched .

Harry
Two great gifts Harry. Those jigged bones came out top notch!!

These pictures are making me drool. I love the idea of a weaker pull. I hate the tough nail breaking ones haha Thanks again to knifeswapper for the hook up. I feel super fortunate. Can't wait to get it in hand. I can already tell I am going to love it. Those jigged bone ones look incredible too! You guys are lucky.

You can not judge that until you know what the design was and the Specifications
I would say you are right on with your assessment of the pull for the comb. Seems everybody's comb pulls are light. Probably have to be that way since the comb is not very rigid and... it's a comb.

However, the pulls on the fork are not consistent across all the samples. For instance, the pull on my fork is a very solid 5 and has the best pull/snap of all the blades. So if one example has a 5 pull, and another has a 2 pull, that speaks more to inconsistent construction than it does a design decision.

However, the pulls on the fork are not consistent across all the samples. For instance, the pull on my fork is a very solid 5 and has the best pull/snap of all the blades. So if one example has a 5 pull, and another has a 2 pull, that speaks more to inconsistent construction than it does a design decision.

Which is also not super accurate due to our subjective and varied testing methods here on the porch. ;)

I finally figured out what rhe BRR tool is used for. At first, I thought it was a strainer for making drinks, then a beard comb. Tried both. Just eh. Yesterday, I was working in some very thick areas of my family's farm in PA. They must have accidentally left the letter "U" out of the intended etch. It is a fine BURR removal tool. Worked well on my Johnson Woolen Mills pants.....
20201004_135652.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone gotten one of these without a pin? I went from never getting a pin to both of mine having pins, and in the past it was 1 in every 4 tubes had a pin from what I understood.

Back