Another pre order?

Another pre order?

• Total voters
Nope, in fact taking more pictures never crossed my mind;):p I thought you had a buddy who has one that you were going to try?:eek::(

Why can't a knife be used to look at?!

I mean some of the knives out there these days are basically functional art.

Some people like to use knives for slicing, chopping or similar. Some people like to use them for prying. Some people just like to look at them!

I figure if I use some to chop, slice, dice, and other chores in the way a cutting edge was designed, AND I use some for just looking at, I'm more of a user than someone who doesn't!!

Sorry. bro, no user pictures presently available, why don't you just contact Dan and see if he can make you one? Wait I did find a couple I took when I first got it! Yuuummmy Bacon!! Look how she glistens in the sunlight! By the way I may try and get another one:p:D
Here is the original posting, seems back in January this was on your list! :thumbsup:;)
http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/lcs-3v-big-brother.1449649/page-3

Last edited:
Sorry. bro, no user pictures presently available, why don't you just contact Dan and see if he can make you one? Wait I did find a couple I took when I first got it! Yuuummmy Bacon!! Look how she glistens in the sunlight! By the way I may try and get another one:p:D
Here is the original posting, seems back in January this was on your list! :thumbsup:;)
http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/lcs-3v-big-brother.1449649/page-3

Nice Tommy! I have contacted Dan but in all honesty i'd rather buy a CPK Behemoth Chopper for a fraction of the costs!!!!! :eek::eek:

Plus, I have been secretly saving to buy his Super Assassin....I just need to move states to a more sword-friendly neighborhood :D

Nice Tommy! I have contacted Dan but in all honesty i'd rather buy a CPK Behemoth Chopper for a fraction of the costs!!!!! :eek::eek:

Plus, I have been secretly saving to buy his Super Assassin....I just need to move states to a more sword-friendly neighborhood :D

Actually probably a bit more then the 1/2 way mark price, once you allow for a more cost effective kydex sheath for the Behemoth and then add the price of shipping your BC to the maker and so forth (IIRC the Sasquatch is about 1300 and comes with a sheath)...

Also note that the Sasquatch is about an inch or so longer and the price increase is not linear as you go longer in the blade's length, width and heft. For instance, compare Nathan's projected price on an MC of $375 (sans sheath) VS a BC at $525. I just wanted to make a correction so that those interested in Dan's larger blades do not get dissuaded thinking that you meant a "fraction" in a literal sense.

Dan's work does not come cheap! I have not talked to Dan in 6 or 7 months, but if memory serves me right (I could be wrong) he works full time as a Chiropractor or orthopedic Doctor, not sure (Don't remember honestly) and does not have time to build knives on a full time Basis! Also probably does not have the equipment (Machines) available that Nathan does (I do not know this for a fact)! Nathan's Behemoth Chopper at the price of $525 without a Sheath is a Bargain and a "No brainer" It is a terrific price with quality material and workmanship! I would very much like to have one! But I also have no regrets in Buying Dan's knives, and if the BC is not offered, I would not hesitate to buy another Sasquatch! I like it that much!:thumbsup:;):cool:

Dan's work does not come cheap! I have not talked to Dan in 6 or 7 months, but if memory serves me right (I could be wrong) he works full time as a Chiropractor or orthopedic Doctor, not sure (Don't remember honestly) and does not have time to build knives on a full time Basis! Also probably does not have the equipment (Machines) available that Nathan does (I do not know this for a fact)! Nathan's Behemoth Chopper at the price of $525 without a Sheath is a Bargain and a "No brainer" It is a terrific price with quality material and workmanship! I would very much like to have one! But I also have no regrets in Buying Dan's knives, and if the BC is not offered, I would not hesitate to buy another Sasquatch! I like it that much!:thumbsup:;):cool:
Lorien has a DK "knife" that I will eventually buy from him called a North Sword... I will have it one day.. it will be worth every.. single.. penny..

I went with the BC and that, and only that, is what it should be, Nathan. Why when it is ranked 3rd strictly by votes? Because it's not just the number of votes, but the revenue that it would generate as well. 30 votes (currently) at $525 each is more money to you than any other choice. It's probably also the hardest knife to find a substitute for among other manufacturers. Personally, I think it will take off once a few of them get out there and the design has some "traction".

If Nathan cared about revenue, he would charge more.. and he easily could. He doesn't need to release anything for it to take off. Anything he makes, we will buy. He's just trying to see what we want most right now.

Au contraire, every knifemaker cares about revenue (That's right, I said it--all of them! :D), or they'd give everything away for free. It's how they feed themselves and put roofs over their heads. I see you voted for the EDC though so I understand your concerns. ;) It's not too late to change your vote to BC.

Uh.. think about how many EDC's he could make and fit in a HT oven (or whatever is used) for the same amount of steel and space that a BC consumes. Which makes him more money, really?

o_t_e: while that statement is true as a collective, individually speaking it really depends on whether a particular prototype materializes into a marketable pattern. I can not fathom that Nathan would've made any $ of profit by producing 5, 10 or even 15 x his Behemoth Choppers (12" D3V steel) @ a base price of $525! Sometimes these knife makers lose quite a sizable chunk of $ on a particular prototype which invariably never materializes.

In closing, yes they (all manufactures) care about bottom line and profits but not every project becomes a revenue generator standing on its own two feet. R&D is costly ;)

I could use an EDC with just a tad more blade length. Can we get some pictures?
I am right here with you.
I voted for the EDC2, but I would like to have an idea what we are voting for.

Au contraire, every knifemaker cares about revenue (That's right, I said it--all of them! :D), or they'd give everything away for free. It's how they feed themselves and put roofs over their heads. I see you voted for the EDC though so I understand your concerns. ;) It's not too late to change your vote to BC.
I'll admit, I didn't vote twice on purpose.. I'm EDC crew fo' life!!

LOL, maybe...:D
It makes sense from a machining standpoint. It takes a machine a long time to run a large pattern... plus steel.. handle material.. tool wear.. sending for heat treat.. Running a small pattern is much more cost effective. It's also easier to grind after milling.

Back